House Price Crash Forum
RomanWall

Nigel Farage

Articulate stuff. But I did count 9 (I think) self-conscious glances at the camera. He's there to get on YouTube and win "votes back home" more than to change opinions within the other MEPs, and that isn't really what he's paid for.

Articulate stuff. But I did count 9 (I think) self-conscious glances at the camera. He's there to get on YouTube and win "votes back home" more than to change opinions within the other MEPs, and that isn't really what he's paid for.

I think he was checking on his time?

Great speech, he is out on his own really.

As for the glances, he is checking the time - there is a time limit. A bit pointless if you don't finish your erm point. :huh:

Edited by tinker

As for the glances, he is checking the time - there is a time limit. A bit pointless if you don't finish your erm point. :huh:

3 minutes max for a speech (unless you're a favoured lefty luvvie in which case the chair can allow a short overrun.

Amazed the EU Parliament didn't edit his speech, that's what they do at East Herts Council if they don't like the speaker. True.

Shame he didn't beat Bercow.

My God, I'm not sure I agree with him but you've got to give him high marks for having the balls to get up there in the EU parliament and say that.

Wish I had the chance, and had the stones, to tell Barroso and Rompuy, in their lair, to their faces, that they are c**ts and tyrants.

Farage at least manages to imply the latter, and pretty much imply the former too. :lol:

At least he stands and states the mandate on which he was elected. I'd sooner trust his cast iron guarantee.

Definitely. I may not agree with him but the sight of him telling an entire room full of people they are completely wrong is brave and to be admired.

Definitely. I may not agree with him but the sight of him telling an entire room full of people they are completely wrong is brave and to be admired.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but 'white man speak with forked tongue'.

Well, don't they all. Politicians, doncha just love 'em.

Our Nigel was mixed up with some very dirty business on behalf of Berlusconi to discredit Romano Prodi. If you followed the Litvinenko affair back in 2006, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Oh, and having lived in Europe and written to a few Euro MPs, the UKIP mob are the last people you can expect a reply from. At least you get an acknowledgement from a regular waste-of-space MP, even if it's auto reply.

Actors . . . charlatans . . . out for themselves. Sigh. But we knew that already.

I do find myself warming to the guy every time I see him speak. In my mind, some of UKIP policies have a lot of common sense:

- Leave EU but remain friend and trading partner like switzerland or Norway and save an absolute fortune in the process, I think its something like £45m per day in contributions

- Focus on building trade with fast growing friends in commonwealth

- No income tax below £11.5k then flat rate of 31%

- Benefits paid only to UK citizens

- Take full control of UK waters (70% of Europe's fish), ignore EU quotas

- Scrap the human rights act, no votes for prisoners, ignore EU court of human rights

At least they are a bit different to the mainstream parties

I do find myself warming to the guy every time I see him speak. In my mind, some of UKIP policies have a lot of common sense:

- Leave EU but remain friend and trading partner like switzerland or Norway and save an absolute fortune in the process, I think its something like £45m per day in contributions

- Focus on building trade with fast growing friends in commonwealth

- No income tax below £11.5k then flat rate of 31%

- Benefits paid only to UK citizens

- Take full control of UK waters (70% of Europe's fish), ignore EU quotas

- Scrap the human rights act, no votes for prisoners, ignore EU court of human rights

At least they are a bit different to the mainstream parties

Yes, but I bet they haven't signed pledges in public to bring these policies into action or vote against policies they don't believe in, at least then you'd know they would follow through...I mean there's no way a politician would so publicly and flagrantly show the people that their votes are absolutely worthless as to abandon pledges and promises, they just wouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

Just get used to the idea that we are the great unwashed, there to provide these people and their masters (the bankers and CEOs) with a lifestyle that we only ever see on TV. Be grateful for the crumbs they throw you and accept that they are the self-styled aristocracy of our post-democratic, post-capitalist, totalitarian global corporate state. And if you get angry, look at this shiny thing over there...Kate and William, aren't they lovely.