House Price Crash Forum

Forbidden Archaeology/ Our Hidden Past

Number79

HOLA441

Interesting thread, brings back happy memories of reading Erich Von Daniken.

Not sure about this bit tho. Is your thinking that there is something concealed that would belittle the ancient Egyptians? Surely if there were great relics in these vast tunnel networks this would only enhance their history?

Not if the translations came out whining about how they missed Stonehenge, and why did we have to come to this godforsaken desert to try and bring druidic law to the savages living in the dust...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

I remember being told that we always sleep up stairs because we feel more at ease and safer at height. And that it is an instinct left over after descending from apes who still sleep safely high up.

I guess that our ancestors didnt know that they came from monkeys :lol:

Man has used caves for millions of years, maybe that was left more in the minds and instincts of earlier civilisation than sleeping in trees :D

More practically, at a time when other tribes and people kept coming to steal your stuff I guess that it was the best way to hide people and treasured possessions and maybe the best way to move undetected between important places.

Proles houses didn't have upstairs bedrooms until the rich did around Elizabethan times - they slept in same area as their animals in winter (in a methane atmosphere) to keep warm - so we are oft told.

HOLA443

Interesting thread, brings back happy memories of reading Erich Von Daniken.

Not sure about this bit tho. Is your thinking that there is something concealed that would belittle the ancient Egyptians? Surely if there were great relics in these vast tunnel networks this would only enhance their history?

It depends. There are theories to suggest that monuments like the sphinx are much older than accepted and possibly the pyramids. Hawass dislikes intensely any hint at the possibility that anyone else came to egypt with these skills or knowledge because it detracts from the accepted history of the ancient egyptians. Advanced technology or knowledge does not sit well with the accepted story which would mean he would have to admit that he was wrong and it would also open doors for those that believe other things.

There is a good deal of information known about the giza plateau that has been documented. There are things that were not lost that hawass has 'discovered'. A team of amateurs that found a cave/tunnel complex. It doesnt look good for amateurs to be finding things or books to be containing locations and details of unseen things when the man who is supposed to know everything about the plateu clearly doesnt.

Then, there are the possibilities about what they may have found and be hiding but they are all stories that you can find and consider.

Dont forget that the only account of atlantis that we have is Plato's and that was a second hand account that came from.....Egypt.

HOLA444

Proles houses didn't have upstairs bedrooms until the rich did around Elizabethan times - they slept in same area as their animals in winter (in a methane atmosphere) to keep warm - so we are oft told.

yep I know, it was a ridiculous thing to be told and I have an idea that it came from school. I have heard it since though used in the evolutionary argument. I asked "what about roundhouses and longhouses that we lived in for centuries?" but apparently they were safe because they were enclosed :blink:

I think I know where ccc was going with that and tbh, rather than it leading to caves and tunnels it always made me wonder about why people would choose to live at such high altitudes. Maybe they had lots of flood myths and a thing about water :)

HOLA445

why underground?

how about, it was hot in their climate, so building underground would have provided a nice comfortable 60F at all times of the year...and food could remain dry and preserved?

HOLA446

why underground?

how about, it was hot in their climate, so building underground would have provided a nice comfortable 60F at all times of the year...and food could remain dry and preserved?

the constant temperature of depth makes underground shelter and storage obvious in any climate.

HOLA447

the constant temperature of depth makes underground shelter and storage obvious in any climate.

it would, Im not sure where the site being referred to actually is.

also, it would be a good defensive place to be, and if it was big enough, fire might not be too much of a problem....and good design, which I am sure they were capable of, would make them pretty much impregnable.

People live in caves on Gran Canaria...highly desirable they are too, what with cool in the summer and warm in the winter meaning they are very cheap to run.

HOLA448

it would, Im not sure where the site being referred to actually is.

also, it would be a good defensive place to be, and if it was big enough, fire might not be too much of a problem....and good design, which I am sure they were capable of, would make them pretty much impregnable.

People live in caves on Gran Canaria...highly desirable they are too, what with cool in the summer and warm in the winter meaning they are very cheap to run.

The croc god cult (underground) prob came about coz they observed that desert pool living crocs live deep underground in a comatose state for months on end during dry periods.

Egyptians were obsessed with the colour GREEN - ring any bells?

Think of significance in Scot Barries Peter-Pan - Croc god swallowed time!

HOLA449

Bloody website won't let me edit last post for some reason - was going to say this

Besides the Jewelry used (favoured) by the Pharaohs (their vibrational frequencies and the light wavelengths they reflect) the tool the heirarchy (overseers) are always pictured with is that stick with a top bit set off at a funny angle with the semi circle attached to the bottom.

