House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mikhail Liebenstein

Has Atlantis Been Found By Google Maps

Ok , this is probably some overlay or visual artifact effect etc, ie where images have been joined/merged/overlayed etc.  But go to

maps.google.com and then type in "31.44741,-24.285278"  to the search bar.

Amazingly what looks like a city grid comes up in the middle the sea. Whilst this is probably some sonar/visual artifact, and you could also ask given all our survey ships, submarines, satellites etc why no one spotted this before. Also if this an area the size of Wales, wouldn't that make the streets rather wide?

But it is quite interesting nonetheless and worthy of investigation.

http://www.thesun.co...icle2255989.ece

http://www.telegraph...off-Africa.html

Pretty fascinating stuff, although Google is saying its just the lines of the boat which gathers the data.

Linky

All the stuff i have read about Atlantis assumed that its footprint was a series of concentric circles but i guess nobody really knows if it even existed.

Ok , this is probably some overlay or visual artifact effect etc, ie where images have been joined/merged/overlayed etc.  But go to

maps.google.com and then type in "31.44741,-24.285278"  to the search bar.

Amazingly what looks like a city grid comes up in the middle the sea. Whilst this is probably some sonar/visual artifact, and you could also ask given all our survey ships, submarines, satellites etc why no one spotted this before. Also if this an area the size of Wales, wouldn't that make the streets rather wide?

But it is quite interesting nonetheless and worthy of investigation.

http://www.thesun.co...icle2255989.ece

http://www.telegraph...off-Africa.html

This was from a couple of years ago. Has no-one been down there to have a proper look since then? It was written off at the time as the trail left by a ship using sonar to map the sea floor. My thought back when this was published was that it would have taken a ship several days to travel up and down that far; there's probably the best part of 2,000 miles of lines altogether. I don't believe for a second that it's Atlantis either.

This was from a couple of years ago. Has no-one been down there to have a proper look since then? It was written off at the time as the trail left by a ship using sonar to map the sea floor. My thought back when this was published was that it would have taken a ship several days to travel up and down that far; there's probably the best part of 2,000 miles of lines altogether. I don't believe for a second that it's Atlantis either.

I agree prob. looking for a dropped/lost missile! Nothing to see in my view.

The dark lines are trenches ie dug out.

If they had lighter tops and one side in shadow - it would indicate wall? structures which would be more interesting.

Its going to take along time rewriting history.

That will never happen.

It has taken a long time and a lot of effort to protect our established history.

Much has been hidden/destroyed/buried/retracted etc etc that has proven the history books and established story to be ********. Try a google of forbidden archaeology or archaeological cover up or something like that, I am sure there will be plenty of starting points to go from.

I agree prob. looking for a dropped/lost missile! Nothing to see in my view.

The dark lines are trenches ie dug out.

If they had lighter tops and one side in shadow - it would indicate wall? structures which would be more interesting.

It is 5000m below sea level and you want to see walls?

does anyone really believe that it is a natural occurance?

Pretty fascinating stuff, although Google is saying its just the lines of the boat which gathers the data.

The images are captured by satelite. When I use google earth I can see vehicles on the roads. Why would a car be captured still like in a photograph but a boats wake linger for hours/days?

I don't believe its natural, but I'll keep an open mind. I just can't see how early civilisation just appeared out of nowhere fully formed, there has too of been earlier civilisations.

I don't believe its natural, but I'll keep an open mind. I just can't see how early civilisation just appeared out of nowhere fully formed, there has too of been earlier civilisations.

There were, much earlier, see my post above.

Yes I've read Michael Cremo's book, Maps of the ancient sea kings, ect

I am not familiar with that one but he has written books that go quite deeply into what we are discussing, forbiden archaeology and the hidden history of humans are two that I can think of but there are more.

Cremo is a good place to start and come across a great deal. There is far more though, far more when you start digging.

I should really read this My link

I dont get too excited about atlantis, it is one piece of a puzzle that will fill your kitchen table. I have the edges all in place and am working on the middle of my puzzle.

Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings

In 1958, Hapgood published The Earth's Shifting Crust which denied the existence of continental drift and featured a foreword by Albert Einstein. In Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings (1966) and The Path of the Pole (1970), Hapgood proposed the hypothesis that the Earth's axis has shifted numerous times during geological history.[2] In Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings he supported the suggestion made by Arlington Mallery that a part of the Piri Reis Map was a depiction of the area of Antarctica known as Queen Maud Land. He used this to propose that a 15 degree pole shift occurred around 9,600 BCE (approx. 11,600 years ago) and that a part of the Antarctic was ice-free at that time, and that an ice-age civilization could have mapped the coast. He concludes that "Antarctica was mapped when these parts were free of ice", taking that view that an Antarctic warm period coincided with the last ice age in the Northern hemisphere, and that the Piri Reis and other maps were based on "ancient" maps derived from ice-age originals

Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings

In 1958, Hapgood published The Earth's Shifting Crust which denied the existence of continental drift and featured a foreword by Albert Einstein. In Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings (1966) and The Path of the Pole (1970), Hapgood proposed the hypothesis that the Earth's axis has shifted numerous times during geological history.[2] In Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings he supported the suggestion made by Arlington Mallery that a part of the Piri Reis Map was a depiction of the area of Antarctica known as Queen Maud Land. He used this to propose that a 15 degree pole shift occurred around 9,600 BCE (approx. 11,600 years ago) and that a part of the Antarctic was ice-free at that time, and that an ice-age civilization could have mapped the coast. He concludes that "Antarctica was mapped when these parts were free of ice", taking that view that an Antarctic warm period coincided with the last ice age in the Northern hemisphere, and that the Piri Reis and other maps were based on "ancient" maps derived from ice-age originals

I never read those books but know all of the information well. Seems we are on the same page with this. Have you read Duval etc about the sphinx and giza?

This is all tip of the ice berg stuff though, 10,000bc is potentially very recent history.

I never read those books but know all of the information well. Seems we are on the same page with this. Have you read Duval etc about the sphinx and giza?

This is all tip of the ice berg stuff though, 10,000bc is potentially very recent history.

I remember the tv doc when I was twelve, which set my mind on fire, the pyramids being aligned to orions belt, right.

I remember the tv doc when I was twelve, which set my mind on fire, the pyramids being aligned to orions belt, right.

yes pretty much. That and the alignment of the sphinx along with the effect of weathering from rainfall on it.

All recent stuff though.

Forbidden archaeology goes back millions of years. Artifacts and tools found in sedimentary layers 30-50 million years old. Human hand and foot prints in ancient stone layers, a footprint with a trilobite squashed underneath, a metal hammer etc etc

Are they not waiting for another huge part of the Canaries to break off and slip into the trench (which potentially could Tsunami-flatten everything on America's east coast?

Are they not waiting for another huge part of the Canaries to break off and slip into the trench (which potentially could Tsunami-flatten everything on America's east coast?

oh...i get it.....you want to see the walls when the tsunami takes the water away and the sea bed is dry? :lol:

yes, I believe that this is expected to happen at some time in the future. It will be ok though, America will get their own back when yellowstone eventually blows :)