House Price Crash Forum
eric pebble

The Chinese Are Going To Buy Up London Property

The Chinese are going to buy up London property.

Bloody scary. Bloody disgraceful. Looks like this is a brainwave by the VI's to keep the bubble inflated.

...Well one good thing about it you don't have to live there. ;)

Nice of them to hand over the loot to UK citizens and then sit back and take a massive hit on their capital investment in the coming years.

Or soak up the short terms hits and buy the banks and the city as a main course.

Bloody scary. Bloody disgraceful. Looks like this is a brainwave by the VI's to keep the bubble inflated.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-business/article-23901559-red-army-of-buyers-keeps-uk-landlords-in-the-black.do

That's an interesting new development on their method for keeping the yuan down. Instead of lending us the money, via the UK property market, so that we can continue to buy their products, they are lending THEMSELVES the money. We get a few hundred flatscreen TVs, some rich chinese family gets a flat in London. Any younguns looking to make their way in the big smoke better watch out, the place could become even more unnafordable than it is now. Take a look at the Vancouver property market to see what could happen. I understand that there a bog standard house in an outer suburb will go for over 1 million dollars and apparently it's because wealthy Chinese investors like Canadian property as a place to park their cash. Personally I'd like to see the government restrict residential propery ownership to people that have been resident for 5 years or more, but that sort of thing has less than a snowball's chance in hell of happening in this country.

Let them buy it all. Then cap rents and let lots more homes be built. Property can be a liability as well as an asset.

Lets be honest, so long as they get funding from their own banks they represent a lot better credit risk than the bloody wilsons and the typical UK BTLer, and thus are better for taxpayers.

Personally, given how sterling will continue to be devalued in the coming years and decades against Chinese currency, and property will be paid for in sterling, i think theyre mad.

It's all a consequence of us buying cheap Chinese goods from shops like Asda, B&Q etc... Our wealth is exported overseas in exchange for cheap tat, if gold was used as currency we would have run out of purchasing power a long time ago, instead with paper credit notes we time-shift our demand forwards (spending future income) which is in-turn lent back to us so that we can buy more Chinese goods. Previously they lent it back to us in the form of mortgages, but now they are cutting the middle man out. I blame our politicians and their corporate puppet masters who make a hansom profit exporting our countries wealth. I don't really blame the chinese, in-fact I welcome our new Chinese overlords and expect they might do a better job of running our country than the domestic parasites have done.

There may be an element of Chinese investment in the Vancouver property market but the main reason for the strength of that market is that it is located on a seaboard. All of the most liveable cities and consequently the best real estate around the world are located on the coast, unlike the most affordable cities.

Anyway the smart cockney EA will now be buying a copy of "Mandarin for Dummies". The Chinese are partial to cash settlements as well. They also don’t mind holding a property untenanted so not good news for anyone hoping for a rise in vacancy rates.

+1

If you want to park your cash somewhere, an empty property is not a bad bet.

Certainly, that kind of thinking is common in Paris (full of empty flats) and also in other places (if I remember correctly, Fromage Frais on this board said in an anecdotal that it was common in Tunisia).

All very interesting and TRUE

Mrs Protect Rural England was today dealing with a chap In Singapore.

Chap in Singapore bought a block of flats in the West End (11 units)

He has never seen them.

He is letting them out.

Min weekly rent £1500 max for the "best" £3250 (per week)

Mr xxxxxx in Singapore most unhappy he hasn't had a back to back and new tennants move in on the day of completion.

It's all a consequence of us buying cheap Chinese goods from shops like Asda, B&Q etc... Our wealth is exported overseas in exchange for cheap tat, if gold was used as currency we would have run out of purchasing power a long time ago, instead with paper credit notes we time-shift our demand forwards (spending future income) which is in-turn lent back to us so that we can buy more Chinese goods. Previously they lent it back to us in the form of mortgages, but now they are cutting the middle man out. I blame our politicians and their corporate puppet masters who make a hansom profit exporting our countries wealth. I don't really blame the chinese, in-fact I welcome our new Chinese overlords and expect they might do a better job of running our country than the domestic parasites have done.

