House Price Crash Forum

Reason to buy this property "suited seller." what is that all about? Mann have suddently started getting more properties near us in Farnham and lots of unusual first lines including "biggest sale ever" in 2 weekends time. Sounds incredibly desperate to me.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-28216603.html?utm_content=ealertspropertylink&utm_medium=email&utm_source=emailupdates&utm_campaign=emailupdates_sep09&utm_term=buying&sc_id=3481158

Reason to buy this property "suited seller." what is that all about? Mann have suddently started getting more properties near us in Farnham and lots of unusual first lines including "biggest sale ever" in 2 weekends time. Sounds incredibly desperate to me.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-28216603.html?utm_content=ealertspropertylink&utm_medium=email&utm_source=emailupdates&utm_campaign=emailupdates_sep09&utm_term=buying&sc_id=3481158

Nothing new in that one - they often used to say 'vendor suited' (i.e. vendor has bought another house/found one they want to buy) but EAs seem to think people are too thick to understand 'vendor' now. (Could well be right.)

In any case it means they're 'keen to sell' - another EA favourite.

Is that area actually classed as Farnham? Or is Upper/ Lower Hale actually separate (or part of Aldershot)?

Edited by the.ciscokid

Nothing new in that one - they often used to say 'vendor suited' (i.e. vendor has bought another house/found one they want to buy) but EAs seem to think people are too thick to understand 'vendor' now. (Could well be right.)

In any case it means they're 'keen to sell' - another EA favourite.

Include me in the too thick to understand, I was thinking suited as in "and booted". Sometimes I'm surprised I make it down the road.

Please say it's 'suite'd seller, and it actually means they will guarantee to take the hideous sofa out on completion.

Is that area actually classed as Farnham? Or is Upper/ Lower Hale actually separate (or part of Aldershot)?

Very much Farnham.... Only just at the top of Castle Street, so nowhere near being Aldershot at that stage...

(i.e. it's not another "EA rebranding places" job, as per another thread. This is real deal Farnham still)

Nice to hear from you again Bumblebeeandboy. What's your view on the Farnham market at the moment?

IMHO Strutting Plonker are as hubristic and obnoxious as ever, but many of the others seem to be starting to get what the future looks like. Don't get what's going on with all the newbuild flats though - can't wait to see Arsecadia and Millgate fall on their butts, with some of the current projects.... Fingers crossed!

B

Please say it's 'suite'd seller, and it actually means they will guarantee to take the hideous sofa out on completion.

:P

Not always a laughing matter, though. Last place I bought, I made it a written condition of completion that the place was cleared. It was full of the most hideous cr*ppy old furniture, with mountains of rubbish on top, and since I knew the vendor was b*ggering off overseas right after the sale I had a feeling he was planning on leaving most of it for me to get shot of.

Sure enough, had to delay completion by a couple of days until he'd done it. He was very aggrieved at having to pay someone to cart all his own old cr*p to the tip. :)

Very much Farnham.... Only just at the top of Castle Street, so nowhere near being Aldershot at that stage...

(i.e. it's not another "EA rebranding places" job, as per another thread. This is real deal Farnham still)

Nice to hear from you again Bumblebeeandboy. What's your view on the Farnham market at the moment?

IMHO Strutting Plonker are as hubristic and obnoxious as ever, but many of the others seem to be starting to get what the future looks like. Don't get what's going on with all the newbuild flats though - can't wait to see Arsecadia and Millgate fall on their butts, with some of the current projects.... Fingers crossed!

B

Hi Buzzardo,

I'm looking at North farnham only around William Cobbett School site. Prices beginning to fall in places but it's very hit and miss.

Where we're renting now the 1960's 3 bed detached are now selling at £250k but at the start of the year they were £300k. A few desperate sellers brought the prices down which was very kind of them. When we first looked at our current road to buy the big 4 bed detached started at £415k in 2008 and sold at £299k mid 2009.

Since then each house that has come on has tried to achieve the £300k price and ended up taken off or selling at £250k

We're looking more to move into "the avenues" in Lower Hale which are more 1930's age bracket, but these roads are still really bubbly in places again. Thankfully some new ones have come on at "sensible" prices for this point which makes the others look rediculously expensive. There is one 3 bed semi in the avenues for £340k which started at 350k. Now on with about 5 agents. It is all done up but the other 3 bed semis needing work are going on for £265k to £290k. We nearly bought one of these semis in 2008 for £295k.

It's all about time and letting it play out. We can't move until summer 2012 as we want to get the boys into the local schools and we're right on the doorstep now so will get them in. From 2012 we'll be in a position to always have sibling preference so it's taken the pressure off and no intentions to buy until then. Stops the Grandparents keep asking when we're going to buy "as prices only ever go up!"

"Born" seem to be getting most of the new houses coming on and pricing high. I haven't seen any from Mann in ages and thought they'd gone bust but all of a sudden they are back.