House Price Crash Forum

West Cornwall - Nothing New On The Market For A While

Charlie Don't Surf

How's about this one of Property Snake then?

Praa Sands (nice enough village) but £475k down to guide of £200k - £250k at auction.

The snake only had it at £325k and missed the first asking price:

Listing history

First listed on Zoopla

£475,000 on 27th Jan 2010

Asking price changes

£325,000 31.6% Reduced on: 18th Nov 2010

£250,000 23.1% Reduced on: 18th May 2011

£200,000 20.0% Reduced on: 9th Jun 2011

Trewartha Road, Praa Sands, Penzance

£200,000 - 2 bedroom bungalow for sale

http://www.homes24.co.uk/for-sale/details/3669807?utm_source=ood&utm_medium=feeds&utm_content=3669807&refer=ood3669807&ref=http://www.oodle.co.uk

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's about this one of Property Snake then?

Praa Sands (nice enough village) but £475k down to guide of £200k - £250k at auction.

The snake only had it at £325k and missed the first asking price:

Trewartha Road, Praa Sands, Penzance

£200,000 - 2 bedroom bungalow for sale

http://www.homes24.c...www.oodle.co.uk

Have noticed that one for a while, but not realised the dramatic priced falls.........crikey was it really on for £475????? Some people really do just try it on in the hope that a nutter will come along, and in truth I don't actually blame them if they are not in a hurry. It looks like a rebuild to me, and even the bottom end of that guide @k200 is stretching it for a plot there..........

Here's a couple of ~20% reductions.

This one was on at £369 last week, not sure if it wasn't more originally. Now £300k

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30444925.html

This one started at £420k, now £350

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-26652493.html

Still nothing out there tickling my fancy - which is good as I'm expecting round 2 of financial armaggedon pretty soon.

Down £250k in 2 weeks - that's got to be a record round here!

And a record of over-optimistic pricing! £1.5m down to £1.25m so we have the trail.

Very nice and nice location but no garage. I doubt it would ever go for a song but even in today's market of over-hyped asking prices surely it should be on about £850k.

Down £250k in 2 weeks - that's got to be a record round here!

Its a lovely house......and in some ways I can relate to someone falling in love with it, but always thought Clarence Place a bit of an oddity, strangely dislocated and isolated from the core of aspiring chattering classes around Morrab gardens.......pretty sure it was for sale not so long ago.....bit of a culture shock stepping out from dreamy grandeur onto Clarence street every morning......mind you handy for the hospital.......i'll guess at eventual sale price of £650,000 (tops!)

Edited by tennaval

this one still kite flying at £575,000 with a different agent now........sleeping next to a combi boiler......classy. Maths not a strong point.....but even at an optimistic 15 weeks let @ £1500 pw = £22500

GROSS yield = 3.9% approx......(you can get a measly 4% on deposit)

Edited by tennaval

Its a lovely house......and in some ways I can relate to someone falling in love with it, but always thought Clarence Place a bit of an oddity, strangely dislocated and isolated from the core of aspiring chattering classes around Morrab gardens.......pretty sure it was for sale not so long ago.....bit of a culture shock stepping out from dreamy grandeur onto Clarence street every morning......mind you handy for the hospital.......i'll guess at eventual sale price of £650,000 (tops!)

The other houses on Clarence Place go for around £550k I believe. However, I'd say they are better positioned. The £1.25 million house has Pz's only tower block housing assoc flats to one side, council estate to the other and car park at the other. Not at all my idea of a good location - for that kind of cash I wouldn't want to be disturbed by the prolls!

And yeah, stepping out onto Clarence Street - Needle Exchange across the road and then bedsit row. Not forgetting the dodgiest public toilets in town right to the left!

will people really stump up £500,000 to buy a semi detached like this ???I'm beginning to think it's me thats out of synch with prices as i would have thought they would be lucky to achieve £300,000......

A load of places have come up on this patch. I think they must have been part of the cash strapped Treriefe estate. There's one for £550k that looks OK. Then there are the 2 barn conversions both of which are really a bit rubbish! My biggest issue though is the location, you are in no-man's land between the Land's End and the St Just Roads, both are hideous junctions to pull out of and you'd have to do it every day. I've also come to the conclusion that if you have to drive to get anywhere then you might as well live anywhere in the countryside as 2 miles from town.

I've also come to the conclusion that if you have to drive to get anywhere then you might as well live anywhere in the countryside as 2 miles from town.

For me its essential. Had a place 4 mls north PZ....... it was lovely to leave the drudge behind and have complete peace and quiet in exceptional landscape, the downside was the full on weather, lingering mists in particular......but for those with kids it must be a bit wearing to be a constant taxi service.

