House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

Another Middle Class Debt Confessional

This was linked on the main forum, but it deserves its own slot. This woman is so typical of so many people today. Under the guise of 'my kids come first' she unwittingly reveals so much more.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1332846/Take-girls-private-school-Id-starve.html

Pity those girls when the Wail article gets pinned to the noticeboard at the private school !

It's a girl thing: Shona has sold jewellery and can't afford petrol for her car, but she still insists on sending her two daughters to private school, whilst younger brother Monty has to make do with the local state school

Misguided. And I dare say good old "Monty" will harbour some issues thanks to this :ph34r:

Especially being sent to a state school with a name like that :lol:

If you read a newspaper, expect to be lied to.

If you read the Daily Mail, expect to have your intelligence insulted as well:

same old guff....

more guff...

Even used the same pictures.

Thank you for reminding me why I don't buy newspapers anymore.

I stopped buying the Times because of articles like that. Don't buy these papers people, don't encourage these scum, don't give these f***ers a penny of your hard-earned.

If you read a newspaper, expect to be lied to.

If you read the Daily Mail, expect to have your intelligence insulted as well:

same old guff....

more guff...

Even used the same pictures.

Blame the journo herself as well. She's plainly selling puerile articles to scrape a living. I've met her type before. She's been through 12 au pairs and they were all terrible? Errr... I'd suggest it's her stuck up attitude that's at fault. She's even stooped to writing an article saying if not for the kids, she wouldn't be with her husband. Jesus christ. :rolleyes:

Blame the journo herself as well. She's plainly selling puerile articles to scrape a living. I've met her type before. She's been through 12 au pairs and they were all terrible? Errr... I'd suggest it's her stuck up attitude that's at fault. She's even stooped to writing an article saying if not for the kids, she wouldn't be with her husband. Jesus christ. :rolleyes:

How does she 'presume to know' what a perfect marriage is? :unsure:

Is it something gangs of these 'types' of wimmin dream/make up to discuss at their twice weekly spa-spoilers? :rolleyes:

It has, however, caused a strain on other areas of our life. I went to ­private school, but Keith didn’t.

The kernel of the issue right there.

Clearly her parents wasted their money too. :lol:

If you must lead a precarious hollow sham of a life, pretending to be well off and sticking with your husband for the sake of the children, it's perhaps best not to tell everyone this in a national newspaper... :lol:

I now no longer buy newspapers, I rarely watch the TV apart from selective programs, I am not interested in any kind of celebrity gossip or talent shows.....and no I am not a sad person, in fact I am far happier since I gave the lot up. ;)

Link to article from 2006 - in this one, because they can't afford the school fees, the older ones gets sent to state school - for all of 6 weeks... then she decides to work from home so they can get rid of the au pair, save £700/month this way - which is the cost of one child's school fees...

So obviously things have been pretty desperate for well over 4 years. Dumb bint.

Link to article from 2006 - in this one, because they can't afford the school fees, the older ones gets sent to state school - for all of 6 weeks... then she decides to work from home so they can get rid of the au pair, save £700/month this way - which is the cost of one child's school fees...

So obviously things have been pretty desperate for well over 4 years. Dumb bint.

I hope the children benefit from their mothers sacrifices....somehow I doubt it. ;)

I doubt it too - just found this one from the Express from October this year, where basically she says her girls are complete cows to her, and her son is the light of her life... Maybe alongside how to open doors for people, their disdain for their mother is what they're learning from public school - you have to learn how to be a snooty b!tch from somewhere - while it may not be from their teachers, it could well be from their contemporaries - who know that they don't belong there - as they can't afford to be there....

Her daughters must be so proud of what their mummy tells the world about them.

Pity those girls when the Wail article gets pinned to the noticeboard at the private school !

That's the worst thing about what she's doing - using her kids as a vehicle for attention seeking. Not only is there the staffroom notice board to think about, but the fact that these web pages may well be up there for all to see (including the kids' potential partners and employers) for goodness knows how many years to come. If you choose to publish Facebook pages full of photos of yourself while totally and utterly wänkered (for example), then you also choose to take the consequences when someone Googles you. But publishing very personal details about your upbringing is not something your parents would do if they had any respect for you.

You may or may not like this, but I agree with her in principle that a private education is so much better than a state education, having visited several and been impressed with the teachers and what I've seen, you can't say that she doesn't have a point.

As for the debt issues, she does what she feels is right. I can't blame her for at least attempting to help out her girls, it may be folly in the long run, but that's her choice. As for her boy, she needs to help him out much more than she does.

I agree with what you say about education and doing the best she can for her girls. My 10p worth !!

Of course it is her choice but as you have pointed out her boy is being and probably feels neglected. I wonder what choice the kids got in her selling her soul nationally for a couple more quid.

Her lifestyle choice, if what we read is accurate is unsustainable and in my opinion she is setting a poor example to her children. They will have to be pulled from private school sooner rather than later and then have to face the upset of joining state school. Let`s not forget the ridicule the kids will suffer now that she has washed her charity bought clothes in public.

We all want the best for our children but manners start at home. My kids are polite and well mannered and it costs nothing. I can probably do what she has done but would not contemplate unless that included all of them. She is an idiot !!...

Ok, Shona we'll have a shot of you and the kids on the sofa. Just pop your arm round them and look into the camera. Look into the camera Shona.

Shona - the camera is here - look into the camera, not over my shoulder! HERE Shona. ....oh i give up"

*clicks*

article-0-0C35D7C4000005DC-552_468x286.jpg

Ok, Shona we'll have a shot of you and the kids on the sofa. Just pop your arm round them and look into the camera. Look into the camera Shona.

Shona - the camera is here - look into the camera, not over my shoulder! HERE Shona. ....oh i give up"

*clicks*

article-0-0C35D7C4000005DC-552_468x286.jpg

:lol::lol:

If you must lead a precarious hollow sham of a life, pretending to be well off and sticking with your husband for the sake of the children, it's perhaps best not to tell everyone this in a national newspaper... :lol:

Yes, what an odious woman, no better than a Jeremy Kyle chav.

Yes, what an odious woman, no better than a Jeremy Kyle chav.

Parading her poor kids like that makes me very angry, the vile whore should be burned as a witch!

*clicks*

Very good!

What's the point of private education for girls? The idea is that they get an introduction to privilege, but the privilege has moved up the ladder a long time ago.

They end up answering the phones, even the professionals. So many lawyers and accountants who earn the average wage for doing what anyone with intelligence and diligence can do without the privileged education.

Same for the boys, but at least they can earn a fortune playing for Chelsea.