House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Socialhacker.co.uk

Pound Down A 1%

I think its the dollar going up...gold has been waning a little in dollar terms anyway.

Same for the last 18 months pound hits 1.4 or so, strengthens, pound hits 1.6, weakens.

Engineered by the central banks?

Not a chance :lol:

you make it sound like its been pinging off those levels like clockwork consistently, in reality it went from 1.35 to 1.70 then 1.40 then 1.60 and is now declining, not exactly a 1.40-1.60 trading range

Dollar up and everything else down. I've had to buy more US long bonds just to have some semblance of diversification.

Although I am starting to tinker with a long physical gold and short commodity future basket as well.

Dollar up and everything else down. I've had to buy more US long bonds just to have some semblance of diversification.

Although I am starting to tinker with a long physical gold and short commodity future basket as well.

how ironic that would be, bernanke QEs, HPC goes in a wild frenzy about the death of fiat and imminent hyperinflation and the worthlessness of the usd and paper generally exactly the same time it potentially starts its biggest bull run in 80 years, almost as poetic a contrarian indicator as asset price collapse and deflationary collapse18 months ago just as the markets started their biggest potential bear rally in history

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

It was the UK's contribution to Irelands bailout, Lloyds bought a load of euros against gbp

Insider trading.

The thing to 'hang on to' is that you can never satisfy greed.

how ironic that would be, bernanke QEs, HPC goes in a wild frenzy about the death of fiat and imminent hyperinflation and the worthlessness of the usd and paper generally exactly the same time it potentially starts its biggest bull run in 80 years, almost as poetic a contrarian indicator as asset price collapse and deflationary collapse18 months ago just as the markets started their biggest potential bear rally in history

I always read your posts with interest tdl, and appreciate your analysis, yet i am also minded that the only certainty (other than death and taxes) is uncertainty

until the $dix breaches the upper resistance on the triangle trendline (approx. 86), we are in no-mans land, if it breaks through that, i may be more inclined to believe in a new multi year usd bull

until the $dix breaches the upper resistance on the triangle trendline (approx. 86), we are in no-mans land, if it breaks through that, i may be more inclined to believe in a new multi year usd bull

id agree, theres no certainty of anything outside of death, its why i sneaked in the word potentially, i am just minded though that there is unlikely to ever be a more perfectly negative sentiment for a bottom to form if there is going to be one

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

I ain't sayin nuffink.

:)

I think its the dollar going up...gold has been waning a little in dollar terms anyway.

Same for the last 18 months pound hits 1.4 or so, strengthens, pound hits 1.6, weakens.

Engineered by the central banks?

Not a chance :lol:

I think you may find that gold is consolidating.

Insider trading.

The thing to 'hang on to' is that you can never satisfy greed.

Insider trading? :lol:

Just when you'd thought seen enough nonsense on here to last a lifetime somebody always manages to go that little bit further.