The other end of st marys place terrace for sale now, did the other end get sold??

(Out of interest how do you find out house prices now from Land reg? It seems to have changed)

I do appreciate this kind of house and architecture, im clearly out of touch but £550,000 for a terrace in PZ is hard to accept .... with a piddly garden and large rooms to heat and a big exterior to maintain seems outmoded for the time. Difficult to imagine who would want that profile these days.....Maybe retirees...with Grand kids I guess??? But surely not much over £400,000??

Edited by tennaval

The other end of st marys place terrace for sale now, did the other end get sold??

(Out of interest how do you find out house prices now from Land reg? It seems to have changed)

I do appreciate this kind of house and architecture, im clearly out of touch but £550,000 for a terrace in PZ is hard to accept .... with a piddly garden and large rooms to heat and a big exterior to maintain seems outmoded for the time. Difficult to imagine who would want that profile these days.....Maybe retirees...with Grand kids I guess??? But surely not much over £400,000??

Oh, I just assumed this was the one at the other end with a reduction. It's listed with Savils which suggests delusions of grandeur. Yes, price is a joke for a pebble dashed end of terrace house. £425k would be my guess in current market.

Buyers are going to turn up and the first thing they will see is the 7 story half empty DSS building next door. This will be a shock as there is no f***ing chance they are going to come from round here!

Since this has been re-listed I'd like to nominate as a contender for Julys Proper Job Award (AKA crimes against architecture).

*would have thought it was better to sell the land and house separately????

Yes, the inside and outside are somewhat incongruous. Seems odd that the owners have gone all out cottage on the inside but aluminium window horror on the outside. Round my neck of the woods, central Pz, the council would have you shot for putting the wrong tiles on your roof. Yet, this place has had a major charm bypass.

I saw this place on RM yesterday and as often does it struck me that the people living here would never ever ever have a chance of buying a place for the kind of money they are selling for without some sort of intervention. Prices are so f*&*&d up down here.

Having said that I am now finding that at least half the kids my son is at preschool with are DFLs (or at least up the line)

Yes, the inside and outside are somewhat incongruous. Seems odd that the owners have gone all out cottage on the inside but aluminium window horror on the outside. Round my neck of the woods, central Pz, the council would have you shot for putting the wrong tiles on your roof. Yet, this place has had a major charm bypass.

I saw this place on RM yesterday and as often does it struck me that the people living here would never ever ever have a chance of buying a place for the kind of money they are selling for without some sort of intervention. Prices are so f*&*&d up down here.

Having said that I am now finding that at least half the kids my son is at preschool with are DFLs (or at least up the line)

Its true. There are not many towns of over 20,000 population that display quite the same social/economic extremes as PZ and environs, some of the poorest wards in england rubbing shoulders (albeit briefly in the supermarket queue) with a satellite community of retired middle class boomers and 40 + downshifters with kids that have sold a pile up country and are living off the fat......In the case of the 40+ downshifters not doubt hoping their dosh will last until they inherit from parents.

Edited by tennaval

• 3 weeks later...

And a record of over-optimistic pricing! £1.5m down to £1.25m so we have the trail.

Very nice and nice location but no garage. I doubt it would ever go for a song but even in today's market of over-hyped asking prices surely it should be on about £850k.

well this one is getting ever closer to your estimate Frank......

well this one is getting ever closer to your estimate Frank......

I saw that. What do you think is going on there. Obviously £1.5 million was ludicrous so I doubt the EA set it. Given how fast the reductions have come it seems the owners aren't too patient. So, why did they probably ignore the EA's advice in the first place?!

Can't remember Frank's estimate. I'm saying £850k as fair market price but not sure who it would appeal to. Given they appear to want to get rid of it I can see it going lower or being on the market indefinitely

I saw that. What do you think is going on there. Obviously £1.5 million was ludicrous so I doubt the EA set it. Given how fast the reductions have come it seems the owners aren't too patient. So, why did they probably ignore the EA's advice in the first place?!

Can't remember Frank's estimate. I'm saying £850k as fair market price but not sure who it would appeal to. Given they appear to want to get rid of it I can see it going lower or being on the market indefinitely

I guess they are done with opportunist Kite flying and want to move on with their lives.

Frank's estimate was on the market at £850,000 mine was sell at £650,000...........

Edited by tennaval

is it just me or does this one at K750 makes the one on clarence place look overpriced?

I know the guy selling this place - in his own words here

I prefer this house to the one in Clarence Place because of the garden and it is at the other end of town. Still not interested in either of them though. Heating bills and maintenance would worry me

Edited by Charlie Don't Surf

• 2 weeks later...