The Uk & Egyptian authorities seized loads of these weapons (tools) out of King Tut's chambers (never write about them) and they have been locked up in a large strong room ever since - no requests answered & Archies are not allowed to examine them.

Loads of others have been found in tombs of important people and handed in to suffer the same fate (hidden from public sight & mind).

I think they used these tools to cut the stone faces so accurately using 'harnessed' vibrational energy.

Due to cultural links with sarf america (mummies found with with cocaine) I reckon the rock walls where you can't fit a knife blade between them (Quechua or Machu Pikchu etc) were cut with similar tools!

There are extensive tunnel networks and underground mazes reported under Machu Picchu and other sites in South America too! (covered up)

Echoes of the story of the destruction of Jericho in the Bible maybe? Priests playing trumpets and all that, making the walls crumble.

HOLA4410

I cant find the reports anywhere now, which is driving me mad, much like not being able to find what I wanted to about inca tunnels and a recent discovery of a vast tunnel network.

Actually this would be the problem for me trying to share links on a site like this. For starters I don't have links for the most part. I got the majority of material downloading torrents from around the world over the last year. I have so much data I wouldn't know where to begin to post and the subject's seems to be so large and often connected now. Atlantis is a small part. The re are several books apart from the 800ish mainstream archaeology books downloaded regarding orthodox studies.

Possibly by posting some headers to lectures/books/dvd's. The information comes from all camps. Those being: creationist/scientific/theosaphy/occult/religious/archaeological modern and ancient. Depends what 'bit' you are interested in. I'd PM but will have to wait till I get enough posts or something.

I grew up with the normal mainstream history/religious education. I had read some of Graham Hancock/Beauval books over the years. Particularly the fingerprints of the gods. After travelling to Egypt in 2004 and seeing the cut and finished stone tolerances and the otherwise general shambles that is Alex and Cairo, it dawned on me something was not right. Stone age men could't have cut that rock out and then finished it to those tolerances. Never mind moving 1000+ ton blocks of stone. Much of it is granite ffs. They only had bronze tools at best.

Then there is the size/weight issue. Since then I have examined, watched and read enough material to know for an absolute certainty we have been sold a load of cobblers on Egypt alone. Now I'm sure a huge chunk of our history right up to the present is suspect.

So why and what is the point? Why on earth would there be people covering up and possibly destroying mans history? Why deliberately mislead people or lose items that can be possibly dated? Why give kids a false history to begin with? Why is there forbidden anything to do with unravelling our history?

The idea that the Egyptians had the first civilisation is total nonsense. Watching Lehner smash away at an unfinished obelisk in the ground with a lump of granite in his fist for journalists would've been funny if it wasn't so pathetic. How he planned to get the glass finish is beyond me and onyl God knows how long it took for his hand to recover. Hawass has clearly modelled himself on a cartoon character from an Indi Jones movie and the scientific community that have to deal with him know it. He still hasn't managed to string a coherent sentence together refuting the absolute geological facts of the weathering/erosion of the sphinx and it's enclosure. :lol:

I've been trying to figure out what the motives of the deceivers are along the way and have some ideas formulating but I want to be pretty sure of them before saying them out loud even to myself. :blink:

HOLA4411

The croc god cult (underground) prob came about coz they observed that desert pool living crocs live deep underground in a comatose state for months on end during dry periods.

Egyptians were obsessed with the colour GREEN - ring any bells?

Think of significance in Scot Barries Peter-Pan - Croc god swallowed time!

Grass?...they seem to have got rid of theirs.

HOLA4412

Reading this makes me think that "history", as we currently "know" it, has been passed down by people - human beings using their brains - stories, facts and ideas processed, if you like, by individuals in each generation, ie selected men and women chosen by the then-current organisation in influence - Rome, Byzantium, Islam, Renaissance, countless royal (lol) families, industrial revolution Britain, Oxford/Cambridge, the Victorians etc (sorry, probably a couple of huge gaps there!).

The point is what we work with now has been endlessly filtered and fiddled with over the ages - it's really not too much of a leap to realise "accepted" historical fact is the equivalent of a 1,000 years + of Sun headlines :lol:

HOLA4413

Actually this would be the problem for me trying to share links on a site like this. For starters I don't have links for the most part. I got the majority of material downloading torrents from around the world over the last year. I have so much data I wouldn't know where to begin to post and the subject's seems to be so large and often connected now. Atlantis is a small part. The re are several books apart from the 800ish mainstream archaeology books downloaded regarding orthodox studies.

Possibly by posting some headers to lectures/books/dvd's. The information comes from all camps. Those being: creationist/scientific/theosaphy/occult/religious/archaeological modern and ancient. Depends what 'bit' you are interested in. I'd PM but will have to wait till I get enough posts or something.

