House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bingobob777

Coppers Ch4

No wonder the courts and jails are full when the streets are patrolled by these pathetic numbnuts.

50% of those lifted tonight were roped into it by the coppers shitty social skills.

scum.

I'll give it a watch.

I used to back the police 100%. But my first hand encounters with them over the years have drained my faith in them. I think the job attracts the power-hungry sort.

I lost faith in them after the G20 protests. Obviously everybody reviles the actions of PC Simon Harwood sneaking up behind an innocent bystander, who was walking away from him, and pushing him to both the ground and to his death. It's what happened afterwards that really turned me against them.

Appointing a known incompetent pathologist to carry out the first, flawed post mortem and then having the whole judicial process take one day longer to complete than the deadline to see PC Simon Harwood face charges was bad. The complete silence of all the other tens of thousands of 'decent' Police over the subject pushed me over the edge.

I lost faith in them after the G20 protests. Obviously everybody reviles the actions of PC Simon Harwood sneaking up behind an innocent bystander, who was walking away from him, and pushing him to both the ground and to his death. It's what happened afterwards that really turned me against them.

Appointing a known incompetent pathologist to carry out the first, flawed post mortem and then having the whole judicial process take one day longer to complete than the deadline to see PC Simon Harwood face charges was bad. The complete silence of all the other tens of thousands of 'decent' Police over the subject pushed me over the edge.

They were arresting youths for swearing, but still swore like troopers themselves, even to the people they had arrested.

Their attitude was to walk around the streets, tell anyone who approached them to go away, and harrass them if they didn't. Seems that standing near a police officer is now an arrestable offence.

Funnily enough, nowadays whenever I see polis talking to people in the street I assume they are hassling them. Never used to think like that, but the upsurge of the plastic ***** - the failed parking attendant brownshirt wannabees seems to have pushed me that way. That and the shoddy behaviour in programs like this.

I didn't watch the program, but I will put in a good word for surrey Police.

A couple of mates got assulted walking back from the local train station, they called 999 and got through to Hampshire, Surrey police then called my mate back and sent a car over within 5 minutes. Discussed what had happened and then caught the chavs.

Charges are now being pressed so I can only say I'm impressed with the responce. I think the Police service has bee tarnished by the actions of a few idiots, like what happens in all walks of life.

I've found this to be an excellent documentary so far, but equally depressing seeing as it's showing just how many utterly thick scumbags there are in this country.

It's shown the police to be, as you would expect, a fair representation of society. Mostly very good with some rotten eggs, one of the traffic cops was a real *****.

Very interesting though and without the glamour and slick music of the typical cops programmes with hidden cameras and the like. A worrying number of our plod are quite badly overweight these days.

I've always wanted to be a copper, despite earning over twice the normal coppers salary, I'd consider applying to join the force once I'd taken advanatge of my current earning potential and bought a house.

Not sure what the age restrictions are though, I guess they aren't allowed to discriminate are they?

I noticed from the police could you website that there is no police recruitment at all at the moment, though they are asking for volunteers. Not the hapless PCSO's, but proper special coppers. They also say if you do this you will get guarunteed first dibs when they re-open applications.

Sounds like a way for them to get free labour, bit like asking graduates to work for nothing to get experience, but needs must I guess.

To be a special, you need to do 18 hours a month :o

I've found this to be an excellent documentary so far, but equally depressing seeing as it's showing just how many utterly thick scumbags there are in this country.

It's shown the police to be, as you would expect, a fair representation of society. Mostly very good with some rotten eggs, one of the traffic cops was a real *****.

Very interesting though and without the glamour and slick music of the typical cops programmes with hidden cameras and the like. A worrying number of our plod are quite badly overweight these days.

I've always wanted to be a copper, despite earning over twice the normal coppers salary, I'd consider applying to join the force once I'd taken advanatge of my current earning potential and bought a house.

Not sure what the age restrictions are though, I guess they aren't allowed to discriminate are they?

I noticed from the police could you website that there is no police recruitment at all at the moment, though they are asking for volunteers. Not the hapless PCSO's, but proper special coppers. They also say if you do this you will get guarunteed first dibs when they re-open applications.

Sounds like a way for them to get free labour, bit like asking graduates to work for nothing to get experience, but needs must I guess.

To be a special, you need to do 18 hours a month :o

I think the Special Constabulary is an important part of British society though - part of the Anglo-Saxon tradition of the community policing itself, rather than being policed by the direct arm of the state. A quaint notion perhaps - nowadays it is probably just a way of getting free labour.

I don't blame the police for swearing at the scum they had to deal with in that programme. If there was ever a good advert for the birch it was those two spotty-faced pr(cks who assaulted the WPC.

Dealing with that lot day in day out would try the patience of a saint.