House Price Crash Forum

West Cornwall - Nothing New On The Market For A While

Charlie Don't Surf

Looks the same to me. What's the mistake?!

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to BBC Radio Cornwall I'm coming to the conclusion that the residents of Cornwall are the biggest bunch of moaners on the UK mainland. Moan, moan, moan - we're poor, poor, poor, moan, inbred, moan etc. I had enough of that on the Isle of Man ;)

Comments?

I'm now looking at... Spain, Costa Blanca.

If you have the choice of living elsewhere why the F*** would you even think about living in the UK?!

Listening to BBC Radio Cornwall I'm coming to the conclusion that the residents of Cornwall are the biggest bunch of moaners on the UK mainland. Moan, moan, moan - we're poor, poor, poor, moan, inbred, moan etc. I had enough of that on the Isle of Man ;)

Comments?

I'm now looking at... Spain, Costa Blanca.

I was wondering when you'd wake up from your dream of (presumably, sorry if wrong) childhood holidays.

I love Cornwall, but live there again? I don't think so.

The thing about Cornwall that's hard to beat is the walking, if you like that sort of thing.

That spider's web of paths and OS maps, and soft air that means you can walk 365 days a year, rain or shine.

However you have to like walking a lot, sophisticated it ain't.

Mind you, I wouldn't go to the Costa Blanca, don't know if that was irony...

Jaysus! Half that would be generous.

How about this one - http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-32473531.html - £750k for what appears to be a large conservatory with a small house attached to it.

http://www.rightmove...y-36301928.html

Oh F*** off! Best part of half a million £ for a hideous, dated, poorly maintained bungalow in a nowhere village with a council estate and no shops.

Seriously they would be lucky to get a viewing at half that price. [email protected]!

Miller country wide again....their valuations are prone to fantasy.....but at least they didn't take pictures of this prime real estate with a cheap camera in the rain.....rolleyes.gif

I have 24 properties in my saved list, 3 have been taken off by the EA's, the rest still on the market. Price range is 450 to 600k.

Also I'm seeing some realistic 'priced to sell' properties along with the fantasy 'we will sit it out' prices.

Sadly still lots of crap.

Thought you were transferring your search to the warmer Costas?

If you have 450-600k GBP to spend you can get a fantastic place out there for about 300k now and have plenty of money to spare for visiting Cornwall from April-June and Sept-Oct when it's at it's best. To be reasonable value, I'd say Cornwall needs about a 40% drop, more in some cases.

Thought you were transferring your search to the warmer Costas?

If you have 450-600k GBP to spend you can get a fantastic place out there for about 300k now and have plenty of money to spare for visiting Cornwall from April-June and Sept-Oct when it's at it's best. To be reasonable value, I'd say Cornwall needs about a 40% drop, more in some cases.

Well yes, I am looking at warmer climes, but who knows?

I almost agree about 40% - the 'stupid' brigade should drop by 40%, the rest by 15% to 20%.

For some odd reason Rightmove decided there were many new properties on the market, all with summer photos.

This one I like, take off 100k and it's mine :)

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-20210049.html?utm_content=ealertspropertyimage&utm_medium=email&utm_source=emailupdates&utm_campaign=emailupdatesjun11&utm_term=buying&sc_id=5797254

• 2 weeks later...

Guilford Rd?! That's a fecking industrial estate! It's a good mile from the nearest sea view / beach. On top of that you can buy a real house in Hayle for £100k. WTF?

another classy piece of Hayle vernacular......blink.gif

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-36572141.html

That could be my favourite so far.

I lived in Reawla for a few years when I was a kid. It was a sh!thole then and now has a rep as a dumping ground for problem families.

The valuation on thta thing is out by an order of magnitude

That could be my favourite so far.

I lived in Reawla for a few years when I was a kid. It was a sh!thole then and now has a rep as a dumping ground for problem families.

The valuation on thta thing is out by an order of magnitude

Thta's the sort of place you live if you have no other realistic choice.

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder how many "offers in excess of £300,000" Lillicrap are expecting on this one??? It's not without its charms....plenty of windows for the new buyers to watch the traffic whining up the hill not to mention the delightful Fire Engine pub on your doorstep.....and what's that we see in the front garden on Street View??? Previous agents Miller Country Wide sale boards.....round and round we go on the delusional carousel ..... fortunate to get an offer in excess of £200,000........(Have just noticed on Zoopla this was previously listed in March 2009 for £355,000! Purchased 2004 for £195,000)

http://www.rightmove...y-21702012.html

Edited by tennaval

Wonder how many "offers in excess of £300,000" Lillicrap are expecting on this one??? It's not without its charms....plenty of windows for the new buyers to watch the traffic whining up the hill not to mention the delightful Fire Engine pub on your doorstep.....and what's that we see in the front garden on Street View??? Previous agents Miller Country Wide sale boards.....round and round we go on the delusional carousel ..... fortunate to get an offer in excess of £200,000........(Have just noticed on Zoopla this was previously listed in March 2009 for £355,000! Purchased 2004 for £195,000)

http://www.rightmove...y-21702012.html

Well for a little extra you could have this architectural gem.

"Built in the 1980s bungalow with a shed on top style this well presented property is conveniently positioned in the middle of nowhere. Exceptional views of nowhere and arbitrary countryside are only enhanced by perma-drizzle..."

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-21684711.html