House Price Crash Forum

Government Issue A D Notice Over Wikileaks

Reck B

HOLA441

Two issued of types: DA-Notice 01: Military Operations, Plans & Capabilities DA-Notice 05: United Kingdom Security & Intelligence Special Services

How does that work then? i presume the D Notice bans UK media reporting the leak, whatever that may be. Surely this action advertises the fact that there's something they don't want us to know and people will just check wikileaks anyway?It's all a bit silly, no?

Or maybe they actually want everyone to find out? hmmmmmm.

HOLA442

It does scream.. LOOK OVER HERE!!

What else can they do though? I reckon it's genuine. I also reckon it'll be embarrassing.

Good, I'm bored of politicians being holier than thou. Too bad the media will take it all rather seriously and start demanding resignations and "answers" :rolleyes:

HOLA443

The clucking filthy barstewards pin the accusation of rape on the bloke and now want to suppress the population from accessing the truth.

If the site is closed down - unlikely due to the way it is structured - we all need to be very very worried.

HOLA444
HOLA445

The clucking filthy barstewards pin the accusation of rape on the bloke and now want to suppress the population from accessing the truth.

If the site is closed down - unlikely due to the way it is structured - we all need to be very very worried.

+1. Who in their right mind is going to believe the accusation of rape now?

It just seems like a deliberate attempt to discredit and slur.

The State Security Services need to come up with some new ideas.

Im not one for gossips, but I will be interested to know whats in the documents.

Although I suspect it will probably be a storm in a tea cup

I mean how bad could it be? We already know that over 600,000 Innocent Iraqis were killed, 'accidentally'

And that the Labour Government took us into the war illegally.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Tried to donate a tenner to Wikileaks, via their online link page: http://wikileaks.org...ia/support.html

Clicked on option 4; PayPal via Wau Holland Foundation

There is no United Kingdom listed.

Cannot donate.

HOLA446

Two issued of types: DA-Notice 01: Military Operations, Plans & Capabilities DA-Notice 05: United Kingdom Security & Intelligence Special Services

How does that work then? i presume the D Notice bans UK media reporting the leak, whatever that may be. Surely this action advertises the fact that there's something they don't want us to know and people will just check wikileaks anyway?It's all a bit silly, no?

A D notice is a request and are not legally enforceable and consequently news editors can choose to ignore them. All though they never have.

HOLA447
HOLA448

There's no such thing as a "D" notice and never has been. It's just a myth.

Edit: I mean, in the sense of a legally enfocable one.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

It's pointless trying to ban or ask media not to print it in this country. The whole point of the leaks is about what ours and other governments said of foreign nations. It's the foreign nations that will take offence.

It's a bit like asking your dad not to tell your mum what you wrote in your diary about the next door neighbour. She wouldn't care, but it's your neighbour that you don't want told because he will let the dog cr*p on the lawn.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

There's no such thing as a "D" notice and never has been. It's just a myth.

Edit: I mean, in the sense of a legally enfocable one.

???? Thats funny because I attended a meeting with a government D notice committee (National Security) at the Home Office in 1987. I wil ring and tell them that 6538 says they are a myth and do not exist. That should do the trick

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

???? Thats funny because I attended a meeting with a government D notice committee (National Security) at the Home Office in 1987. I wil ring and tell them that 6538 says they are a myth and do not exist. That should do the trick

Did you not manage to read my second sentence?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Going to cause a few issues in the middle east

Embassy cables show Arab allies want strike against Tehran

• Israel prepared to attack alone to avoid its own 9/11

• Iranian bomb risks 'Middle East proliferation, war or both' Grave fears in Washington and London over the security of Pakistan's nuclear weapons programme • Alleged links between the Russian government and organised crime.

• Devastating criticism of the UK's military operations in Afghanistan.

• Claims of inappropriate behaviour by a member of the British royal family.

HOLA4425

Alleged links between the Russian government and organised crime.

Devastating criticism of the UK's military operations in Afghanistan.

Claims of inappropriate behaviour by a member of the British royal family.

Not exactly Earth shattering.

Archived