House Price Crash Forum
1929crash

A Message From Max Keiser

He should have declared his investment / interest in Ag. To be transparent and credible.

Otherwise he's just another "pump and dump" merchant.....

OK, so i do my bit, buy some silver, it's not enough to crash JP Morgan, what happens to the price of my silver?

I'm very pessimistic on the chances of a grass roots rebellion saving us but certainly in my lifetime there has not been such a pressing case for one.

OK, so i do my bit, buy some silver, it's not enough to crash JP Morgan, what happens to the price of my silver?

I'm very pessimistic on the chances of a grass roots rebellion saving us but certainly in my lifetime there has not been such a pressing case for one.

Silver is pretty rare and useful in electronics. I have read that there will be supply issues before too long too (someone had a great chart about peak everything). It is also much further off the inflation adjusted peak than gold is, where as the relationship between the gold/silver price has been quite similar over recent decades, I understand.

Sorry the above is a bit vague, but I don't have the links to hand, nor know the exact numbers. If I buy any more PMs in the coming months/years, it will likely be more silver than gold though. I'm no financial advisor though! :)

I think he's talking his own book and trying to make a quick buck. This is from a guy who gets his airtime from Russian and Iranian networks, has past connections to hedge funds shared with Goldsmith (KarmaBanque) and is a Wall Streeter. There's no way he can bring down JP Morgan with this. You have to wonder what he's up to...nonetheless find his videos entertaining and often truthful.

I think he's talking his own book and trying to make a quick buck. This is from a guy who gets his airtime from Russian and Iranian networks, has past connections to hedge funds shared with Goldsmith (KarmaBanque) and is a Wall Streeter. There's no way he can bring down JP Morgan with this. You have to wonder what he's up to...nonetheless find his videos entertaining and often truthful.

Indeed.

Putin mouthpiece says attack US govt. bullion bank.

Do people fall this sh1t?

Been visiting Max Keiser blog for a couple of years now. I first saw his film on the Icelandic crash that he made a full year before it happened (this imho gave him credibility). Listened to his thoughts on pm's (again, been a good move upto now).

He had David Morgan (Silver) on his show a couple of weeks ago and since then his blog has just been all out buy physical silver bullion. Getting bored with all this silver talk now, crash JPM, i dont think thats going to happen.

That's RT he's on too. A lot of Western governments are aleady concerned about content on Russia Today, Aljazeera UK, etc, etc. There's free speech, strong views opposing mainstream, protest and terrorism. Where does this campaign fit?

Having seen Max Keiser on Russia Today it could be easy to dismiss him as a Putin mouth piece. However, I believe that while it is a shrewd move on Putin's part to put Keiser on RT, it doesn't make Keiser's pronouncements any less true. It is just a case of the truth working in Russia's favour.

As for the JPM story, it is widely claimed they are net short sliver and have been for a long time. However, the price continues to move against them, so like a poker player bluffing with a bad hand, they continue to roll over their bets, leveraging up the chips on the table to cover their shorts, in the hope the other players will capitulate before they do. If enough people buy silver and the price continues to rise they'll be caught in a short squeeze and be bankrupted (because their short position has become so absurdly large), just like our proverbial blagging poker player betting the house and car to present a facade of confidence, only to lose the lot when another player with a truly strong hand calls his bluff.

That's RT he's on too. A lot of Western governments are aleady concerned about content on Russia Today, Aljazeera UK, etc, etc. There's free speech, strong views opposing mainstream, protest and terrorism. Where does this campaign fit?

Have to say that despite Russia's track record of oppressing the truth, they are quite happy to broadcast it when it works in their favour. Therefore, ironically, you'll find more truth today on RT than on the BBC.

If you buy silver you pay VAT at 17.5% (soon to be 20%). Any gain you make is likely to be lost in the tax. Gold is tax free (no VAT.)

(Unless you buy abroad!)

Edited by Nationalist

Why is JP morgan so important? Did they lose some of that tw@t Cantonas pocket money?

I thought Goldman Sachs is the big one?

Actually, JPM is the big one ($60 trillion notional derivatives), and they are also a symbol of banksterism (going back the the founding of the Federal Reserve, and before).

If you buy silver you pay VAT at 17.5% (soon to be 20%). Any gain you make is likely to be lost in the tax. Gold is tax free (no VAT.)

(Unless you buy abroad!)

I think if you go through the likes of BullionVault, that isn't true. "Investment grade" or something.

I think if you go through the likes of BullionVault, that isn't true. "Investment grade" or something.

Looks like you're right, they've got a work-around

Private investors buying silver in the UK usually pay VAT sales tax at 17.5%. But BullionVault users are fully exempted, because BullionVault is a member of the wholesale market's professional trade body, the London Bullion Market Association...

Ah, just read a bit more... if you want physical delivery you pay VAT!

Edited by Nationalist

Max can be an interesting listen but his actions here raise ethical concerns for me.

If calling for people to buy silver caused JPM to get into difficulties and need a bail out, who carries that burden? Ordinary Americans.

Looks like you're right, they've got a work-around

You only pay VAT if you take physical delivery on it. If they hold on to it for you (which is what their service provides), you don't pay the VAT. The same goes for Goldmoney.

EDIT: Looks like you read that already!

Ah, just read a bit more... if you want physical delivery you pay VAT!

Also, Sarnia Silver are based in Guernsey, where they can avoid paying tax on items under £18. Because of this, they will box up separate coins under this value and deliver them to you. TBH though, their coins don't seem to be the best value and coininvestdirect.com seem to offer better deals even with VAT in many cases.

IMO, if you value liquidity and trust the warehouses, they provide an easy way to cheaply invest in physical gold/silver. Ofc, some will want it in their hand - the ultimate guarantee you have it - but BV and GM have a good track record so far (and lots of gold/silver bought!).

Edited by Traktion

Max can be an interesting listen but his actions here raise ethical concerns for me.

If calling for people to buy silver caused JPM to get into difficulties and need a bail out, who carries that burden? Ordinary Americans.

We shouldn't be bailing out the banks, let them fail now.

Even better, perhaps more of their money being used to bailout another large bank might make them look up from their iphones and consider taking some action.