House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CrashedOutAndBurned

Filth Leave Rusty Old Van In Middle Of Protest

We all know that when the meeja covers protest the issues are glossed over while a broken window or two becomes the story. Obviously, anything you can do to ensure there's some sort of incident to deflect attention and stop serious discussion you will do if you're the powers that be.

The media reported, variously, that a police van had be 'surrounded' or 'abandoned', giving the impression that the pigs had to flea from the baying mob for their own safety. It was, in fact, just a decoy for the cameras.

there is something really interesting about this van.

* It has no number plates

* It is painted in the OLD livery of the Metropolitan police.

* It has been out of service long enough to get rusty.

http://www.sumpter.org.uk/?p=300

It was an old model Sprinter - it could have been rusty at 2 years old - they were terrible rustbuckets - like many recentish Mercedes vehicles.... I have to say, I did wonder if it was a life expired sacrificial lamb at the time - but it was supposedly full of equipment - did the news actually show anything being taken from it ?

I think the fact it was number plateless is the most interesting aspect. Hace you ever seen a Police van out and about without a number plate ? Don't think I have.

I for one deprecate you calling the Police filth and pigs..grow up.

Secondly, this is one of the usual hysterical conspiracy theories that always come out. The protestors wrecked it, does your theory somehow make them innocent?

No it doesn't make them innocent of casuing damage to it. However it changes the view the public have of the event. The Police leaving a 'trap' like that is stooping pretty low. How are people supposed to 'respect' them if they stoop to this sort of act ?

As is kettling everyone in for 4 hours and not allowing them to leave. I am surprised that nobody has taken to court for kidnapping. I am sure they have something in place to cover their arses. However I would be interested to see how it went in Court and what justification the Police could give to holding people against their will when no offence has been caused.

No doubt they would use some 'safety' get out clause or the like.

Secondly, this is one of the usual hysterical conspiracy theories that always come out. The protestors wrecked it, does your theory somehow make them innocent?

The thread starter is right the police are filth. Anyone who has had dealings with this bunch can attest to that, ask any good solicitor. Vile scum to a man. ;)

Calling ALL the Police filth or scum is a bit much IMO. Some of them are pretty good and have to deal with some nasty stuff.

However they are just a cross section of society like anything else. So they will have their share of idiots like anywhere else. Only difference is this group of idiots get extreme power which they can take advantage off.

Calling ALL the Police filth or scum is a bit much IMO. Some of them are pretty good and have to deal with some nasty stuff.

However they are just a cross section of society like anything else. So they will have their share of idiots like anywhere else. Only difference is this group of idiots get extreme power which they can take advantage off.

Fair enough perhaps It is a bit unfair to condemn them all as Im sure there are some decent policemen/policewomen. But you give this bunch to much power and the majority of them abuse it. :D

Fair enough perhaps It is a bit unfair to condemn them all as Im sure there are some decent policemen/policewomen. But you give this bunch to much power and the majority of them abuse it. :D

Not sure it is the majority, but certainly quite a lot. I just think the ones that do have such an impact on people's lives that it tarnishes the others who do a good job. And I am far from a Police apologist. Have had a few run ins with them before. And not the good ones either. Nasty *****.

No it doesn't make them innocent of casuing damage to it. However it changes the view the public have of the event. The Police leaving a 'trap' like that is stooping pretty low. How are people supposed to 'respect' them if they stoop to this sort of act ?

Yes, that's the crux of it. Shouldn't the pigs be merely policing the event instead of colluding with the state to try and produce the required 'negative' images of the protestors?

We don't pay for them to do that. Useless idiots.

Yes, that's the crux of it. Shouldn't the pigs be merely policing the event instead of colluding with the state to try and produce the required 'negative' images of the protestors?

We don't pay for them to do that. Useless idiots.

Yep. Their job is not to play games. Well that is what I thought anyway.

Yep. Their job is not to play games. Well that is what I thought anyway.

If the leaving of the van was deliberate, perhaps rather than to provide 'vandalism pictures ' for the media, it could have been left on purpose as a distraction 'give them something cheap to smash up to vent their feelings'. After all, they didn't have to smash it up for the media, but perhaps better a van is trashed than a building, and safer for those committing the vandalism too...or was there a fire extinguisher inside ;)

Yes I remember all those decent policemen/policewomen protesting on the streets, calling into radio phone-ins and picketing their local stations to let everyone know, as loudly as they could, that they were disgusted with the behaviour of PC Simon Harwood at the G20 protests, pushing an innocent bystander to his death and with the subsequent legal whitewash that meant that he avoided all charges.

