House Price Crash Forum
Scott Sando

$500 Silver ( Buy One Oz To Take Down J P Morgan)

I must say, Max strikes me as a complete goof-ball, but this campaign is almost pure genius. If only J P Morgan were into shorting chocolate it would be AAA perfect*. "Eat chocolate and bring down JP Morgan!" Or, for the ladies, shoes. Imagine if J P Morgan were shorting ladies shoes. "Buy shoes! Bring down J P Morgan!"

* Maybe "Eat chocolate, bring down Goldman Sachs!" might just top it, but Blair has worked for Morgan's so I find it difficult to choose.

Theres a chap called Ted Butler who has followed this for years.

I think the exchanges publish the short positions open each month, as well as the bullion banks public financial accounts.

Its no big secret they are short, but I suppose if you wrote to them to demand why (in a Daily Mail style complaint), they'll say they are not at liberty to disclose!

Andrew McGuire, whistle-blower on market manipulation, injured in hit-and-run accident

Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:04 CDTDuckxtales

Gold is Money Interesting turn of events.... TPTB are not happy. Its either they silence him now, or else things would get out of hand if this hits the mainstream media. Just imagine him being interviewed on all the independent newspapers. the only way he can save his life now is go viral with his message with the help of the gold bugs.

Quote:

Le Metropole Members,

On March 25th at the CFTC Public Hearing on Precious Metals GATA made a dramatic revelation of a whistleblower source, Andrew Maguire, who has first hand evidence of gold and silver market manipulation by JPMorganChase and who has even tipped off the CFTC in advance of manipulative attacks on gold and silver. Just as in the Madoff case the regulator has done nothing to stop such manipulation.

On March 26th while out shopping with his wife, Mr. Maguire's car was hit by a car careening out of a side road. The driver of the vehicle then tried to escape. When a pedestrian eye-witness attempted to block the driver's escape he accelerated at him and would have hit him had the pedestrian not jumped out of the way. The car then hit two other cars in escaping. The driver was apprehended by the police after police helicopters were called in and following a high speed chase.

Andrew and his wife were hospitalized with minor injuries. They were discharged from hospital today and should make a full recovery.

Cheers

Adrian

Midas note: You have to be kidding me ... Another

Coincidence!

Latest, 2 hours ago

http://thenewsportalonline.com/jp-morgan-and-500-silver/114804/

A new viral internet campaign to virtually bankrupt a massive investment unit is under way. It is commonly referred to as the “$500 silver” campaign. This is being carried out by encouraging everyone to buy at least one ounce of silver, which would increase the demand for the metal and increase the price.

When the demand for silver starts to rise and the price goes up then JP Morgan will have to start accounting for their short sale funds on silver.

I see lots of people saying this...wheres the evidence JP morgan is shorting it?

Sorry to be so cynical.

JP might be short but somehow I don't think they will be caught out by this. I'm sure that they are hedged in some way to offset losses.

But Keiser, that's another matter. I'm sure he and his cronies stand to make a lot of money from this.

That's why Alex Jones is so luke warm about it, if you know what I mean. I think he see's through the ploy.

Sorry to be so cynical.

JP might be short but somehow I don't think they will be caught out by this. I'm sure that they are hedged in some way to offset losses.

But Keiser, that's another matter. I'm sure he and his cronies stand to make a lot of money from this.

That's why Alex Jones is so luke warm about it, if you know what I mean. I think he see's through the ploy.

hedged in the same way that GS were when they had to get Brown to sell 200t of gold to dump the price and save them from going under?

this isnt some daft conspiracy. Net longs and shorts can be seen on open interest reports. Traders know who is long and short of what.

Keiser is an idiot but not daft enough to think that he can talk the market up and profit from it. The silver market can be manipulated by banks who can deal in hundreds of thousands of ounces, not by a mass protest.

Jones is a nut too but I think he is luke warm because he understands the slim chance of this actually happening rather than seeing it as a scam.

Latest, 2 hours ago

http://thenewsportalonline.com/jp-morgan-and-500-silver/114804/

A new viral internet campaign to virtually bankrupt a massive investment unit is under way. It is commonly referred to as the “$500 silver” campaign. This is being carried out by encouraging everyone to buy at least one ounce of silver, which would increase the demand for the metal and increase the price.

