House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
exiges

Christmas Slowdown

Usually my regular Rightmove search yields the same number of houses added give or take 10%, but this week it's down about 30% (and much of those are just price adjustments)

Anyone else seeing the same in their region ?

Very little new stuff, and it's usually vacant. So yeah, it's slowed.

Still seeing SSTC going in on those i'm following though.

Volume does seem to be declining, and may need a rise in interest rates to kick start it.

Overheard a couple of EAs queuing in my local supermarket (N2 London) - they were suggesting that business is effectively over for the year and has been for several weeks. They both agreed that there had been more business throughout November last year but this year had been dead.

I can confirm that very little is selling around here with little quality stock (that isn't absurdly priced).

I suspect that many 'unforced' vendors have withdrawn from market, presumably in anticipation of attaining their absurd asking prices during Spring Bounce 2011©™ <_<

People are coming off the Market to wait for the 'spring bounce' it's much it easier to come and go as you please without hips. I expect new listings will continue to decline before increasing in Feb time.

Overheard a couple of EAs queuing in my local supermarket (N2 London) - they were suggesting that business is effectively over for the year and has been for several weeks. They both agreed that there had been more business throughout November last year but this year had been dead.

I can confirm that very little is selling around here with little quality stock (that isn't absurdly priced).

I suspect that many 'unforced' vendors have withdrawn from market, presumably in anticipation of attaining their absurd asking prices during Spring Bounce 2011©™ <_<

Know East Finchley well....the owners of many of the houses, good quality build have been in families for many years I would say many are fully paid for over the years.....very few will be forced to sell...that is the problem....more and more tacky build estates...no more room for quality housing built on real roads with shops and a tube at the end. ;)

Fatface don't officially have a sale on but if you go into one of their shops and pick up their winter catalogue in the back of it, so a post on hotukdeals says, there is a 15% off voucher in the back.

Walking past an EA in windsor today I saw 'SALE' signs in the window :lol: Apparently they have a Christmas sale going on in houses.

So a little desperation seems to be creeping in I think. Certainly I've never seen an EA doing this kind of promotion before.

Bad dose of market constipation where I am.

Low sales

Very low number of new houses.

No price reductions.

Needs a good dose of prunes to get something going one way or another.

More effective than prunes - a hatchet to estate agent jobs.