House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

profitofdoom

Stinking Bishop

Once in a while a God-botherer hits the nail on the head. Why should I be subjected to five months of boring drivel? It's already going to cost me for a long weekend in Paris.

Bishop Pete Broadbent?

The wedding won't bother me too much TBH. Here's my 3 step plan for avoiding it.

1. Don't watch TV (I don't anyway)

2. Don't buy newspapers (I don't)

3. Work over the so-called Bank Holidays.

Once in a while a God-botherer hits the nail on the head. Why should I be subjected to five months of boring drivel? It's already going to cost me for a long weekend in Paris.

Well, he's entitled to his opinion, but I think the point is that since the Queen is his boss, it doesn't behove him to insult her family. CofE clergy are supposed to (or used to, perhaps it's been dropped now) pray daily for the welfare of the Royal Family. Perhaps he'd be better off in the Quakers?

Well, he's entitled to his opinion, but I think the point is that since the Queen is his boss, it doesn't behove him to insult her family. CofE clergy are supposed to (or used to, perhaps it's been dropped now) pray daily for the welfare of the Royal Family. Perhaps he'd be better off in the Quakers?

Wouldn't we all. Assuming that we have to belong to an organisation for worshipping something that doesn't exist?

The Emperor Speckled Moth is living evidence of God’s wonderful design and cries out in loud, clear living colour

Is that the time? The Middle Ages already. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't we all. Assuming that we have to belong to an organisation for worshipping something that doesn't exist?

The existence of God is perhaps a subject for another thread.

I think the point here is that if a clergyman is opposed to the royal family, he perhaps might be more comfortable in a church that does not have the sovereign as its temporal leader.

Bishop Pete Broadbent?

The wedding won't bother me too much TBH. Here's my 3 step plan for avoiding it.

1. Don't watch TV (I don't anyway)

2. Don't buy newspapers (I don't)

3. Work over the so-called Bank Holidays.

Or take the three days off in between Easter and the extended May Day Weekend and have a foreign holiday at little cost to your annual holiday allowance.