House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wahoo

Not Boootifull - Very, Very Bad News Indeed.

The King of 'Christmas Turkeys' has gone. Just when we thought inflation was getting under-control.

I'm not one to panic, but I'm getting my bird now, before everyone wants one.

Boootifull

What a selfish man to do this, just before christmas :blink:

He is due to be cremated next Wednesday at 3pm, Gas Mark 6 for 3 hours

It will be a funeral with all the trimmings that's for certain.

How can you lot joke at such a time when it must feel like the sky is falling to his family and friends?

You're right, in fact I'm going to go to his funeral to pay my respects. It should be good, I hear The Cranberries are playing!

Bernard Matthews started his empire in Norfolk from scratch, in the early days of trading he could count the number of turkeys he had on one hand.

Six.

He is due to be cremated next Wednesday at 3pm, Gas Mark 6 for 3 hours

Well, if his last wish is carried out, the next few batches of Turkey Twizzlers will taste a bit different.

Bernard Matthews started his empire in Norfolk from scratch, in the early days of trading he could count the number of turkeys he had on one hand.

Six.

:lol::lol::lol:

In fairness to Mr Matthews he was from a small crop of entrepreneur that the UK urgently needs to get us out of the guano that we're in.

Yea but but when he started it was easier to get a leg up. Nowadays some bigger firm would have gobbled him up early on.

In fairness to Mr Matthews he was from a small crop of entrepreneur that the UK urgently needs to get us out of the guano that we're in.

Agreed we need more like him. No fancy tech bubbles or securitisation of sound industries.

Seriously folks, being in the US for Turkey Day I missed the news on this. I just followed this thread and my American missus caught me almost on the floor laughing that much. We really are sick bast@rds us Brits. She read every one and didn't raise a titter. Gotta get back to Blighty soon, I really have. The Yanks have no sense of humour (or is it humor, I forget?)