House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

New £3M Port Talbot Court Can't Hear Major Cases

I know of a swimming pool in Ipswich built without toilets and a NHS hospital built in London without a foot department. Seems surprisingly common for big builds to get to all the way to the end before major omissions are noticed.

Ah. "Follies" are alive and well today.

They have no purpose other than as an ornament. Often they have some of the appearance of a building constructed for a particular purpose, but this appearance is a sham.

Ah. "Follies" are alive and well today.

They have no purpose other than as an ornament. Often they have some of the appearance of a building constructed for a particular purpose, but this appearance is a sham.

Reminds me of the book "Dogs and Demons". A concept which emerged in Japan during their boom years seems to have emerged over here during ours.

I know of a swimming pool in Ipswich built without toilets and a NHS hospital built in London without a foot department. Seems surprisingly common for big builds to get to all the way to the end before major omissions are noticed.

:D

There was a multistory near me that had tennis courts on the top storey because they'd forgotten to allow for the weight of cars when they designed/built it.