House Price Crash Forum
Tired of Waiting

Land Registry's Latest Statistical Release

Land Registry's latest statistical release: http://www.landreg.gov.uk/assets/library/documents/HPI_Report_Oct_rewlof63.pdf

Includes regional HP and some charts.

Dead cat bouncing very nicely indeed here:

lrnov2010volumes.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: These charts' trajectories above reminded me of something...

What was it???

Ah!

:D

wileecoyote.jpg

Edited by Tired of Waiting

Thanks Tired of Waiting for the direct link to the document. Very useful regional data there.

Sorry if this is a stupid/silly request, but I've always found the Land Registry site hard to navigate/use.

Is there a page where one can navigate to, to see the month by month reports?

Cheers,

C2B

according to that set of stats most places are still up on the year, and it seems to be down south where most of this site's posters here are waiting to buy that are going up the most - surrey, sussex, brighton, london all 6-10% up.... I'm not hoping for a house price apocalypse like some of you, but I was hoping house prices would stagnate or at least get duffed up by inflation for a while, this is silly.

PS can anyone explain why blaenau gwent is down 13% and right next door merthyr tydfil is up 10%? Weird.

Thanks Tired of Waiting for the direct link to the document. Very useful regional data there.

Sorry if this is a stupid/silly request, but I've always found the Land Registry site hard to navigate/use.

Is there a page where one can navigate to, to see the month by month reports?

Cheers,

C2B

I don't know. They should have it, but may not.

I've found this though, some previous annual reports: http://www1.landregistry.gov.uk/nav_map/aza/

You can try to do a Google site limited search inside the LR site, perhaps. I can't do it now. Bit busy here now.

according to that set of stats most places are still up on the year, and it seems to be down south where most of this site's posters here are waiting to buy that are going up the most - surrey, sussex, brighton, london all 6-10% up.... I'm not hoping for a house price apocalypse like some of you, but I was hoping house prices would stagnate or at least get duffed up by inflation for a while, this is silly.

PS can anyone explain why blaenau gwent is down 13% and right next door merthyr tydfil is up 10%? Weird.

First para - your logic / motivation doesn't seem quite right there. What is it you are looking for with HP's?

second para - because they only sold two houses, ne in each area?

according to that set of stats most places are still up on the year, and it seems to be down south where most of this site's posters here are waiting to buy that are going up the most - surrey, sussex, brighton, london all 6-10% up....

Yes, but look at the shape of it, on that first chart in my 1st post. In the memorable words of president Bush: “This sucker's going down.” :D

I'm not hoping for a house price apocalypse like some of you, but I was hoping house prices would stagnate or at least get duffed up by inflation for a while, this is silly.

(...)

I think in the next few years nominal HP will go down by 10-15%, and real prices (adjusted by inflation) will go down by 20-30%.

First para - your logic / motivation doesn't seem quite right there. What is it you are looking for with HP's?

I'm an undercover BTL agent, send to ramp property prices with posts such as "hmm? it's not happening yet is it?", "that's higher than I expected", and "BUY NOW SUCKERS OR FOREVER LIVE IN SQUALOR!"

though actually I'm on the housing ladder so don't want it to collapse under me, but I'd still like to get a rung or two up yet. Nice quiet bit of stagnation for a few years, or basically next 30 years, would do me.

I also keep reading about people in London/SE saying thay can't get on the ladder despite they and their partner earning 60K each, and if those areas are seeing prices still ramping up by 7% a year well it's less surprising.... MAFLATSE dudes (but i can't do my job anywhere else etc etc)

Edited by noodle doodle

I'm an undercover BTL agent, send to ramp property prices with posts such as "hmm? it's not happening yet is it?", "that's higher than I expected", and "BUY NOW SUCKERS OR FOREVER LIVE IN SQUALOR!"

though actually I'm on the housing ladder so don't want it to collapse under me, but I'd still like to get a rung or two up yet. Nice quiet bit of stagnation for a few years, or basically next 30 years, would do me.

I also keep reading about people in London/SE saying thay can't get on the ladder despite they and their partner earning 60K each, and if those areas are seeing prices still ramping up by 7% a year well it's less surprising.... MAFLATSE dudes (but i can't do my job anywhere else etc etc)

The chart I find most interesting is this one.

FTB (typically those under £200k) are sh1t out of luck whereas those who already have 50% equity by virtue of the HPI have been able to buy without problem. It also suggests those higher priced houses are skewing the average house price figures.

houses.gif

(...)

Does anybody know if LR data is weighted by property type/size/price range?

Because the sale volumes for cheap properties fell off a cliff, whilst expensive properties went up by a lot.

Nice to see the SE taking a lead in the top three down at -1.2% for the month.

Crimbo is shaping up to be quite Merry.

I hope so. I've seen a few small reductions around here as well, in the Arundel - Chichester "corridor", but too few and too small. It is still almost at peak levels. Exiges table above may explain that.

Posted by: Sibley on November 26, 2010 11:14 PM

No big deal. People are just waiting until the market picks up before they sell. If you have a property with a small mortgage you certainly won't be thinking of selling it cheap. Buyers are dreaming if they think anyone will cut prices. Sellers will just wait. Prices will rise again. Everybody knows that.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/House-Prices-In-England-And-Wales-Fall-At-Fastest-Pace-Since-February-2009-At-Rate-Of-08-Percent/Article/201011415834426?lpos=Business_Second_UK_News_Article_Teaser_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15834426_House_Prices_In_England_And_Wales_Fall_At_Fastest_Pace_Since_February_2009_At_Rate_Of_0.8_Percent

gotta luv him really

No big deal. People are just waiting until the market picks up before they sell. If you have a property with a small mortgage you certainly won't be thinking of selling it cheap. Buyers are dreaming if they think anyone will cut prices. Sellers will just wait. Prices will rise again. Everybody knows that.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/House-Prices-In-England-And-Wales-Fall-At-Fastest-Pace-Since-February-2009-At-Rate-Of-08-Percent/Article/201011415834426?lpos=Business_Second_UK_News_Article_Teaser_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15834426_House_Prices_In_England_And_Wales_Fall_At_Fastest_Pace_Since_February_2009_At_Rate_Of_0.8_Percent

gotta luv him really

Yes, Sibley is good for a laugh. I'm sorry he got banned from hpc.

gotta luv him really

:lol:

Pity we can't post images there. :D

wileecoyote.jpg