House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
schadenfreude

Media Momentum

As predicted by a number of posters, the momentum towards debt related programming is picking up. Note that this is a series, not a single documentary

In todays Times print edition Page 31, C4 has the following:

Worried about losing it all?

Is your family in finacial trouble? Are you fighting to keep hold of your home or your lifestyle?

Firefly Productions is making an intelligent and sensitive TV documentary series for C4 about families in financial difficulty who are looking for ways to cope.

If you are willing to help, please call Emma in confidence on 0207 033 2305.

As predicted by a number of posters, the momentum towards debt related programming is picking up. Note that this is a series, not a single documentary

Is your family in finacial trouble? Are you fighting to keep hold of your home or your lifestyle?

Firefly Productions is making an intelligent and sensitive TV documentary series for C4 about families in financial difficulty who are looking for ways to cope.

If you are willing to help, please call Emma in confidence on 0207 033 2305.

Call Emma in confidence and then we will put you on NATIONAL TV to show how crap you are with money ;)

How about "Anarchy in the UK" for a title,but then I tend to predict events months away.

Title music"Street Fighting Man" by the Rolling Stones.

I smell revoltionin the air!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Bart of Darkness
an intelligent and sensitive TV documentary series for C4

Hmmmm..... <_<

How about "Anarchy in the UK" for a title,but then I tend to predict events months away

If you want to stick with the Pistols for titles, how about "Silly Thing". :)

I woder what they'll call it...?

What about "I'm a warehouseman....get me out of here !!".

Eight heavily indebted warehouse workers try to escape from their crippling over-indulgent lifestyles.

Contestants win a years worth of mortgage payments if they can sucessfully explain the financial theory behind buying plasma screens, laminate floors, conservatory, 4X4, Toni & Guy haircuts and three weeks in Cuba all whilst earning £16k a year.

Special "grizzly" challenges (a date with Kirsty :D ) for whoever MEW'ed the highest on their ex-LA property.

....what's that, you say....sympathy ?? Fu<k 'em !!

before all the VIs pin, id would have said..."C4 documentary - when is it on ?"

now after seeing the C-forum in action and the usual vested programming for the last few years i just say.."is it ?"....

thats the credibility of a whole tv company sold down the river for a the benefit of a few internal vested property interests. its just brookside again and naff tv.

Edited by right_freds_dead

Firefly Productions is makin a sensitive and intelligent documentary series for Channel 4 about families experiencing financial upheaval who are looking for ways to cope.

The purpose of the series is to encourage a wider public understanding of the changes forced on families going through financial difficulties and to show how they can hopefully find a way out of their situation.

We are particuarly interested in talking to families with children still living at home about how debt and/or sudden financial change can affect home and family life.

We are making two observational films. Each film will follow one family's journey over several months and will be filmed by one director using a small camera. These films are sympathetic and understanding portraits of families facing change.

If you are interested in talking about your current situation please email Emma in confidence: emma@fireflyproductions.tv

Contacting us does not oblige you to take part in a documentary.

I look forward to hearing from you

Best wishes

http://www.debt-help-uk.org.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=219

I also saw mentioned during my search, 'Dicing with debt' and CH4 in the same heading, but I can't find it in the CH4 website.

Does anyone know if thats a programme thats already out?

I also saw mentioned during my search, 'Dicing with debt' and CH4 in the same heading, but I can't find it in the CH4 website.

Does anyone know if thats a programme thats already out?

Found it! Don't know why it didn't come up before.

Does anyone else find this is slightl bad-taste, or is it jus me?

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/m...cing_with_debt/

Guest Bart of Darkness
Or if you are a Buy to Let investor I'd have thought the Pistol's "Pretty Vacant" would be more apt.

Especially if Kirstie presents it.

I just spoke with Emma of Firefly.

She is an intelligent woman who shares alot of ideas with many here.  She even suggested that I take a look at Tim Hodgkinson's "The Idler" magazine, which encourages people to avoid being enslaved by materialistic values.

The idea of a show on this topic is something that Firefly has been kicking around since January.  They think it is the right time for a programme of this type (I agree!), but they have had trouble finding the right sort of family, who is "sympathic and reflective", as she put it.

If you know anyone in this situation, who is willing to speak about their plight, and maybe even be filmed, then why not put them in contact with Emma.  I think you will find her sympathetic too.

EUREKA!

I think 50 of us from this site should pose as some kind of extended Mormon family and act out the plight of the in-debted, MEWed underclass.

Guest Riser

Maybe she should start contacting a few bank managers, they are starting to see their comapnies feeling the effects of the Public drowning in debt.

Co-operative Bank H1 pretax falls after increase in bad debts

LONDON (AFX) - The Co-operative Bank PLC posted a fall in pretax profits for

the first six months due to an increase in bad debts, reflecting the

deteriorating consumer credit environment.

Pretax profits fell to 60.2 mln stg in the first half to July 28 from 65.7

mln last year, following a rise in bad debts to 43.3 mln stg from 29.4 mln.

Profit before bad debt charges rose by 9 pct to 103.5 mln stg.

If you know anyone in this situation, who is willing to speak about their plight, and maybe even be filmed, then why not put them in contact with Emma. I think you will find her sympathetic too.

They will probably grab you for an interview Bubb.

Wouldn't this ad have a better audience in a red top..?