House Price Crash Forum

Scrougers Get Away With It Again

MrP

HOLA441
HOLA442

Happens all the time round where I live. You wouldn't believe half the stories I could tell you. As yet I've never dobbed anybody in but hell do they deserve it. Sometimes I think it's others who live in a bubble when they say this sort of thing isn't common - certainly is from what I've seen!

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Philip White, prosecuting on behalf of the DWP, said Grahame claimed £30,492.30 in income support, £178.46 in jobseekers allowance, £8,314.19 in housing benefits and £1,657.62 in council tax, totalling £40,642.57 in fraudulent benefit claims.

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/163-40k-benefit-fraudster-worked-cruise-singer/article-2712249-detail/article.html

HOLA448
HOLA449

The banks got over a trilion and are still paying billions in bonuses, and you are angry at this small time chancer. You need your bloody head read.

Pretty much my thoughts too, if this bloke does deserve a bit of a working over for his deception, then Blair/Brown/King etc are way ahead in the queue.

HOLA4410

The banks got over a trilion and are still paying billions in bonuses, and you are angry at this small time chancer. You need your bloody head read.

I agree. When I was unemployed I was temped to put my not very big wodge off-shore and claim benefits. Largely because my wodge was given to me (by Mum) and I felt guilty about it hemorrhaging so quickly. I'm glad I didn't do it though. I got a job eventually. :)

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Could'nt have put it better. Focus on the real villains, media want to divert your anger elsewhere.

The only difference between the banksters and these other worthless scum is how sucessful they have been. They are the same sort of people.

The media have not hidden the bankers bail outs and I do not believe they're interested in doing so. The banksters excessive bonuses etc are well reported. I hate the banksters but at least their organisations do create employment and generate some wealth (doubt its a net positive though). These benefit thieves are just a cost we should get rid of.

I think the only diversion is from certain members of this board (probably scroungers themselves) who don't like it when they get an insight to what many of us would like to do to them. Their response is to defend the actions of these paracites, by stating that they steal less than the bankers so it all OK. If I killed someone for no good reason would it be OK since Hitler killed more?

HOLA4416

The only difference between the banksters and these other worthless scum is how sucessful they have been. They are the same sort of people.

The media have not hidden the bankers bail outs and I do not believe they're interested in doing so. The banksters excessive bonuses etc are well reported. I hate the banksters but at least their organisations do create employment and generate some wealth (doubt its a net positive though). These benefit thieves are just a cost we should get rid of.

I think the only diversion is from certain members of this board (probably scroungers themselves) who don't like it when they get an insight to what many of us would like to do to them. Their response is to defend the actions of these paracites, by stating that they steal less than the bankers so it all OK. If I killed someone for no good reason would it be OK since Hitler killed more?

Total inconsistent rambling

Just hate them in silence, when you try to expain you lose focus

Edited by Stars

HOLA4417

I wonder if I could ask my fellow HPCers a theoretical question? Just for curiosity's sake.

Suppose you were to lose your job for whatever reason, and you went onto JSA. It's enough to survive on, but only just and it's all you are getting.

One day, a friend says "If you help me take some stuff down the dump tomorrow, I'll give you £50 cash, it'll take most of the day".

You could decline to do it, you could agree to do it but decline the money, you could accept the work and money and declare it the next time you signed on (you would be allowed to keep £5 of it) or you could do it, take the money, and not declare it when you next sign on (this would be benefit fraud).

Be completely honest, what would you do in those exact circumstances?

HOLA4418

I wonder if I could ask my fellow HPCers a theoretical question? Just for curiosity's sake.

Suppose you were to lose your job for whatever reason, and you went onto JSA. It's enough to survive on, but only just and it's all you are getting.

One day, a friend says "If you help me take some stuff down the dump tomorrow, I'll give you £50 cash, it'll take most of the day".

You could decline to do it, you could agree to do it but decline the money, you could accept the work and money and declare it the next time you signed on (you would be allowed to keep £5 of it) or you could do it, take the money, and not declare it when you next sign on (this would be benefit fraud).

Be completely honest, what would you do in those exact circumstances?

Bow down to your Elite Masters!

Politicians and campaigners reacted with fury to the Daily Telegraph's revelation that Lord Watson of Invergowrie started claiming up to £308 a day after serving only half his 16-month sentence.

While freed on licence and supervised by social workers, he was able to claim the money under the House of Lords expenses scheme for between 50 and 60 days.

In total he has claimed more than £100,000 in allowances since being released early, despite only speaking in the Lords only a handful of times over the past year.

In addition, he works for an Edinburgh-based lobbying firm which, according to its website, helps "clients steer a way through the political process and ensure that your voice is heard."

But Mark Wallace, campaign director of the Taxpayers' Alliance, said Lord Watson should resign from the Lords and pay back all the expenses he has claimed since being freed.

He said: "This is a disgusting example of someone taking advantage of taxpayers' generosity.

"If this man had a shred of decency, he would have resigned from the House of Lords and gone into obscurity rather than getting back on the gravy train at the first available opportunity."

Bill Aitken, Scottish Tory justice spokesman, claimed Lord Watson was the "principal beneficiary of soft-touch Scotland".

