House Price Crash Forum

Is The Itv Evening News Usually Rubbish?

Starcrossed

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Out of all the human activities why should 'sport' be tagged on at the end of each and every news broadcast. Instead of "news and sport" why not "news and personal finance" or "news and property" or "news and children" or "news and education" or "news and celebrities" or "news and music" or even "news and stamp collecting". But, I guess, all we will ever get is "news and sport".

HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest The dude

Did anybodys life change when they heard that England had won the Ashes? I have to confess that despite the media's persuasive powers, mine didn't. I feel really guilty that I cannot share in this great nations collective fervour for this victory....I feel such a silly mid-off.

HOLA447
ITN has become a poor imitation of "John Craven's Newsround".I rarely watch it.

I don't watch ITV; full stop.

As I don't like Emmerdale, Coronation Street, The Bill, cd:uk, Taggart, This Morning, The Planets Funniest Animals, The X Factor, You've Been Framed, Ant & Dec, etc etc... :ph34r:

HOLA448
Did anybodys life change when they heard that England had won the Ashes? I have to confess that despite the media's persuasive powers, mine didn't. I feel really guilty that I cannot share in this great nations collective fervour for this victory....I feel such a silly mid-off.

I feel the same way. People are acting like Northern Ireland did. The "minnows" beat the "Big Boys". It's pathetic. Worth celebrating if it's ever the world cup, but, Cricket? Pathetic.

HOLA449

I am very happy with what happened just lets get it in perspective, hey.

BTW Mrs Starcrossed is obsessed with cricket as a result of this series and it looks like she may agree to us going to Australia next November to watch a test match and in return she would agree for us not to buy a house until 2007. A good investment, eh.

Edited by Starcrossed

HOLA4410

BTW Mrs Starcrossed is obsessed with cricket as a result of this series and it looks like she may agree to us going to Australia next November to watch a test match and in return would we would not buy a house until 2007. A good investment, eh.

This obsession won't last. People at work today were telling me cricket is the new football. Well, i said, remember Johnny Wilkinson? Whatever happened to him & Rugby which was gonna be the new football as well?

HOLA4411
Guest The dude

BTW Mrs Starcrossed is obsessed with cricket as a result of this series and it looks like she may agree to us going to Australia next November to watch a test match and in return she would agree for us not to buy a house until 2007. A good investment, eh.

Every man to himself....but just wondering what it is about cricket that you find so enthralling....I played it as a kid ( I was a great spinner). Nowadays it just leaves me bewildered.....Starcrossed, what's the attraction?

HOLA4412
Every man to himself....but just wondering what it is about cricket that you find so enthralling....I played it as a kid ( I was a great spinner). Nowadays it just leaves me bewildered.....Starcrossed, what's the attraction?

The psychology. There are so many elements that make up the game. Hope, fear, anger, denial...just like HPC.

I had to say that because I was worried that my thread about cricket taking over from economics was in turn being taken over by cricket.

Still, I stand by the psychology bit.

HOLA4413
Guest The dude
The psychology. There are so many elements that make up the game. Hope, fear, anger, denial...just like HPC.

I had to say that because I was worried that my thread about cricket taking over from economics was in turn being taken over by cricket.

Still, I stand by the psychology bit.

Thanks!

HOLA4414

Bread and circuses.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Guest tenant super
I feel the same way. People are acting like Northern Ireland did. The "minnows" beat the "Big Boys". It's pathetic. Worth celebrating if it's ever the world cup, but, Cricket? Pathetic.

The media hyped it all up, there were 25,000 people is all. On a sunny day in London most of them would have been around anyway. Only dole scum, students and menopausal women made the effort.

Don't get me wrong it was a terrific series and I'm pleased but really, it's only those with the pictures to flog who are getting carried away.

ps In much the same way, I doubt many Norn Iron folk really care too much, was just an excuse for a knees up.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
"

Ah I see!... thanks for sharing that......apologies Duke of Hazzard for doubting you! ...never heard of that expression before.....

Well I've used it several times on here!

Of course to suit the times perhaps it should be changed to "Panini and Big Brother".

HOLA4420
Guest User Name

My mum won't let me watch ITV. She thinks it will corrupt me. But sometimes, when she leaves the room, I switch over to to Rainbow when I should be watching Playschool. That Bungle is a riot!

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
My mum won't let me watch ITV.  She thinks it will corrupt me.  But sometimes, when she leaves the room, I switch over to to Rainbow when I should be watching Playschool.  That Bungle is a riot!

And Zippy is a little bit too cheeky, is Pigeon Street on after :):)

I almost forgot Banana Man! Gee, how they named these shows for us to appreciate when we grew up.

rainbow_all_1024.jpg

post-2525-1126672561_thumb.jpg

Edited by BuyingBear

HOLA4423

My father spent most of his life working for ITN. It used to compete with the Beeb for quality and coverage. He spent many of his years at trouble spots around the world, he shot the footage of the Iranian embassy seige, the poll tax riots, belfast, bosnia, the Lebanon (where he was shot) and the Falklands (plus much more). The people that worked for ITN where dedicated to providing a broadsheet service.

Unfortunately the accountants got in charge. The networks took control and told them to compete with Sky not the BBC (or sky would get the contract), they influence the editorial content hugely and starve ITN of cash. Its much cheaper to send a news team to trafalgar square from the Gray's Inn Road than to Belfast.

If you don't like it write to them and ITV! They think you don't care and want News for the Hard Of Thinking.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425