It seems we have sold almost everything we had of value to the highest bidder, so what does a few houses matter in the scheme of things.....the Chinese after all have all the wests money to spend from selling us cheap goods....they say the best way to preserve your money is to diversify.....that is what they are doing. ;)

Why becuase all the electronic firms push the latest gadgets onto the market over there and use them as beta testers before bringing them to Europe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_Differences_in_Intelligence

Europe is quoted as 99 but it doesnt take into account the biodiversity across the region for example. After all the typical Anglo-Saxon looks different to the typical Italian for example.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashkenazi_intelligence

Ironically

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/world-war-2/7961211/Hitler-had-Jewish-and-African-roots-DNA-tests-show.html

But how much of IQ is also down to cultural habits and diet? Japanese eat alot of fish for example which is good quality protein and brain food in general plus the brain consumes more calories than any other part of the body in proportion to mass as well.

Likewise is IQ the best measure of intelligence? What about the Flynn effect? Lots of variables to consider though. ;)

The Ashkenazi Jews are a great example of evolution in action over the short span of about a millenium. They were almost universally barred from agricultural work or any of the trades like blacksmiths, so they had to survive in moneylending and other merchant activities that required higher cognitive abilities and were deemed immoral for christians by the pope. There was intense selection pressure during the Middle Ages and the results are obvious today.

I don't know the exact numbers, but the number of Nobels in the sciences that have been won by Ashkenazi Jews is astounding.

What price can you put on imagination that leads to innovation though? The world is changing all the time and I find it interesting that the Chinese have made good use of UK architects for example whilst also employing the latest green technology in new developments as well.

You guy make me Rarf Out Roud....

Chinese house price control UK not have-la ....

:P

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-business/article-23901559-red-army-of-buyers-keeps-uk-landlords-in-the-black.do

Not to worry. When Spain and Portugal leave the Euro and devalue you'll all be able to buy an appartment overlooking the beach for 50 grand and be welcomed with open arms by the locals.

What price can you put on imagination that leads to innovation though? The world is changing all the time and I find it interesting that the Chinese have made good use of UK architects for example whilst also employing the latest green technology in new developments as well.

They can have the new green technology as most of it requires rare earth metals and where are most of those these days?

No. Look at a typical Mensa cohort to see a group untroubled by social skills, not to mention aesthetics.

Of course all the great human advances have been achieved by people with 'social skills' and average IQ's havn't they?

Maybe theres a disproprtionate number of INTJ's amongst them?

But to assume we as humans are intelligent is hubris.

For example intelligence is displayed in many animals on this planet becuase they can survive. Survival is my measure of basic intelligence but theres also other indicators of intelligence like emotion. Pets display emotion and affection yet many people consider them not be intelligent. Why?

Perhaps its becuase they cant communicate with us or rather their physical constraints prohibit their ability to communicate in all but a limited fashion as body language.

Put another way, maybe humans are not intelligent enough at the moment to have developed a method in which to communicate properly with animals?

Likewise someone with Dyslexia as one example off the top of my head would be consider average and yet many great innovators and business leaders are dyslexic. Maybe Science hasnt worked out a dyslexics brain works faster than the body is physically able to work at?

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/06/business/06dyslexia.html

http://www.dyslexia.com/famous.htm

Animals must be more intelligent than humans. Animals consume what they need and by doing so ensure their survival. Humans on the other hand have decided that it's more fun to consume a bit more than they need and bu99er survival.

It is inevitable if we are to embrace the world in a multicultural orgy. Will it turn out well? Ask whoever decided that London has to be the multicultural capital of the world, it weren't me. It may well turn out well, after all, if we ourselves can't populate the capital, perhaps it's human Darwinism on a grand scale. It's certainly too late for any right wing movement now. After all, any such move would be cut out like a sickness without hesitation, so like it or not - we have chosen our multicultural path and now must follow it.