I grew up with the normal mainstream history/religious education. I had read some of Graham Hancock/Beauval books over the years. Particularly the fingerprints of the gods. After travelling to Egypt in 2004 and seeing the cut and finished stone tolerances and the otherwise general shambles that is Alex and Cairo, it dawned on me something was not right. Stone age men could't have cut that rock out and then finished it to those tolerances. Never mind moving 1000+ ton blocks of stone. Much of it is granite ffs. They only had bronze tools at best.

Then there is the size/weight issue. Since then I have examined, watched and read enough material to know for an absolute certainty we have been sold a load of cobblers on Egypt alone. Now I'm sure a huge chunk of our history right up to the present is suspect.

So why and what is the point? Why on earth would there be people covering up and possibly destroying mans history? Why deliberately mislead people or lose items that can be possibly dated? Why give kids a false history to begin with? Why is there forbidden anything to do with unravelling our history?

The idea that the Egyptians had the first civilisation is total nonsense. Watching Lehner smash away at an unfinished obelisk in the ground with a lump of granite in his fist for journalists would've been funny if it wasn't so pathetic. How he planned to get the glass finish is beyond me and onyl God knows how long it took for his hand to recover. Hawass has clearly modelled himself on a cartoon character from an Indi Jones movie and the scientific community that have to deal with him know it. He still hasn't managed to string a coherent sentence together refuting the absolute geological facts of the weathering/erosion of the sphinx and it's enclosure. :lol:

I've been trying to figure out what the motives of the deceivers are along the way and have some ideas formulating but I want to be pretty sure of them before saying them out loud even to myself. :blink:

My position is exactly the same and trading book lists or sites wouldnt help unless we know where each other is and what is being looked at.

You should be able to pm by now.

Hawass could be as simple as pure pride imo.

Motives? yeah, I know what you mean about not wanting to voice possibilities. You saw my previous what if post? I have always stayed away from the more incredible ideas and theories but what I have come to realise is that nothing can be discounted anymore. I still try to stick with hard facts and archaeological evidence but the stuff that I keep putting to one side has made a huge pile now all with a common thread.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

May I ask a question? There have been allusions on this thread to 'previous ages of man' that could have existed millions if not billions of years ago. Do you accept prevailing evolutionary theory? Or do you err on a more creationist approach? Or something else?

I would be interested to hear what others think.

Personally, I know have a massive problem with evolution unless may be the dates can be set back a long way and evidence could be found.

Creationism I have no time for, at all.

Something else, life got here or started some how. The dinosaurs ruled before. Do we know for certain that other life on the planet did not? This is not a belief of mine but it is not impossible that we are not the first sentient civilisation/life in the billions of years of the planets history is it?

When mankind dies out do we expect all life on the planet to end and nothing else to come after? If the answer is no then how can you be certain that there was nothing else before?

hey, what you askin me for, all I got is questions :lol:

HOLA4416

Personally, I know have a massive problem with evolution unless may be the dates can be set back a long way and evidence could be found.

Something else, life got here or started some how. The dinosaurs ruled before. Do we know for certain that other life on the planet did not? This is not a belief of mine but it is not impossible that we are not the first sentient civilisation/life in the billions of years of the planets history is it?

When mankind dies out do we expect all life on the planet to end and nothing else to come after? If the answer is no then how can you be certain that there was nothing else before?

creationists make this point: where are the new species that evolution predicts?

HOLA4417

Quite interested in the idea of these big-foot skeletons! Where are they?

Out of curiosity, I measured my feet, 27cm, i.e. not quite a foot!

I think I have been done! :blink:

HOLA4418

Quite interested in the idea of these big-foot skeletons! Where are they?

:

try "google" and report back

am sure it wont disappoint. Does that mean that there are millions of nutjobs making stuff up or that there is a possibility? I expect an answer in the report :D

HOLA4419

creationists make this point: where are the new species that evolution predicts?

I am sure that they do, not my thing though and I never understood in what sort of timeframe they were talking. Human life is but a small fart during a long and extravagant banquet so far.

what about you bloo? is all this just too much to even consider? what do you think?

HOLA4420

Lots if interesting chat on the underground thing. I suppose there could be any number of reasons. We will never know for sure.

As for new species ? Could you not class us as a new species ? Or at least an evolved one ?

We are much taller than folk in Britain from only a few centuries back, that is quite a big change in a pretty tiny time frame.

