House Price Crash Forum
Kyoto

Bank Of Ireland Shares Down 16% Today

My mortgage is with BoI - the classic type that [i assume] was CDO'd off. I recently got a letter saying that my mortgage was being transferred to a new subsidiary based in London. I know it's wishful thinking, and potentiall none of my business, but at what point do I start having to ask the question with regards to whether there is still any trace of the original buyer of the CDO into which my mortgage was packaged - and if there isn't; what right does the bank have to continue collection?

Too big to fail?

Nooooh,

As referenced here on other threads by our sharp and cute posters, Bank of Ireland underwrites the Post Office.

Obviously it is a cunning, Baldrick-style plan.

If those Brussels Sprouts don't play ball, we'll just pay them in postage stamps or postal orders! We can print them. Ha!

(At least I hope we can, if we haven't outsourced the printing to India. I'm always the last to know.)

Anyway, failing that, it's a cunning Cameron-style plan to save billions by crashing the Bank of Ireland and . . . the Post Offfice!

Think of the milions of corner shop newsagents thrown into receivership.

On second thoughts, maybe it isn't a cunning plan.