House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darkman

Life In The Uk Visa Test.... Suspect Questions...

My wife took the Life in the UK test for her forthcoming visa requirement today, and reported back some of the questions in it. Among them are "who qualifies for free dental treatment" and a similar one about entitlement to welfare.

I do wonder what these questions are doing in this test. Surely it was set up to allow genuine entrants and weed out those who aren't interested in the UK, only the freebies it has to offer? The questions should be about UK history and modern culture, surely. Not thinly veiled instructions on how to claim every damn benefit available :huh:

This country never ceases to give me a vague feeling of disappointment.

My wife took the Life in the UK test for her forthcoming visa requirement today, and reported back some of the questions in it. Among them are "who qualifies for free dental treatment" and a similar one about entitlement to welfare.

I do wonder what these questions are doing in this test. Surely it was set up to allow genuine entrants and weed out those who aren't interested in the UK, only the freebies it has to offer? The questions should be about UK history and modern culture, surely. Not thinly veiled instructions on how to claim every damn benefit available :huh:

This country never ceases to give me a vague feeling of disappointment.

This set of instructions test was initiated by the last Labour government. I think that answers any question of yours.

Wonder how many people born and living in this country would pass the test?

I dont know the groups who qualify for free dental care :unsure:

I think anyone of reasonable intelligence from the UK would pass. Though some are a little tricky.

Other questions were:

How old do you have to be to buy alcohol?

What is the shadow cabinet?

What age groups normally take GCSEs?

Which country in the UK has the smallest population?

In which country(s) is Gaelic spoken?

I think anyone of reasonable intelligence from the UK would pass. Though some are a little tricky.

Other questions were:

How old do you have to be to buy alcohol?

What is the shadow cabinet?

What age groups normally take GCSEs?

Which country in the UK has the smallest population?

In which country(s) is Gaelic spoken?

I know intelligent non UK nationals who have worked here for 5+ years who wouldn't get all of them right.

Yes.. it struck me as an exercise in laziness.

To be honest the whole test is a bit of a pain. Just get your local college to write you a letter saying you've done a course which included it in the syllabus. Then you don't have to do it at all.