House Price Crash Forum
mentholist

Bbc Move Form Sales To Lettings

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11796277

Now this really really annoys me. Highly selective but used to push an obvious agenda. This is an attempt to normalise what is at best sharp practice. I mean I'm sure no one would claim artificial scarcity to bid up prices would they?

Also check out the linked articles...... The BBC are a vi propaganda unit.

Absurd notion.

Me: I like it, I'll take it.

EA: Thankyou mr Hirop, it is a sealed bid process to obtain this property, have your submission to us by x date

Me: :lol: No thanks, goodbye, I'll rent somewhere else :lol:

BBC News (TV) are running a piece this morning about sealed bids for renting :rolleyes:.

Complete with smarmy estate agent.

Just saw that. Do they not understand the concept of showing both sides of a story ?

Stated that a third of letting agents say rents are rising. So the other two thirds ? Would they mind telling us what their thoughts were ? Of course not....

And some people still fund the fat-cat salaries of these bozos by paying the TV license... :ph34r:

---

Edited by wise_eagle

Have I missed something or does the one anecdotal they managed to find have them paying around asking price-for a rental? Hardly earth-shattering news..

Absurd notion.

Me: I like it, I'll take it.

EA: Thankyou mr Hirop, it is a sealed bid process to obtain this property, have your submission to us by x date

Me: :lol: No thanks, goodbye, I'll rent somewhere else :lol:

Renting is not like buying a tshirt. You don't just find one that fits, take it to the kind lady and pay for it. It's more like a job interview. In reality it's a long term business arrangement and either party is free to walk away if they don't like what the other has to offer.

The news article in the OP is a non story. When several prospective tenants are interested in a property it has never been the case of first come first served ie. the first to come up with the asking price gets the tenancy. Rather, a competent LA will take the particulars of all interested parties and make an informed choice. And it's not all about money either. The article just seems to be glamourising the process and calling it "sealed bids".

What does seem unlikely is the requirement to pay a holding deposit when an offer (declaration of interest) is made instead of the normal time when an offer is accepted. It's a sharp practice at best, and I suspect its probably illegal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11796277

Now this really really annoys me. Highly selective but used to push an obvious agenda. This is an attempt to normalise what is at best sharp practice. I mean I'm sure no one would claim artificial scarcity to bid up prices would they?

Also check out the linked articles...... The BBC are a vi propaganda unit.

Yeah, I posted a thread on this a couple of days ago, but this is really taking the piss. It is nothing but pure VI spin, it makes me sick to think we pay for this crummy service!

Yeah, I posted a thread on this a couple of days ago, but this is really taking the piss. It is nothing but pure VI spin, it makes me sick to think we pay for this crummy service!

Speak for yourself, I'm not paying them a single penny (and never have). :P

---

Edited by wise_eagle

Speak for yourself, I'm not paying them a single penny (and never have). :P

---

We should all go on a licence strike until they obey their own charter on impartiality, its reminiscent of a kafka influenced nightmare; getting us to pay for our own brainwashing ! There was an excellent example of this in the telegraph this week; whatever your views on the paper or the subject the BBC's agenda and supercillious attitude are laid bare! Again the Vested interests of the over paid management of the Beeb are looked after!

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100064423/on-the-anniversary-of-climategate-the-watermelons-show-their-true-colours/

Damn.

You cannot complain about the BBC via OFCOM!!

I was setting up an HPC Task of the Day

Complaints for the BBC are handled by the BBC Trust!

BBC News is notoriously biased both politically and commercially. Companies obviously find it easy to "plant" a news story saying "buy this". It is incredible they can get away with it without declaring the conflicts of interest. At least when the weather forecast is sposored by clarityn, you kind of know the pollen count is going to high.

I remember the "win a house" raffle a couple of years ago where the couple running the "raffle" got a 15 minute slot on BBC Breakfast with Bill and Sian showing off the prize and saying what a great opportunity it was for someone to win an amazing house. When I checked the news website there was even a link to the entry page for the draw, so you could submit your credit card details directly through the BBC News website. I did complain at the time but didn't even get a reply. It's just accepted as normal.

To complain about the BBC you can only do it via the BBC. It seems it could be a worthless task but if enough of us do it continually maybe it might make a difference. Doing nothing certainly won't change anything!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/homepage/

Complaints about incorrect "facts" on web pages are often fruitful

I myself have had one corrected within hours of a complaint and I've read of cases of others achieving simiar. Though whether complaining about the complete MO of a page will achieve the same result is perhaps doubtful

tim

Complaints about incorrect "facts" on web pages are often fruitful

I myself have had one corrected within hours of a complaint and I've read of cases of others achieving simiar. Though whether complaining about the complete MO of a page will achieve the same result is perhaps doubtful

tim

Its time the BBC has some courage and allowed comments on it news stories. Most newspaper sites allow comments, even the Daily Wail, so why not the BBC?

There is an upside to them running this kind of story, all those LLs who are suffering voids will begin to feel desperate. Its like there stupid story about tenants having their finances checked, they wait till they get into the story before revealing it'll only apply to social housing tenants.

Their standards in everything are so amateurish just like the first picture they chose to use in their web article, so childish.

We should all go on a licence strike until they obey their own charter on impartiality, its reminiscent of a kafka influenced nightmare; getting us to pay for our own brainwashing ! There was an excellent example of this in the telegraph this week; whatever your views on the paper or the subject the BBC's agenda and supercillious attitude are laid bare! Again the Vested interests of the over paid management of the Beeb are looked after!

http://blogs.telegra...r-true-colours/

You should do what I did and throw the bloody box in the bin. That way you can go on a licence fee payers' strike and they legally can't touch you.

After the initial shock of not having a magic lantern in your life, you find that there are other more interesting things to do of an evening.

Just seen an unbelievable report on the BBC about sealed bid on rental properties. TOTAL BULLS**T!!

Its obvious that the housing benefit cuts have shaken the BTLs, and they're trying to stir up a "percieved wisdom" amongst the media that their rents are rising because of...... wait for it......."shortage of supply".

Edited by worst time buyer