It was their efforts to distance themselves from the small number of 'bad apple' colleagues that led to his eventual arrest, trial for murder, conviction and life sentence. That's why we should stand by all the decent police.

Or not.

The thread starter is right the police are filth. Anyone who has had dealings with this bunch can attest to that, ask any good solicitor. Vile scum to a man. ;)

Did you intend for your comment to apply to those police officers who have given up their lives in active service?

I think the fact it was number plateless is the most interesting aspect. Hace you ever seen a Police van out and about without a number plate ? Don't think I have.

Very good point.

Also, some filth are removing their ID during riots.

Did you intend for your comment to apply to those police officers who have given up their lives in active service?

A good point, but a little bit emotional; sort of stuff you'd expect from the Sun.

I agree those protestors should have gone through the normal poltical channels of campaigning for a reduction of fees at the General Election or peacefully lobbying their MPs.at the end of their march

Oh dear me I forgot that the students had tried the former route in May but had simply been simply lied to by Nick Clegg and his ilk who signed a pledge to do one thing and then complelely reversed their position once they had got elected. As for lobbying their MPs none of the demonstrators was allowed anywhere near Parliament which was surrounded by loads of burly scuffers in full war paint so there was f*ck all chance of them exercising that democratic right.

As for the police van it was obviously set up for agent provocateurs to provide some nice media shots of 'trouble makers'. If the protestors had been genuine revolutionaries they would have torched the government offices that surrounded them while they were kettled in Whitehall not wasted their energy on some rusting plod carrier.

I agree those protestors should have gone through the normal poltical channels of campaigning for a reduction of fees at the General Election or peacefully lobbying their MPs.at the end of their march

Oh dear me I forgot that the students had tried the former route in May but had simply been simply lied to by Nick Clegg and his ilk who signed a pledge to do one thing and then complelely reversed their position once they had got elected. As for lobbying their MPs none of the demonstrators was allowed anywhere near Parliament which was surrounded by loads of burly scuffers in full war paint so there was f*ck all chance of them exercising that democratic right.

As for the police van it was obviously set up for agent provocateurs to provide some nice media shots of 'trouble makers'. If the protestors had been genuine revolutionaries they would have torched the government offices that surrounded them while they were kettled in Whitehall not wasted their energy on some rusting plod carrier.

+1

Good post imho.

If the leaving of the van was deliberate, perhaps rather than to provide 'vandalism pictures ' for the media, it could have been left on purpose as a distraction 'give them something cheap to smash up to vent their feelings'. After all, they didn't have to smash it up for the media, but perhaps better a van is trashed than a building, and safer for those committing the vandalism too...or was there a fire extinguisher inside ;)

That's what I call "good thinking"! :)

A good point, but a little bit emotional; sort of stuff you'd expect from the Sun.

Hmm, my point wasn't intended to be emotional merely to test the logicality of the poster's statement:

"The thread starter is right the police are filth".

Would a rational human being apply the word "filth" to describe a person who has made the ultimate sacrifice during service to the wider community?

Your reference to the Sun seems a little contrived, are you a big reader?

Hmm, my point wasn't intended to be emotional merely to test the logicality of the poster's statement:

Would a rational human being apply the word "filth" to describe a person who has made the ultimate sacrifice during service to the wider community?

Having served in the military I know a few people who have made " the ultimate sacrifice" during service. The police on the other hand are in the police force because its a reasonably well paid job. I doubt very few of them are in it for " the community".

By the way my sister was a serving police officer until very recently and she never objected to me calling her the filth :lol:

ps. i used the word filth to describe the police force as a whole,not as you have insinuated about those that have given their lives in service. ;)

Sorry - No offence meant! I was a bit pissed and truculent last night.

And...I've become really anti-plod in the last few years, as watching them change into forces above the law, seems real serious.

We all know that when the meeja covers protest the issues are glossed over while a broken window or two becomes the story. Obviously, anything you can do to ensure there's some sort of incident to deflect attention and stop serious discussion you will do if you're the powers that be.

The media reported, variously, that a police van had be 'surrounded' or 'abandoned', giving the impression that the pigs had to flea from the baying mob for their own safety. It was, in fact, just a decoy for the cameras.

http://www.sumpter.org.uk/?p=300

So what? I mean this is just pathetic - even if it's true then it just makes the rioting students look evem more pathetic. Poor lambs couldn't resist wrecking every piece of property they come accross.

Do people ever think these dafct theories through to the logical conclusion?