House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Bought Some Nivea Sensitive Shaving Gel

I have been using the Clinique mens' shaving gel for the past 15 years or so - costs about £11, usually get a £1 off around this time of the year in a Debenhams sale and the bottle normally lasts me about 10 to 11 months.

No shaving burn issues as long as I shave every other day.

Decided to go for something cheaper this time and saw some Nivea sensitive shaving gel on sale for £2 in Debenhams this week - £2 off normal price. I use some of Nivea's other sensitive products such as their scrub (Yes, I think we have decided from the threesome thread that I am a girl!) and thought this would be fine.

Used it to shave for the last time last Friday on about 2 days of stubble and used it after a long soak in the bath so stubble was nice and soft. By Saturday morning my face was tender sore with red razor burn marks on either side of my neck and two very sore weeping spots under the right side of my bottom lip. It is now Monday evening and my face and neck are still sore and I have ruddy pimples on my back - seems I have had some kind of allergic reaction to the Nivea 'sensitive' shaving gel.

Won't be shaving for another week at least. Not impressed.

Anyone want a once used can of the Nivea stuff!

what do you use on your lovely hands sweety? do you have a different cream for your cuticles? what do you use on your eyes?

fking ponce :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

long soak in the bath? were there candles and pot pourri? :P

all joking aside, I hate creams on my skin especially my face but have you ever tried using shaving oil?

I used to know a guy in the army, lenny we called him, was forever moisturising his hands and face. I used to tease him mercilessly. Apparently women really like the smell of baby lotion though. Never worked for me once we had a new born though and I stank of the stuff constantly :rolleyes: maybe he just looked better too :lol:

you can tell what goes into Nivea, by its name....its a mix of Evian and not much else.

I have been using the Clinique mens' shaving gel for the past 15 years or so - costs about £11, usually get a £1 off around this time of the year in a Debenhams sale and the bottle normally lasts me about 10 to 11 months.

Decided to go for something cheaper this time and saw some Nivea sensitive shaving gel on sale for £2 in Debenhams this week - £2 off normal price. I use some of Nivea's other sensitive products such as their scrub (Yes, I think we have decided from the threesome thread that I am a girl!) and thought this would be fine.

Used it to shave for the last time last Friday on about 2 days of stubble and used it after a long soak in the bath so stubble was nice and soft. By Saturday morning my face was tender sore with red razor burn marks on either side of my neck and two very sore weeping spots under the right side of my bottom lip. It is now Monday evening and my face and neck are still sore and I have ruddy pimples on my back - seems I have had some kind of allergic reaction to the Nivea 'sensitive' shaving gel.

Try shaving with Boots Aqueous Cream, £3.99 for a 500gm tub. Ask for it at the pharmacy counter. :)

Nivea is rubbish quite frankly. The only shaving gel I've ever found that really doesn't irritate your skin is King Of Shaves. I'd be lost without it now.

Shaving gels or creams just makes the razor glide over the hair. Useless. Shave in the shower while the hairs are soft and use your hand as a guide for any missed bits. Don't think I'll ever do my dad's style ov covering the beard with masses of white foamy sh!t that means you can't see what youare doing.

After the shower get out and sort out the bits near the sidies and corners of the kouth ay have missed. Easy as.

Bit of moisturiser, no need for any of that expensive sh!te. £3 for a bottle to last a year usually.

Change razor every 10 shaves or so and that's iut, no need for any expensive gels or creams, just hot water will do the trick.

Shaving gels or creams just makes the razor glide over the hair. Useless. Shave in the shower while the hairs are soft and use your hand as a guide for any missed bits. Don't think I'll ever do my dad's style ov covering the beard with masses of white foamy sh!t that means you can't see what youare doing.

After the shower get out and sort out the bits near the sidies and corners of the kouth ay have missed. Easy as.

Bit of moisturiser, no need for any of that expensive sh!te. £3 for a bottle to last a year usually.

Change razor every 10 shaves or so and that's iut, no need for any expensive gels or creams, just hot water will do the trick.

why bother, simply fly to the US where a nice man from the TSA will shave your entire body hair in the airport lounge for free.

why bother, simply fly to the US where a nice man from the TSA will shave your entire body hair in the airport lounge for free.

thanks, I was starting to feel guilty about taking the michael since everyone else was being so serious.

bunch of tarts :lol:

thanks, I was starting to feel guilty about taking the michael since everyone else was being so serious.

bunch of tarts :lol:

Im sure they all smell luvly though...very important if you wanna get shaved at a swingers party.

its technical.

you see, you are mixing technologies...the pricey cream needs a pricey blade.

If you had chosen to use a BIC disposable ( 4 for £1), then the badness of the blade would be cancelled out by an equal and opposite badness of the cream.

dimples.

I used to use a razor and buy blades for it but realised that disposables actually ended up cheaper.

Having used disposables for a couple of years I can vouch for them being sharper and I get no irritation any more. All you have to do is throw them a way and use a fresh blade when needed.

I used to use a razor and buy blades for it but realised that disposables actually ended up cheaper.

Having used disposables for a couple of years I can vouch for them being sharper and I get no irritation any more. All you have to do is throw them a way and use a fresh blade when needed.

I noticed that Gillette have begun doing a Mach 3 disposable but reviews I read state that Tesco's own top triple blade razor is as good as the best Gillette blades but much cheaper.

I noticed that Gillette have begun doing a Mach 3 disposable but reviews I read state that Tesco's own top triple blade razor is as good as the best Gillette blades but much cheaper.

Unfortunately I have done lots of shaving with cold water or even dry (which is why I mentioned oil, always handy to carry) and what I found was that the important thing is a sharp blade.

I think that the replacement blades that you buy for a razor are meant to last longer but that is at a cost to the blade.

Disposables seem far sharper imo and a clean shave reduces irritation in my case.

I use gillette but will give the tesco's razors a bash. Want me to let you know or will you be brave?

they are sharp, may be even the sharpest but I cant get on with them.

I have had a few wee accidents with them. Find I have got to be extra careful. Which sort of makes sense when you are talking about a razor !!

Forgot a few times and the sorest were a few where I slipped it when doing under my nose and sliced a wee cut on the underside of my nose. Never felt stinging like it !!

I use gillette but will give the tesco's razors a bash. Want me to let you know or will you be brave?

The way my skin feels after the Nivea for men sensitive shaving gel I doubt I will shave for week now at least.

Surprised you're still paying full price TMT. With all the "chat" you get up to I'm surprised you haven't found an impressionable cosmetics lady to get it for you cheap. Needn't be Clinique, any of the Estee Lauder company workers will be able to get it for you very, very cheap.

Surprised you're still paying full price TMT. With all the "chat" you get up to I'm surprised you haven't found an impressionable cosmetics lady to get it for you cheap. Needn't be Clinique, any of the Estee Lauder company workers will be able to get it for you very, very cheap.

There be dragons :blink: