House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

Two Jobs & Tax

For at least the next month or so, I'll be doing two jobs - does anyone know how the tax situation works? I don't want to be clobbered by paying too much tax...

For at least the next month or so, I'll be doing two jobs - does anyone know how the tax situation works? I don't want to be clobbered by paying too much tax...

Get the second job with a BR tax code. Thus they will gouge you of basic rate tax i.e. 20%, Or you can split your personal allowance between the two jobs, makes no bones either way though.

Heh. I got a coding saying anything my own company pays me gets taxed at higher rate, from the very first pound. So I have to reclaim it through my tax return in May.

Bah.

You will be needing a second identity, and a bent accountant in the Cayman Islands! :blink:

You will be needing a second identity, and a bent accountant in the Cayman Islands! :blink:

I've already got one of those...oh....bugger...