House Price Crash Forum
ralphmalph

This Is How You Treat Dodgy Property Developers

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23900162-london-businessman-begs-queen-to-help-save-him-from-seven-years-in-a-dubai-jail.do

If you can not pay the 43million quid that you said you would for the stupid Dubai Island shaped like Great Britain, then you go straight to jail pleading I am innocent because the cheques I wrote were never meant to be cashed they were just security, Ah that oldie but goodie, never worked in the past as well.

He got off lightly...

Keith Brown and his wife had been on their way from London to Ethiopia when they were stopped and searched at Dubai airport.

At first customs officers found nothing, but then a roll-up cigarette was spotted caught in the tread of his shoe.

The 43-year-old, from Middlesex, was charged with possession of 0.003g of cannabis and was sentenced to four years in prison.

Or how about...

Meanwhile, a Swiss national is serving a four-year jail term after three poppy seeds from a bread roll he ate at Heathrow airport were found on his clothes.

Reading about these things going on in places like Dubai , I think instead of laughing about it we should rejoyce that we do not live in sh-t hole places like Dubai.

I have become convinced that I was the only person in the past decade not going around to my local RBS and saying:

"Here old chap, lend me 50 million as I wish to become a property developer!".

i didn't either, thankfully our prudence and hard work has rewarded us with historically low interest rates on our savings.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23900162-london-businessman-begs-queen-to-help-save-him-from-seven-years-in-a-dubai-jail.do

If you can not pay the 43million quid that you said you would for the stupid Dubai Island shaped like Great Britain, then you go straight to jail pleading I am innocent because the cheques I wrote were never meant to be cashed they were just security, Ah that oldie but goodie, never worked in the past as well.

This is truly barbaric. :unsure: The queen might intervene; the big fat hairy queen, that is, from B-wing, shortly before he takes one up the pooper. :blink:

This is truly barbaric. :unsure: The queen might intervene; the big fat hairy queen, that is, from B-wing, shortly before he takes one up the pooper. :blink:

:lol:

Reading about these things going on in places like Dubai , I think instead of laughing about it we should rejoyce that we do not live in sh-t hole places like Dubai.

Absolutely.

So much better to live in some pseudo-liberal sh!thole like the UK, where the rules are supposed to be clear but are - in reality - applied utterly unjustly depending on who you are or who you know, or how some pinko-liberal judge feels on the day.

What the hell is so civilised about putting old people in prison for not paying their council extortion, or for refusing to pay Al Jabeeba's legalised blackmail? Or having council storm-troopers hiding round every corner, waiting to give you a £120 ticket for tiniest traffic / putting your wheely-bin out on the wrong day / not doing the right kind of recycling misdemeanour?

At least in your average Muslim country the rules are clear, and applied utterly consistently. From my application for a Saudi visa I know - every time - that "trafficking in narcotics is a capital offence..." so I do my absolute best not to carry a couple of kilos of smack every time I fly into Dammam, or drive across the causeway from Bahrain. 'Coz that would be ever so slightly stupid, and rightly the Saudi authorities wouldn't give a flying feck about my sense of entitlement to behave like a c*ck, any time I felt like it... They'd just cut my head off.

Quite a deterrent to anti-social behaviour, if you take the time out to really think about it.

To me, "trafficking narcotics" = a real crime. "Putting my bin out on the wrong day and not eating for the rest of the month" = uncivilised cr@p....

Not exactly feckin' rocket-science, is it? If you want to enjoy the benefits of the lifestyle, and the tax-free existence, then play by the freaking rules.... We could learn a lot from some of those Arab nations, rather than pussying around with all that Nu-Labia Human Rights sloblock that we've been saddled with over here...

That probably isn't my rant over for tonight, so no <>'s just yet :lol:

B

PS. You can park for free, anywhere in a recognised space in the UAE, and without any fear of coming back to a £120 ticket on your windscreen, just because you accidentally overstayed by three minutes, because maybe you met a friend and fancied another coffee, or stopped to help someone who was lost or just otherwise needed a helping hand. And we have the gall to call them "uncivilised...." :blink:

The Queen might intervene for him. After all she knighted Fred Goodwin. Look at the gaffs that the Queen owns - the bailouts are to protect the property values of those that own the most expensive properties as they have the most to lose. The Queen could well think any property developer inflating prices has increased her wealth and surely she will get a better interest rate on her savings then we get?

