House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

Millions Look To The Lottery To Pull Them Through

The lottery, so whats the answer to having more cash?

Ask for a payrise, take a part time job, be tight with your cash?

Parsimony is a la mode.

Truth be told; it never went out of fashion.

It is said that the lottery is a tax on stupidity - Always found that quite an arrogant comment. I mean your average wage slave is never going to be rich so whats wrong with doing a few quid on the lottery with the abeit small chance of winning the jackpot, besides the money is going to good causes.

and also you could argue that drinking, smoking,. gambling, and lots of other highly taxed products are also taxes on stupidity.

It is said that the lottery is a tax on stupidity - Always found that quite an arrogant comment. I mean your average wage slave is never going to be rich so whats wrong with doing a few quid on the lottery with the abeit small chance of winning the jackpot, besides the money is going to good causes.

and also you could argue that drinking, smoking,. gambling, and lots of other highly taxed products are also taxes on stupidity.

you dont pay tax on gambling.

I must admit it would great to win. I think I would keep it quiet, and just live comfortably off the interest, and not draw too much attention. Not one for spending too much, but it would nice for the financial security.

Be great to go into work, with all the cash in the bank - and just have a good laugh at everyone. How much more fun work would be - without the nagging job insecurity or fear and worry.

you get perhaps 1 minute of anticipation until you realise, it isn't you, again. <_<

Sounds like me on the pull.

Yeah i do too but always forget to buy the f#cking ticket

I buy tickets on the internet via Camelot's website. I don't have to go to a newsagent and mix with the great unwashed that way either.

:(

I am sending you much luck for the next time you venture out. :)

Cheers - but I find lap dancers and working girls fill the gap. :D

I only buy the Euro ones. I guess 20% of my ticket going to eastern european ingrates is marginally more preferable than 20% of the ticket going to Islamist Mixed race lesbian disabled liebour voting british ingrates.

What is wrong with it is that it isn't giving you the best chance as a gambler.Once Camelot have had their sticky fingers in the pot and millions have been doled out to support such working class staples as opera,ballet,modern art etc your chances of a win are a small percentage of feck all.You would be far better to take your quid and try to predict the results of a Premiership weekend on an accumulator.