House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fellow

Girl, 15, Arrested For 'burning Koran At School And Posting Footage On Facebook'

Just logic though isnt it?

If you burnt the bible, the jewish one (whatever it is) the bhuddist, hindu or sikh ones (whatever they are called) those respective groups might be a little upset, but they wont start full scale riots across the country. Thousands of young muslim men, on the other hand, would.

Its not right, but it is necessary to arrest people, even children in the interest of public order. I dont like it, but i dont like the alternative either.

Just logic though isnt it?

If you burnt the bible, the jewish one (whatever it is) the bhuddist, hindu or sikh ones (whatever they are called) those respective groups might be a little upset, but they wont start full scale riots across the country. Thousands of young muslim men, on the other hand, would.

Its not right, but it is necessary to arrest people, even children in the interest of public order. I dont like it, but i dont like the alternative either.

what was the offence.

Was the Arrest necessary? Arrest needs to be justified...why not report her for process? Heavy handed cops leads to lack of respect by the public.

what was the offence.

Was the Arrest necessary? Arrest needs to be justified...why not report her for process? Heavy handed cops leads to lack of respect by the public.

When respect is -100 out of 100 then they really can't lose any more respect can they? Seems like the plot of clockwork orange has occured. i.e. Police = thugs in uniform.

When respect is -100 out of 100 then they really can't lose any more respect can they? Seems like the plot of clockwork orange has occured. i.e. Police = thugs in uniform.

Indeed, this was for a "crime" committed 14 days earlier.

thent here is the Muslim boy sending actual threats over the interweb....the arrested him too.

Your rights on arrest

When can the police arrest you

Police can arrest you if they have a valid arrest warrant. There are also some situations where they can arrest you without a warrant. These are where:

• you are in the act of committing certain offences
  • they have reasonable grounds for suspecting you are committing certain offences
  • they have reasonable grounds for suspecting you have committed certain offences
  • you are about to commit certain offences
  • they have reasonable grounds for suspecting you are about to commit certain offences.

The police can also arrest you if they have reasonable grounds for suspecting you have committed or attempted to commit any offence, or if you are committing or attempting to commit any offence, but it is impractical or inappropriate to serve a summons. However, they can only do this if one of the following conditions applies:

• they do not know, and cannot get, your name
  • they think you have given a false name
  • you have not given a satisfactory address. This means an address where the police can contact you
  • they think you have given a false address
  • the arrest is necessary to prevent you causing physical injury to yourself or others, suffering physical injury, causing loss or damage to property, committing an offence against public decency, or causing an unlawful obstruction of the highway
  • they have reasonable grounds for believing that arrest is necessary to protect a child or other vulnerable person.

If they are arresting you because you have failed to give them a satisfactory address, they must first explain that you may be arrested and give you the opportunity to give them the address.

As for the Girl, they have all the evidence they need, they dont suspect, they can charge right away. The arrest was unnecessary.

So, if I purchase a Koran and a copy of a Harry Potter Book burn both and post these videos on Youtube, can anyone tell me what the apparent offence is please I will be arrested for?

According to Sadman, it would be justified because apparently a small group of extremists are holding the country to ransom with the threat of violence.

Apparently we DO negotiate with terrorists, but only if they blackmail us.

The charge is supposed to be for inciting religious hatred. Unless anyone knows what religion this girl is I don't see what hatred could be levelled against it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1332877/Girl-arrested-Facebook-footage-Koran-burning-school.html

WTF? Arrested for setting fire to pieces of paper? Would this have happened if it was the Bible?

No, because while a handful of Christmas somewhere might moan and wail a bit they won´t threaten to commit random acts of mass murder as revenge. It´s a public safety issue. As much as I support her right to free speech I don´t actually want to get blown to buts by some religious lunatic from the twelfth century.

I have a Koran burning pot belly stove! It also works with Bibles, and Argos catalogs! :huh:

If I bought a Koran and burnt it in a matter of fact way, along with other books I'd bought, again, in a matter of fact way, can I really be charged and found guilty of burning stuff I own because someone might get upset?

I don't see it as anything new. A couple hundred years ago you would have been punished for doing the same thing with a Bible.

At some point common sense took hold and Christians were told, very nicely, to stop being so over sensitive because at the end of the day it's just a book.

Apparently we've just regressed a couple hundred years. That's all.

I hope when this girl goes to trial someone remembers to take a ducking stool :rolleyes:

According to Sadman, it would be justified because apparently a small group of extremists are holding the country to ransom with the threat of violence.

Apparently we DO negotiate with terrorists, but only if they blackmail us.