Sir Safi Qurashi....

Absolutely.

So much better to live in some pseudo-liberal sh!thole like the UK, where the rules are supposed to be clear but are - in reality - applied utterly unjustly depending on who you are or who you know, or how some pinko-liberal judge feels on the day.

What the hell is so civilised about putting old people in prison for not paying their council extortion, or for refusing to pay Al Jabeeba's legalised blackmail? Or having council storm-troopers hiding round every corner, waiting to give you a £120 ticket for tiniest traffic / putting your wheely-bin out on the wrong day / not doing the right kind of recycling misdemeanour?

At least in your average Muslim country the rules are clear, and applied utterly consistently. From my application for a Saudi visa I know - every time - that "trafficking in narcotics is a capital offence..." so I do my absolute best not to carry a couple of kilos of smack every time I fly into Dammam, or drive across the causeway from Bahrain. 'Coz that would be ever so slightly stupid, and rightly the Saudi authorities wouldn't give a flying feck about my sense of entitlement to behave like a c*ck, any time I felt like it... They'd just cut my head off.

Quite a deterrent to anti-social behaviour, if you take the time out to really think about it.

To me, "trafficking narcotics" = a real crime. "Putting my bin out on the wrong day and not eating for the rest of the month" = uncivilised cr@p....

Not exactly feckin' rocket-science, is it? If you want to enjoy the benefits of the lifestyle, and the tax-free existence, then play by the freaking rules.... We could learn a lot from some of those Arab nations, rather than pussying around with all that Nu-Labia Human Rights sloblock that we've been saddled with over here...

B

PS. You can park for free, anywhere in a recognised space in the UAE, and without any fear of coming back to a £120 ticket on your windscreen, just because you accidentally overstayed by three minutes, because maybe you met a friend and fancied another coffee, or stopped to help someone who was lost or just otherwise needed a helping hand. And we have the gall to call them "uncivilised...." :blink:

I completely agree. This place sounds like heaven. If only we had the same laws and approach to justice over here.

Absolutely.

B

Best you fui-k off out there and enjoy then.

Edited by miko

Best you fui-k off out there and enjoy then.

Why?

What precisely the f*ck has where I choose to live, got to do with you?!

I'm a British citizen who has every right to live here, along with an elderly parent and a wife and four kids who also have every right to live here - because I pay a shedload of tax for the very dubious "privilege" of residence. I happen to work out in the Middle East a lot though, because there are plenty of people over there who need what my company does.

So why, exactly, should I have to "fui-k off" anywhere, just to suit some xenophobic tw@t who has probably never been further than Tesco Vin Plus in Calais, but thinks he or she has a right to read the Daily Wail, and spout uninformed sh*t about other peoples' cultures?

I'm all ears, big boy.... Come out with some sort of rational argument, based on your real experience of the real issues; or put up, shut up, and get back to Strictly or X-Factor.... ;)

B

Why?

What precisely the f*ck has where I choose to live, got to do with you?!

I'm a British citizen who has every right to live here, along with an elderly parent and a wife and four kids who also have every right to live here - because I pay a shedload of tax for the very dubious "privilege" of residence. I happen to work out in the Middle East a lot though, because there are plenty of people over there who need what my company does.

So why, exactly, should I have to "fui-k off" anywhere, just to suit some xenophobic tw@t who has probably never been further than Tesco Vin Plus in Calais, but thinks he or she has a right to read the Daily Wail, and spout uninformed sh*t about other peoples' cultures?

I'm all ears, big boy.... Come out with some sort of rational argument, based on your real experience of the real issues; or put up, shut up, and get back to Strictly or X-Factor.... ;)

B

Calm down you stupid twit !!

Funny that you get so worked up when someone tells you fu-k off somewhere that you think is so much better than the u.k. , but you have not done it , as you know like I do and most other sane people do that we have far more freedom over here and tolerance ( something that you lack ) .