****** knows !!

HOLA4421

Thanks for the reply. My fear is that too often 'scientists' find evidence to support their preconceived notions rather than the other way round (depending on what you believe there are plenty of examples of this one way or another). So I wonder at the unknown and potentially dubious provenance of some of these discoveries and to what ideology they may benefit. For example, it would certainly benefit some creationists/biblical literalists to 'find' a 2 billion year old footprint (stretch a few old testament ages and hey presto). It also seems possible that natural processes may give rise to what on initial inspection seem to be manmade/crafted objects.

We are told these things have been 'tested' and that "It's impossible for us to recreate these things with our current technology". These same claims were famously made about the so called Crystal Skulls, some of which have now been proven to have been created in the 19th century. All the while, people have been making significant money in writing books on these subjects.

I believe it's in human nature to seek the fantastic in the mundane, and as much as I might like to believe in hidden cities of gold, giants and otherworldy technology I find it very difficult to accept that such things have been successfully hidden from us by shadowy organisations. All it would take would be one person to produce tangible evidence and the whole can of worms would open up. I'm not naive enough to believe we're not lied to on a regular basis but eventually things have a tendency to come out.

To your credit @richyc that you make no specific claims to any of these things, simply trying to keep and open mind and finding your own evidence. I just wonder whether, when one starts looking for patterns in randomness, one invariably finds them.

Interesting thread!

HOLA4422

Thanks for the reply. My fear is that too often 'scientists' find evidence to support their preconceived notions rather than the other way round (depending on what you believe there are plenty of examples of this one way or another). So I wonder at the unknown and potentially dubious provenance of some of these discoveries and to what ideology they may benefit. For example, it would certainly benefit some creationists/biblical literalists to 'find' a 2 billion year old footprint (stretch a few old testament ages and hey presto). It also seems possible that natural processes may give rise to what on initial inspection seem to be manmade/crafted objects.

We are told these things have been 'tested' and that "It's impossible for us to recreate these things with our current technology". These same claims were famously made about the so called Crystal Skulls, some of which have now been proven to have been created in the 19th century. All the while, people have been making significant money in writing books on these subjects.

I believe it's in human nature to seek the fantastic in the mundane, and as much as I might like to believe in hidden cities of gold, giants and otherworldy technology I find it very difficult to accept that such things have been successfully hidden from us by shadowy organisations. All it would take would be one person to produce tangible evidence and the whole can of worms would open up. I'm not naive enough to believe we're not lied to on a regular basis but eventually things have a tendency to come out.

To your credit @richyc that you make no specific claims to any of these things, simply trying to keep and open mind and finding your own evidence. I just wonder whether, when one starts looking for patterns in randomness, one invariably finds them.

Interesting thread!

It is an odd situation when creationists make the unlikeliest of 'coincidental allies' when questioning the established knowledge.

Personally, I dont see as artifacts that are millions of years old strengthens their case to anyone that is not a believer. They do have an interest to find such things and evidence to contradict the norm but that is only advantageous to any with open mind only interested in facts.

I view testing in the same way as you. To me it is a way of dispelling the myths or beliefs and leaving the bare bones to be examined. Consider the turin shroud for example, some will never lose their belief and are sure that carbon dating is flawed as a consequence. But for any with an open mind and only interested in fact then the evidence is clear.

It is the few things that can not be explained or do not fit that interest me. The accounts of archaeologists being forced to withdraw their findings because they do not fit. And the evidence of areas being guarded or made off limits or wiped clean. Regardless of the stories about those places the actions of the authorities tell their own tales.

There is metal used in places where it is unexpected, metal used to hold perfectly cut stone blocks together, boats where they shouldnt be, people where they shouldnt be, items like the Antikythera mechanism. There are many things that have been put aside in a box of things that dont fit. There are many more that have been put in boxes and locked away.

HOLA4423

items like the Antikythera mechanism.

Now that truly is a wonderful piece of 'kit'!

Antikythera mechanism

There are many things that have been put aside in a box of things that dont fit. There are many more that have been put in boxes and locked away.

I can't argue with this, though I may draw different conclusions as to 'why'.

HOLA4424

Now that truly is a wonderful piece of 'kit'!

Antikythera mechanism

I can't argue with this, though I may draw different conclusions as to 'why'.

Yes it is. Taking that piece alone, estimated to be from 100bc. How was that estimated? It was found on the sea floor and we have no idea of it's age. We believe that it is from 100bc because that is what we have been told. If I told you that it was from 15,000bc then you would laugh at me but if I walked into the pub and told anyone there that it was from 100bc then so would they.

Where are the predecessors to the device? How could they have had technology then was not seen again for another 1400/1500 years?

I havent drawn any conclusions yet, just offered the most acceptable. Am all ears as to what you may think though.

HOLA4425

I am surprised nobody has mentioned Lloyd Pye and intervention theory yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNGngZsxAhw

Archived