He added: "Many will find it incomprehensible that a man released early from jail should be able to accumulate this amount of money from the taxpayer. He is making a mockery of the entire system."

Lord Watson, a former Labour MP who received a life peerage from Tony Blair, was jailed in September 2005 for setting fire to curtains at Prestonfield House Hotel in Edinburgh.

A fire expert told prosecutors that the blaze, which started during a black-tie dinner and caused £ 4,500 of damage, had placed hotel occupants in "a potentially dangerous situation".

But it is virtually impossible to expel peers from the House of Lords, allowing him to start claiming expenses soon after being released in May 2006.

Among the expenses he is is eligible for without receipts, are £80 per day for attendance plus an overnight allowance of more than £165, as well as £70 in "office costs".

He has used these to claim more about £100,000 despite voting on only about a quarter of the days he was present. He has spoken only five times in the past year and has not put down any written questions.

The disclosure will add to the pressure for Lords reform to stop convicted criminals or those who have broken Parliamentary rules from sitting as peers. Jack Straw, the Justice Secretary, is examining the issue.

Angus MacNeil, the SNP MP whose police complaint triggered the cash-for-honours inquiry, said: "These revelations make the House of Lords unsustainable.

"There must be a full independent investigation by standards authorities into these reports and a complete and immediate end to political consultancy by members of the Lords."

A spokesman for the Houses of Parliament confirmed Lord Watson had not broken any rules because "if you attend, then you can claim."

Lord Watson did not return our calls.

http://www.telegraph...on-release.html

Edited by erranta

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-11849154

Anyone else think this b@stard got off FAR too lightly?

People will probably think me extreme, but I'd love to smash his skull open with a hammer. I'm SICK of paying for these worthless theiving pieces of sh1t.

Yes he did get off too lightly and should be jailed, along with bankers and thieving MPs. He is repaying the debt £75 a month, so in other words it will never to paid back. That's a great loan rate courtesy of the British taxpayer......again.

Britain needs to set an example and should build more prisons. I don't want him physically hurt with a hammer, I just want people like him removed from society for a while. If he was sent down for 5 years it would send a very clear message.

I was unable to claim unemployment when I lived in the UK back in 2003. I was unable to work for a while but couldn't claim anything because I had savings. I paid a lot of money in tax to the British government but never got a bean back. It was one of the many reasons I left the country.

Grahame worked as a comedian and vocalist but still attended appointments to claim benefits comprising:

£30,492 in income support;

£178 in Jobseeker's Allowance;

£3,700 in housing benefits;

£446 in council tax, totalling £34,800.

An entertainment website described Grahame as a "personality vocalist" with a great voice.

So far Grahame had only repaid £50 to the department.

Mungo Wenban-Smith, representing Graham, said his client had every intention of repaying the money defrauded.

He said Grahame had been repaying Torbay Council £75 a month. This ceased in September when he stopped work "due to a nervous breakdown", he said.

HOLA4422

Here's the problem- we see government sanctioned theft on an epic scale in the banking sector but are supposed to get excited when some chancer makes off with a crappy 40 grand. Sure, the guys a thief- but so are MPs, Bankers, overpaid civil servants and CEO's- what's the difference?

Mervyn King has printed away the value of people's savings, to pour even more money on the pigs in the city, and the whole rotten EU club are getting together with the IMF to rape the Irish people.

Some crooner fiddling the benefits system is way at the back of my list these days- at least this guy isn't pretending to be 'helping' people while f*ucking them.

The only difference between this guy and the rest is that he's not in a position of trust that he can abuse to bend the system in his favour.

Edited by wonderpup

HOLA4423

Here's the problem- we see government sanctioned theft on an epic scale in the banking sector but are supposed to get excited when some chancer makes off with a crappy 40 grand. Sure, the guys a thief- but so are MPs, Bankers, overpaid civil servants and CEO's- what's the difference?

Mervyn King has printed away the value of people's savings, to pour even more money on the pigs in the city, and the whole rotten EU club are getting together with the IMF to rape the Irish people.

Some crooner fiddling the benefits system is way at the back of my list these days- at least this guy isn't pretending to be 'helping' people while f*ucking them.

The only difference between this guy and the rest is that he's not in a position of trust that he can abuse to bend the system in his favour.

Not to mention the buckets of what is effectively welfare collected in property prices during the boom. They only ever seem to want to close off some people's free-ride.

This is the first of your posts i have agreed with

I hope it isn't the last

Edited by Stars

HOLA4424
Not to mention the buckets of what is effectively welfare collected in property prices during the boom. They only ever seem to want to close off some people's free-ride.

This is the first of your posts i have agreed with

I hope it isn't the last

The way things are going it'll come down to just two camps- those riding on the gravy train and those being crushed under it's progression down the tracks toward kleptocracy.

HOLA4425

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-11849154

Anyone else think this b@stard got off FAR too lightly?

People will probably think me extreme, but I'd love to smash his skull open with a hammer. I'm SICK of paying for these worthless theiving pieces of sh1t.

Just one of Millions who are at it, just one of the reasons we are are in the shxt, no wonder they don't want ID cards in.