Don't watch X-factor or Strictly however many people do and that is their choice FU-K ALL to do with you just because you think you are above all that. Bet they would never have the choice if they were over there , as those programms would not be allowed would they.

Four kids wow any daughters ? second class citizens over there , maybe thats why you have not taken your brood over there !!!

TRANSLATION- I'm an immigrant.

Heathrow airport is thataway--------->

Don't be a kno8 Harry. I normally love your posts, but that one is complete b*llocks.

Unless someone born in the North West in the Sixties, who's lived and paid tax here their whole life, counts as an "immigrant." In which case we're all a bit fooked...

Take care.

B

TRANSLATION- I'm an immigrant.

Heathrow airport is thataway--------->

Correct,

They come here and then tell us how much better it is where they come from or other places that they have been , but get up themselves when told to f-ck off back there !!!

Correct,

They come here and then tell us how much better it is where they come from or other places that they have been , but get up themselves when told to f-ck off back there !!!

Please see my previous reply to Harry.

Interesting post BTW - "They" "Them" "Themselves" - the usual linguistic backstop of the uninformed bigot....

Anyway, when you've read my reply to Harry, please feel free to wind your neck in.

"Miko" - good AngloSaxon name that. Which boat (or lorry) did you arrive on then?

B

Don't be a kno8 Harry. I normally love your posts, but that one is complete b*llocks.

Unless someone born in the North West in the Sixties, who's lived and paid tax here their whole life, counts as an "immigrant." In which case we're all a bit fooked...

Take care.

B

OK, sorry if it was a bit acerbic, but mass immigration has never done anything other than damage prospects for indigenous people- jobs, accommodation, you name it- and policy now needs to be reversed. The opposite of inviting people here is....

OK, sorry if it was a bit acerbic, but mass immigration has never done anything other than damage prospects for indigenous people- jobs, accommodation, you name it- and policy now needs to be reversed. The opposite of inviting people here is....

No wuckin furries, my esteemed HPC colleague.

With you all the way on most points - I was just ever-so-slightly perplexed, at being harangued as an immigrant with a VI.

Mind you, Barrow-in-Furness is possibly far enough away to count as "out there" from an immigration POV :lol::lol:

So, now it's back to admiring Harry Monk's posts for me.

But I'm not so sure about Chiko though, who was way too keen to pick up on an unsubstantiated observation and present it as a "fact."

Take care and speak soon....

B

B)

Please see my previous reply to Harry.

Interesting post BTW - "They" "Them" "Themselves" - the usual linguistic backstop of the uninformed bigot....

Anyway, when you've read my reply to Harry, please feel free to wind your neck in.

"Miko" - good AngloSaxon name that. Which boat (or lorry) did you arrive on then?

B

Look don't give it out if you don't want to take it back.

Arrived on no boat , my grandad did though, and could not stand anyone who slagged this country but chose to live here instead of the place they came from.

Dubai , you slated me when i said they do not enjoy the freedoms that we have , and came out with your crap and abuse about reading the mail and watching certain programms ect.

You are a fool ,

Funny how anyone I have ever met who has come from those types of countries and has enjoyed the great freedoms that we have and has half a brain , always states they would never want to go back , mainly the women wonder why that is .

One ex muslim woman I know who was dissowned by her familiy for not marrying who they chose says she kisses the ground she puts her feet on every morning and says thank fu-k for England and its freedoms.

Still not answered me have you any daughters ?

One ex muslim woman I know who was dissowned by her familiy for not marrying who they chose says she kisses the ground she puts her feet on every morning and says thank fu-k for England and its freedoms.

Still not answered me have you any daughters ?

Aha - one data point. Bound to prove a trend then.

Yes I have a daughter. Love her to bits, and would die to protect her interests.

So what was your point on that one? I couldn't quite make it out among the polemical outburts, and really cr@p sentence construction?

You really don't create a very good argument, do you? I mean if I'm not even vaguely sure what you're asking, it's a bit difficult to provide a sensible answer.

B