House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

200p

1000 People Live In Sewers In Las Vegas

http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/World/Story/A1Story20101105-245887.html

20101105.123520_lv2.jpg

1,000 people live in Las Vegas sewers

About 300 kilometers of complicated sewers lie beneath the glittering lights of Las Vegas. Inhabited by rodents and spiders, the tunnels are also home to 1,000 people, according to news reports.

Could work for the UK, as we are an "overcrowded island?"

Better article:

http://www.tgdaily.com/opinion-features/52353-vegas-tunnel-people-a-sign-of-the-times

Vegas tunnel people a sign of the times?

“These are normal people of all ages who’ve lost their way, generally after a traumatic event.

"Many are war veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress.”

Nobody knows how many children live down there, but O’Brien has said that he has seen toys and teddy bears in the tunnels. He is pretty sure the tunnel dwellers keep the children hidden.

article-1326187-0BE352EC000005DC-532_634x419.jpg

I've seen studio flats, smaller. And thats £500PCM!

This must have already been posted apologies. Daily Mail already covered it 4/11/2010 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1326187/Las-Vegas-tunnel-people-How-1-000-people-live-shimmering-strip.html

I argue with my American mates all the time here in the "Land of the Free" about this country being the finest in the world (according to them) .Notice these guys still have the Stars and Stripes neatly stashed for the 4th July. Nuts.Biggest nut is my American missus. Feckin brainwashed she is.

I argue with my American mates all the time here in the "Land of the Free" about this country being the finest in the world (according to them) .Notice these guys still have the Stars and Stripes neatly stashed for the 4th July. Nuts.Biggest nut is my American missus. Feckin brainwashed she is.

Yeah. Even after spending half my life there the chauvinism of the natives still amazes me. Most of those I know are only a few paychecks from disaster and entering the sewers themselves, but they all believe in the myth of american exceptionalism.

Don't get me wrong though, it is still probably the best place for a potential entrepreneur to be. If you don't mind the 1 in a thousand odds.