House Price Crash Forum
LetsGetReadyToTumble

Bad Day At The Auctions

This table is for Redruth. The following day was the Plymouth auction, but I cannot find the results.

There were 13 lots. Normally they have 20 to 30 lots.

On the day, only 2 sold and one was a cheap(?) lot of land.

I see they charge 800 GBP 'Buyers fee'. Is this normal? Seems a bit steep to me.

Here's the link.

http://www.fulfords.co.uk/content/004_Other_Services/001_Auctions/Auction_Results/

Edited by LetsGetReadyToTumble

This table is for Redruth. The following day was the Plymouth auction, but I cannot find the results.

On the day, only 2 sold and one was a cheap? lot of land.

Not much rich pickings for the parasites.

I see they charge 800 quid 'Buyers fee'. Is this normal? Seems a bit steep to me.

Here's the link.

http://www.fulfords....uction_Results/

11 lots- 2 sold prior, 1 sold post, 2 sold at auction and 6 still available. It gives 30% rate which isn't good but it is not bad either.

On the day, only 2 sold and one was a cheap? lot of land.

Not much rich pickings for the parasites.

I see they charge 800 quid 'Buyers fee'. Is this normal? Seems a bit steep to me.

Here's the link.

http://www.fulfords.co.uk/content/004_Other_Services/001_Auctions/Auction_Results/

...surely this is a good day at the auctions for realistic reserves and lower asking prices.... :rolleyes:

11 lots- 2 sold prior, 1 sold post, 2 sold at auction and 6 still available. It gives 30% rate which isn't good but it is not bad either.

11 lots!

These auctions "should" have ten times that, over two days. We've had some threads on it before now, and revisiting just now I see a place I took an interest in has finally - after more than two years - gone SSTC.

Edited by porca misèria

The buyers fee... i have not noticed Fulfords stipulating this previously, but some auction houses particularly one in the N.E. I think its Pattinsons demand a whopping fee, usually minimum 5 grand if I remember correctly.

Fulfords have reduced their guide prices, this does not mean the vendors have reduced their reserve price, bidding has probably not met the reserve on some of these properties.

In Birmingham buyers fees are £395+vat, unless it's a special entry like a council block entry then it can be £795+vat. Not sure of the reasoning behind this.

Prior to 2007 there was no buyers fees at Birmingham auctions, only sellers fees.

To add Brum auctions have been running at about 65% selling all year.

Edited by neil324

I guess they have to get the money somehow if they are not making enough from selling commissions.

I just get this zombie feeling the economy cant sell wont sell.

Someone is going to have to give soon.

Edited by Fromage Frais