House Price Crash Forum
ReJoyce

Land Reg -0.8 Mom, 3.4 Yoy

Yep, a good figure, prices can only fall further as we go into the Winter, have VAT and fuel duty rises, public sector redundancies etc....

Good news

I want to find out how much a house down our street went for

a couple of months ago but don't want to pay £4

Where can I get for free? Not on the rightmove function yet

cheers

The chart I find most interesting is this one.

FTB (typically those under £200k) are sh1t out of luck whereas those who already have 50% equity by virtue of the HPI have been able to buy without problem. It also suggests those higher priced houses are skewing the average house price figures.

houses.gif

Edited by exiges

FTB (typically those under £200k) are sh1t out of luck whereas those who already have 50% equity by virtue of the HPI have been able to buy without problem.

houses.gif

That is a very weird and distinct shift in the sales.

What about when those higher end sales dry up?

It's not looking good at all for HPI, or even HPstagnation.

Yep thats the table that I was talking about. Very encouraging. If the market is a person, his legs have just been lopped off with a cleaver.

The best thing is, falling prices are contagious. Me and my aspirational FTB comrades shall sit on our hands in even greater numbers as the fall becomes self-fullfilling. Even the thick ones will take the hint eventually!

FTB (typically those under £200k) are sh1t out of luck whereas those who already have 50% equity by virtue of the HPI have been able to buy without problem. It also suggests those higher priced houses are skewing the average house price figures.

Yes I too noticed that and found it interesting.

They have even written by the side that In England and Wales, the number of properties sold for over £1 million increased by 44% , from 509 to 731.

Maybe these figures illustrate Free Traders interesting thoughts of how well the elite rich have done from all the QE'ing? See his post here http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=155125&st=0

houses.gif

The phrase 'disappearing up one's own bumhole' springs to mind... The final shuddering breaths of the UK property Ponzi.

That is a very weird and distinct shift in the sales.

What about when those higher end sales dry up?

It's not looking good at all for HPI, or even HPstagnation.

Yes - the market can sort of function without FTBs for a while...as we're seeing.

But it can't be supported from the top down - it ultimately needs a foundation (FTBs).