House Price Crash Forum
blankster

Britain Offers Ireland Bail-Out

In addition to contributing to IMF and EU bail outs, Britain offers loan to Ireland - according to headline. Is this the £7 billion that was mentioned a few days ago? Looks like it could be that one of our banks has got its head caught in the railings in Dublin.

Has Cameron out-Browned Brown on this one?

Edited by blankster

Why would Cameron throw more taxpayers money on a fire that's not even our own?? It's like the village idiots have taken control without any clue about what they are getting into.

The UK will be knocking at the IMF door shortly unless the fecking BOE raise interest rates quick smart.

WTF are they waiting for???

Strange days!!!

Edited by Wait & See

It's not give, it's loan, and I guess it depends on what interest rate we charge ;)

:lol: that's so funny, i feel sick now i'm done laughing. How f*cked up do we have to be for that to be the best thing to do? Very f*cked up.

I have said it before.... this is not an act of charity it is an act of absolute desperation.

If Irish banks go BK then so do the exposed UK banks.

Contagion,

Edited by nuts

Why would Cameron throw more taxpayers money on a fire that's not even our own?? It's like the village idiots have taken control without any clue about what they are getting into.

No, you don't have a clue because we "can't handle the truth", no matter how bad you think this all looks just imagine how bad it really is.

The UK will be knocking at the IMF door shortly

I think you've got that the wrong way around.

No, you don't have a clue because we "can't handle the truth", no matter how bad you think this all looks just imagine how bad it really is.

I think you've got that the wrong way around.

lol, I wonder what the Germans think??

Well, if the general consensus spreads that if there's a danger of another big banking crisis in the offing, the FTSE will fall off a cliff in the next few days.

If Osborne can find £7 billion to give to Ireland, why did he need to make £6 billion cuts in public services here?

Ah, but, yes, you see. Osborne can just print the £7B to give to Ireland, whilst the ECB won't let them do it for themselves.

Easy. Hope you've got some metal.

Uk bank issues loan in ireland

ireland goes bellyup

irish bank can't repay loan to uk bank

uk government magics 7 billion into existence

irish bank repays loan to uk bank

uk banker gets bonus

uk taxpayer pays more tax

Ah, but, yes, you see. Osborne can just print the £7B to give to Ireland, whilst the ECB won't let them do it for themselves.

Easy. Hope you've got some metal.

He shouldn't be giving Ireland any money, whether its funny or not. Fecking clown that he is. Let the bloody Post Office accounts go to the wall ffs. Bailing out Ireland lol....wtf is the world coming to??

He should be more concerned about the next UK bank bailout thats going to come within the next 12 months. Fecking clowns to the left and idiots to the right.

Edited by Wait & See

It's not give, it's loan, and I guess it depends on what interest rate we charge ;)

As is the case with all loans, the interest rate is not that relevant. Getting your original loan amount back is critical.

I am not yet convinced that any loan to Ireland will result in a return of principal let alone a return on principal.

The UK will be knocking at the IMF door shortly unless the fecking BOE raise interest rates quick smart.

WTF are they waiting for???

Strange days!!!

no sign of bond vigilantes at all yet. Why do you think raising rates will stop us knocking at the door of the IMF?

He should be more concerned about the next UK bank bailout thats going to come within the next 12 months. Fecking clowns to the left and idiots to the right.

:lol:

This _is_ the next UK bank bailout ! UK banks have lent £200bn to Irish banks. If they go down so do ours.

In principle I wouldn't have opposed helping out Ireland but when the amount of the bail-out is almost the same amount as the public spending cuts here for the next year, confirmed by the same man only a few days earlier, it seems perverse.

This _is_ the next UK bank bailout ! UK banks have lent £200bn to Irish banks. If they go down so do ours.
Let them go down! I've got hardly any money left in my bank accounts so I don't care! My savings are with one of the largest remaining mutual building societies!! Edited by blankster

:lol:

lol, tbh it's looking like a broken model (surprise, surprise), so what the fecking tories should be doing now is telling the banks to go to the wall and take control of the money supply................shock of fecking shocks.............the commercial banking system is dead, buried and two years under the ground.

Pathetic, the lot of them...........banks and useless, useless politicians.

Edited by Wait & See

is there a profit?

Of course there is, there always is: it allows the UK banks to stay in power.

Edited by _w_