House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guitarman001

Breakdown Cover

Jeeeez laweez! Has breakdown cover shot up in line with insurance? My car insurance was a rip-off this year, had to haggle big time just to get it to what it was last year (slightly less actually). AA is a rip-off, RAC a bit better, ended up going with Greenflag.

So many options - in the end decided to get car cover (not personal which increases the cost) - left out the 'at home cover' which also boosted the price. There were stupid things like 'send texts to loved ones' which anybody can do without!? Anyway.... £52 or so!! Was going to get the very basic package (£23) but that only takes you to the 'closest' garage and doesn't drop you off anywhere.

How about you guys - any tips for next year!?

You might want to look at the 'green insurance company'. just got a renewal for £34 for the works. Never had to call on them mind. Found them through MSE.

I imagine like Green Flag a local service gets the call.

Quidco can bring the price of policies down by more than half or I pay £40 or so for this: http://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/

It's an insurance policy for breakdown, with most of the bells and whistles, you have to pay for recovery, then claim. But they do have a 24hr line to arrange for a recovery, you still have to pay the local recovery company of course (then claim), but they also pay for hotels etc if required.

Used them 3 times in 1 year, they paid out £60 each time for recovery and still renewed me at the same price :D

Thankfully my rust bucket has been running strong for a whole year now, expecting it to blow up anytime soon however. :blink: