House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

punkstoner

Amazon 'black Friday' Promotion

Are these deals real, and has anybody got one?

Already the press and public are getting annoyed.....

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/847964-amazons-black-friday-deals-sell-out-in-seconds-as-shoppers-left-frustrated

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2010/nov/22/amazon-attempts-black-friday-discounts-uk

Here is why, lets take the 'lightening deals' posted at 6.00PM tonight.

Firstly a Toshiba 37" TV, reduced to £249.00. Offer sold out within a second (i have a 50Mb connection!), yet at 6.05pm, some 5 minutes later the TV is in stock, but for £349.00

Second offer at 6.00PM, a flash socket set. Reduced to £49.99, and again sold out within a second, yet still available and in stock 5 minutes later, but the cost is £90.38.

Third offer at 6.00PM tonight, a philips shaver, reduced to £31.99. Offer sells out in less than a second, yet once again the item is showing as in stock some five minutes later for the higher price of £43.99

I put it to the housepricecrash forum that these offers do not exist, and that this sale is in fact false advertising.

Thoughts?

Goldmand Sachs HFT machines beat you to it?

and its a better return than real stocks...

Huge discussions on various places about people going to "write to watchdog"

It does look scammy if they only have one of the real bargains available...

Huge discussions on various places about people going to "write to watchdog"

It does look scammy if they only have one of the real bargains available...

Its fastest finger wins. I've so far got the telly (but as it was a toshiba rather than Sony returned it to the queue) and got the take that cd and Scrabble.

If you were up at 7am this morning the Inspector Morse DVD offer was readily available at 7:10.

Its fastest finger wins. I've so far got the telly (but as it was a toshiba rather than Sony returned it to the queue) and got the take that cd and Scrabble.

If you were up at 7am this morning the Inspector Morse DVD offer was readily available at 7:10.

Many of those items were on at their normal 'discounted' prices.

They just caught out those who are not regular buyers on Amazon who pavlovianly respond to word "SALE" and "REDUCTION".

Woof, Growl, Grrrrrr. :P