House Price Crash Forum
SarahBell

Phil Neville Selling Up

You wouldn't catch me living there, got acrophobia...anyway it looks like a kitchen/furniture showroom. ;)

You should see Simpson's (architect) on the top floor.He's got a 27tree olive grove up there :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/manchester/hi/people_and_places/newsid_8083000/8083641.stm

Edited by Red Karma

Why don't you go onto Streetview and go for a virtual walk of the area?

I am talking about Phil's house up in BL7..... are you suggesting Bradshaw and Edgworth now have marauding gangs of heavily armed sheep ?

I am talking about Phil's house up in BL7..... are you suggesting Bradshaw and Edgworth now have marauding gangs of heavily armed sheep ?

It's Gary that lives there, sort of Harwood / Affetside, where he took a nice farmhouse and converted it into what now appears to be a Travelodge. I think he's thrown his toys out of the pram and is selling up too, having been finally told that he has to live by ordinary folks' Green Belt planning laws too, even though he's a 'Selebehteh'.

Phil did quite well out of the sale of his Crawshawbooth house a year or two ago. This one. Note the tasteful 'P' and 'J' motif on the gate, now removed.

I'm actually quite surprised we haven't seen any direct action (yet) aimed at people like her. I mean there must be a few very pi$$ed off creditors who will never get their money back and who see La Turner still living the high life.

For the record - I am not suggesting people should do this, I'm just surprised it doesn't seem to be happening.

They're lucky they didn't behave this way in Asia - lots of ways accidents can happen.

It's Gary that lives there, sort of Harwood / Affetside, where he took a nice farmhouse and converted it into what now appears to be a Travelodge. I think he's thrown his toys out of the pram and is selling up too, having been finally told that he has to live by ordinary folks' Green Belt planning laws too, even though he's a 'Selebehteh'.

Phil did quite well out of the sale of his Crawshawbooth house a year or two ago. This one. Note the tasteful 'P' and 'J' motif on the gate, now removed.

Apologies, it IS Tweedledum's place, not Tweedledee's..... - he had no end of earache about the conversion of that place..... to be fair to him though, it isn't an ubernaff job....... yes, it's got the accoutrements of rolling in money, but it's not got a large nude portrait of his wife, or a stand up jewel encrusted urinal and the like....

Id hope the insolvency service gets first dibs on whatever Anthea and Scumbags house sells for.

Not how it works, I'm afraid.

HE went bust - not her. The house is HERS - not his.

Say what you like about the Bovines, but they're not behind the door when it comes to knowing their way round the insolvency laws.

They've got away with it and are now untouchable.

Not how it works, I'm afraid.

HE went bust - not her. The house is HERS - not his.

Say what you like about the Bovines, but they're not behind the door when it comes to knowing their way round the insolvency laws.

They've got away with it and are now untouchable.

By the law maybe.

Guest The Relaxation Suite

I don't think i've ever seen so many shades of cream in one place before. Bland and souless. I would have preferred stupid excess to tasteful neutrals. Whats the point of earning over £100,000.00 a week if you spend it on boring soft furnishings. Looks like he's been to an upmarket Dunelm Mills.

Looks like the inside of a box of chocolates. I appreciate this is near the knuckle, but this house is exactly what I would expect from an uncultivated person trying to look upper-middle class. I expect the interior design cost more than most of our houses.

Guest The Relaxation Suite

What is interesting about this is that I have occasionally wondered what kind of places these people live in, and now I can more easily picture them reading FHM, listening to Mariah Carey albums and making endless fart jokes in their natural habitat.

and now I can more easily picture them reading FHM, listening to Mariah Carey albums

From a Manchester local paper last month, June 2011. I had just charged up my camera to get a copy of another story about the BBC's move to Salford, and this was on the following page.