The charge is supposed to be for inciting religious hatred. Unless anyone knows what religion this girl is I don't see what hatred could be levelled against it.

Is it an offence to BE hateful of a religion, or just to incite others to hate the religion?

if the latter, all she has to plead is that she really DOES hate Islam and all it stands for, and demonstrated such by burning the hated words.

I can confirm that the police are overzealous with issues such as this. I am awaiting a court appearance for falling foul of a religious crime. Obviously I cannot go into the case till later. My court case is next Wednesday, and Ive been advised that I might be sent to trial at crown court. Nice country will live in eh. :ph34r:

Is it an offence to BE hateful of a religion, or just to incite others to hate the religion?

if the latter, all she has to plead is that she really DOES hate Islam and all it stands for, and demonstrated such by burning the hated words.

Apparently this video is fine. It's been up for 3 years and has over 100,000 hits.

How is this considered not hateful, yet burning a book requires a 15 year old girl to be arrested and her video removed. Surely the laws of our land should apply to all people of all groups, backgrounds and opinions equally.

Honestly, it's not asking much.

Islam, Muhammad: Based on the teachings and life of Muhammad (570-632 AD) in Mecca and Medina, Saudi Arabia (then Persia). Islam is the second largest world religion, and has recently become the third largest religious body in America with over 6 million adherents. Muslim-based sects such as the Nation of Islam (which appeals especially to African-Americans) and Bahá’í (which proclaims the unity of the human race) have special appeal to many Americans. Islam is composed of two major divisions — the mainstream Sunni (the largest) and the more radical Shi’ites. The mystical tradition of Sufism includes many Sunnis and some Shi’ites. The Arabic word Islam means “submission to the will of God” and a person who submits is called a Muslim. The Qur’an (or, Koran), the Torah, the Psalms of the Old Testament, and the Gospel of the New Testament are regarded as holy books. However, only the Qur’an is considered uncorrupted. Islam rejects the Trinity doctrine, the deity of Christ and His Sonship, claiming that Jesus was only a great prophet. Muhammad is considered to be the greatest prophet, whose coming was allegedly predicted by Christ. Islam adheres fiercely to monotheism. In addition to good works, salvation is sought though observance of the Five Pillars: reciting “there is no God but Allah and Muhammad is His Messenger,” praying five times per day, fasting, giving alms (donations to the poor), and a pilgrimage to Mecca. Historically, Islam experienced tremendous growth often by forced proselytism — unbelievers (infidels) were offered conversion or death. While many Muslims exhibit tolerance towards other faiths, even today Islamic fundamentalism promotes jihad (holy war), against those of other religious and political views.

Its all love and tolerance in the Islamic World.

I don't see it as anything new. A couple hundred years ago you would have been punished for doing the same thing with a Bible.

At some point common sense took hold and Christians were told, very nicely, to stop being so over sensitive because at the end of the day it's just a book.

Apparently we've just regressed a couple hundred years. That's all.

I hope when this girl goes to trial someone remembers to take a ducking stool :rolleyes:

Regression. Exactly. We started to be able to say whatever we liked about christianity, do what we want, have a secular state, now we have some laws that say we can't take the p*ss out of religion. I don't like it. If you want to call any religion or religious text a load of old tosh and set fire to it, you bloody well should. Are religious types forbidden from burning copies of On the Origin of Species?

And yet the Rememberance Day poppy burning protesters were given police protection!

Edit: and the thread I started on that topic seems to have mysteriously disappeared. :angry:

And yet the Rememberance Day poppy burning protesters were given police protection!

Edit: and the thread I started on that topic seems to have mysteriously disappeared. :angry:

remembrance day doesnt represent a religion.

If anything, it represents the Queens Forces, and as such, burning the poppies would be an Act of Treason against The Crown, and at the very least, a hateful insult to our Country.

I don't have an issue as long as everyone is treated equally.

The irony is that the perceived (or actual) injustice of the system is more likely to incite religious hatred than the act the girl committed.

remembrance day doesnt represent a religion.

If anything, it represents the Queens Forces, and as such, burning the poppies would be an Act of Treason against The Crown, and at the very least, a hateful insult to our Country.

So why were they not arrested?

Or racial hatred, if you will.

This is my first visit here in quite some time - I've been spending too long in the other place.....

But - and this is a serious and truthful confession......

and - I'm not sure if it says more about me, my eyesight or my perception of this place......

I honestly thought the subject of this thread was

"Girl, 15, arrested for Bumming Korean at school and posting footage on facebook"

I was actually ready to inquire as to whether it was a North or South Korean so I could gauge my level of richeous indignation.

Or racial hatred, if you will.

what? its against the UK...we are not a race, we are a Diversity.