House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
getknk

Planning To Extend My Tenancy

Friends,

my house tenancy needs to be extended from next year Feb..

I'm sure my landlord will ask another 50 quid extra per month.. House is fine.. no damage at all made, though the demand in SE for renting increased. Similar houses in next block are selling £50 extra..

Any good points to haggle during the extension phase?

Edited by getknk

do you have to leave next Feb or does it just run on. if you don't have to leave next Feb and the tenancy just runs on, then why raise the issue?

If it runs out, then the basis of haggle is everyone's net losses. You don't really want to pay to move and want to avoid moving costs whilst your landlord doesnt want a void. Of course, if there is an agency in between you, then the agency gains more when you leave and they re-tenant it, in which case haggling is futile.

Friends,

my house tenancy needs to be extended from next year Feb..

I'm sure my landlord will ask another 50 quid extra per month.. House is fine.. no damage at all made, though the demand in SE for renting increased. Similar houses in next block are selling £50 extra..

Any good points to haggle during the extension phase?

do you have to leave next Feb or does it just run on. if you don't have to leave next Feb and the tenancy just runs on, then why raise the issue?

If it runs out, then the basis of haggle is everyone's net losses. You don't really want to pay to move and want to avoid moving costs whilst your landlord doesnt want a void. Of course, if there is an agency in between you, then the agency gains more when you leave and they re-tenant it, in which case haggling is futile.

the agreement is till Feb and is extend-able under mutual consent.

if you sign nothing,you roll over onto a periodical,sounds like the best course is to mention nothing unless he raises the issue.were you aware that you roll into a periodical after the first 6 months AST?

after 6 months it was 2 months notice period and the agreement is for 1 year.

So what i believe the best option is to speak to landlord and just say, i'm continuing the property.. though no much further explanation..

thanks again m8

Mantrap on the driveway...collect the landlord and threaten hungry Tigers till he offers a reduction.

never fails.