From SB's link Phil Neville's apartment is on 44th-46th so it's probably the journalist making a famous name link. The chances of noisy neighbours are much higher in these high density apartments and why I want a house.

pnevsnip1.jpg

More http://menmedia.co.u...reo-confiscated

From a Manchester local paper last month, June 2011. I had just charged up my camera to get a copy of another story about the BBC's move to Salford, and this was on the following page.

From SB's link Phil Neville's apartment is on 44th-46th so it's probably the journalist making a famous name link. The chances of noisy neighbours are much higher in these high density apartments and why I want a house.

pnevsnip1.jpg

More http://menmedia.co.u...reo-confiscated

Apartments, or flats as they are known by normal people in Britain, are the lowest form of accommodation and traditionally is where poor people live. No one in their right mind would choose to live in a flat due to the proximity and problems with neighbours.

Apartments, or flats as they are known by normal people in Britain, are the lowest form of accommodation and traditionally is where poor people live. No one in their right mind would choose to live in a flat due to the proximity and problems with neighbours.

Speak for yourself, in England and Wales.

In Scotland, as in mainland Europe, people in cities have always lived in flats – purpose-built, well-designed flats, in which everybody has access to a shared garden. Despite being English myself, I don’t know why the English (and Welsh?) only ever built houses and not flats.

Nope. you are applying your own thoughts as "that must be right."

Take for instance the French, they want one level living, they love living in expensive flats and will almost always choose them over a house. Lots of Europeans do. Yes, some of the people in flats in the UK ruin it for everyone else, but if you lived in a 'good block', even in the UK, you'd find it was far more sociable than a house, that there are advantages to living on one level and that it's actually pretty decent living.

Take for instance the French, they want one level living, they love living in expensive flats and will almost always choose them over a house. Lots of Europeans do. Yes, some of the people in flats in the UK ruin it for everyone else, but if you lived in a 'good block', even in the UK, you'd find it was far more sociable than a house, that there are advantages to living on one level and that it's actually pretty decent living.

To some extent that is correct. The American city apartments are quite gorgeous (read:huge). They really are like those in Friends, some of them even larger. I'm not talking about film stars or (American) footballers, I'm talking about regular city Joes like you and me. The Americans wouldn't accept living in our shoebox flats.

Of course, like episodes of Friends, there will always be problems with neighbours / living so close together, but y'know there are also benefits, like stealing cable, huge keg parties, etc etc.

We just think it is normal to live in tiny shoebox flats with cardboard walls to separate us. The tiny shoe box bit isn't normal, but flats generally are.

p.s. I suppose there is also what the Japanese, HK or Sing urban dwellers think is "normal" to consider too...

Edited by Cash with Nowhere to Go

Does the queen live in a flat.

Poor people live in flats, rich people ( in Europe etc ) live in houses, especially in city's.

Yes, she is, two arms two legs, 2 eyes, farts like the rest of us.

If you weren't poor would you live in a house or a flat ? QED.

Forgive me if I sound Injin-like... can you please define poor?

Edit: The queen farts?? No wayy.....

Edited by Cash with Nowhere to Go

Does the queen live in a flat.

Poor people live in flats, rich people ( in Europe etc ) live in houses, especially in city's.

a flat in the Trump Tower (or a floor in it!)

a flat in the best arondissment in Paris

proper penthouse Docklands flats

yes, all of these are lived in purely because these people can't afford a house.

There are places and times when a flat is much better. If you are well off (worth say £1M to £5M) and you were single or had no kids, would you necessarily want a house and garden to look after when you could live closer to your job, live 20 storeys up, be a lot more secure etc. by being in a flat....

Again, I think you have preconceptions and you can't/won't open your mind to wider options.

Oh, and do you really think the Queen actually lives in all of Buck House - of course, not, she actually lives in a 'flat' in it.....

Most rich also have a house in 'the country'; Chianti, Provence, Bordeaux, Majorca, Italian lakes, Corfu etc.

Queen has Balmoral.

Flats drive most people to distraction. They're simply for short term convenience. Humans need to be outdoors or have a view of nothing but trees rather than concrete.

Flat = prison, no matter the size of the drawing room.