House Price Crash Forum

You're way behind the curve ;).

IMO it's cheaper anyway to stock up on supermarket offers when available (and not feel guilty about clearing the shelf) than to buy from say Makro.

Not as fast as you need to wait for the offer you need but I've only just run out of Ragu sauce bought at 50p a jar in April 2009 from Morrisons :).

IMO it's cheaper anyway to stock up on supermarket offers when available (and not feel guilty about clearing the shelf) than to buy from say Makro.

Not as fast as you need to wait for the offer you need but I've only just run out of Ragu sauce bought at 50p a jar in April 2009 from Morrisons :).

I am supplementing my existing stocks. And its not Makro. :)

Trouble is, most of the vitamin content in that ragu was gone by the end of 2009. Not that most Westerners have a problem getting enough vitamins, just saying I wouldn't rely on food stored that long for nutrition.

Trouble is, most of the vitamin content in that ragu was gone by the end of 2009. Not that most Westerners have a problem getting enough vitamins, just saying I wouldn't rely on food stored that long for nutrition.

Plus the toilet paper tastes better.

I doubt it had much less after a year of storage as it probably had bgger all to start with :). That's what fresh stuff out of the garden is for.

£6 ??? Thats expensive. Try LIDL, x12 rolls for £1.29 . Almost good enough to eat at that price

Thats for 40 rolls, but you are right, LIDL is cheaper. The beans weren't too cheap either but they are decent quality...Beans + Corned beef = lovely teotwawki meal

Long term storage of food containing tomato (particularly in glass containers) can be problematic.

However ... http://www.foodreference.com/html/cans-extreme.html ;)

Long term storage of food containing tomato (particularly in glass containers) can be problematic.

What's the issue / problem?

Excessively acidic foods can, over a long period, attack the container or the other ingredients; if the food-stuff is in a glass container it can also be broken down if exposed to light.

However the link I posted mentioned 100 year old plum tomatoes still being good :unsure: , but then again they were tinned, underwater and therefore at a constant, chilled temperature for a very long time