House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
General Congreve

Bank Ramping?

I expect most people would just think "I wouldn't leave my life's savings on the car roof, i wouldn't even let it out of my hand for any reason" In fact just as long as you trust yourself to not leave your life savings on the roof of your car more than you trust banks not to lend your money to people who can't pay it back i would still think most people will opt for cash and carry.

I expect most people would just think "I wouldn't leave my life's savings on the car roof, i wouldn't even let it out of my hand for any reason" In fact just as long as you trust yourself to not leave your life savings on the roof of your car more than you trust banks not to lend your money to people who can't pay it back i would still think most people will opt for cash and carry.

Which shows what crap Experian and the other credit scorers really are - just another scam.

I wunder how many Hundreds of Millions they have banned from having a credit card now in the USA - which banks previously ensured you can't really function without in everyday transactions - makes credit scoring in Usa null and void if they want to lend anyfink to vast majority of population.

Edited by erranta

Guest eight

The thing is, if the Police themselves had found it they probably wouldn't have let him have it back anyway as he wouldn't reasonably be able to prove the source. It would be assumed to be the proceeds of crime or laundering.

eight

I think reading this site has made me paranoid. After looking at that article I'm now suspicious of it, conveniently timed as a way to scare people from taking money out of banks :huh:.

Regardless though, poor sod.

He told police he had accidentally left the money on the top of his car before driving off on the morning of Thursday, November 18 at 6.20am," said a spokeswoman. "He later realised what he had done.

I think a more apt headline would have been..

OAP Loses His Marbles After Leaving Them On Car Roof

Edited by libspero

or is it GOLD RAMPING?

Are you aware that there has been a quiet exodus of funds from Irish banks over the last few weeks? Billions have been withdrawn by Irish customers. This is in no small part, part of the reason why the Irish needed bailing out.

Are you also aware of the French campaign, publicly backed by Eric Cantona, to persuade the French and other Europeans to withdraw money collectively on the 7th December. Obviously if you're smart you'll pull it out a few days before ;)

Are you also aware of the trend in the UK of people drawing down savings in order to live, thereby causing a continued fall in bank reserves? I for one am one of these people, although most of my withdrawals have been redeposited, shall we say, somewhere altogether more secure.

Just as Shroud points out, as soon as I saw this article my first thought was planted article to restore faith in banks in an attempt to stem the tide of withdrawals. Then again perhaps I am just paranoid. Time will tell.

Edited by General Congreve