When the demand for silver starts to rise and the price goes up then JP Morgan will have to start accounting for their short sale funds on silver.

Another pyramid, but spread around enough, with a huge base, it could last a long time indeed.

Edited by GinAndPlatonic

hedged in the same way that GS were when they had to get Brown to sell 200t of gold to dump the price and save them from going under?

this isnt some daft conspiracy. Net longs and shorts can be seen on open interest reports. Traders know who is long and short of what.

Keiser is an idiot but not daft enough to think that he can talk the market up and profit from it. The silver market can be manipulated by banks who can deal in hundreds of thousands of ounces, not by a mass protest.

Jones is a nut too but I think he is luke warm because he understands the slim chance of this actually happening rather than seeing it as a scam.

Hi Ricyhc: If you can profit from it, go for it...

I think Keiser knows exactly what he's doing in talking the market up. He's from Wall Steet, he's an ex-hedge fund manager. I could see hesitation in Jone's eyes through the entire gambit.

JPM has $60 trillion on the books. I don't think that the silver market is big enough to bring them down.

Some of these guys like the Brit and Yank in the videos might be dealers. You just don't know.

I do watch all these, I find them entertaining.

The bullion banks are backed by infinite credit lines by the FED. They will never default, nor will they have to forcibly deliver physical. They can payout cash. Also, margin requirements will be raised, and the exchanges can force to accept sell-only orders (no more longs).

This has already happened with palladium and nickel in the past - long speculators on margin got creamed. The Hunt brothers in the 80s and silver got creamed.

Sure, ride the wave up - but prepare to parachute out with the profits!

Whatever the motives of the protagonists think about this : ordinary people parting with hard cash in the midst of spending cuts, simply because they think there is a slim chance it will hurt JP Morgan. And this : not so ordinary people parting with hard cash in the midst of spending cuts, simply because they think there is a slim chance it will hurt JP Morgan. One of those Youtubers looked a right Moaty, if you get my drift.

B)

Hi Ricyhc: If you can profit from it, go for it...

I think Keiser knows exactly what he's doing in talking the market up. He's from Wall Steet, he's an ex-hedge fund manager. I could see hesitation in Jone's eyes through the entire gambit.

JPM has $60 trillion on the books. I don't think that the silver market is big enough to bring them down.

Some of these guys like the Brit and Yank in the videos might be dealers. You just don't know.

I do watch all these, I find them entertaining.

The silver market is too big for this to work and I agree, far too small to bring down jpm.

If he managed to get silver to $500 that would put the Gold/Silver ratio at 2.7. Could you imagine swapping 3 silver eagles for a Krugerrand? Me neither :lol:

People buying an ounce of silver each is not going to drive the price of gold anywhere. So the ratio is all that will change.

If the GSR drops then many silver holders will sell and swap for gold. Others will take profit as the silver price rises. All of that selling will only drive prices one way.

This daft idea is doomed on so many fundamental levels.

Edited by richyc

This daft idea is doomed on so many fundamental levels.

Really? Oh, you mean "financially doomed". In case you didn't know, that's just one level.

Guest spp

I think we may have ourselves some naked short bullion banksters on HPC.

I find it amazing how some people spend so much time posting about something they consider to be a bad investment.

Silver the investment if the decade? Let us find out.

Now get back to those bits of paper and fantasy trading accounts little kids.

I think we may have ourselves some naked short bullion banksters on HPC.

I find it amazing how some people spend so much time posting about something they consider to be a bad investment.

Silver the investment if the decade? Let us find out.

Now get back to those bits of paper and fantasy trading accounts little kids.

I almost hope that he pulls it off, I have kilo's that I would gladly unload and replace with gold at a ratio of 3:1.

The historical average being 15:1 and not seen for many years doesnt bode well for the plan though

Guest spp

I almost hope that he pulls it off, I have kilo's that I would gladly unload and replace with gold at a ratio of 3:1.

The historical average being 15:1 and not seen for many years doesnt bode well for the plan though

If you had cared to listen he actually said the ratio would get to 20-1.

I wouldn't like to put an actual figure on anything, but his $10,000 - $500 sounds a bit extreme to me. Yes he sounds a bit extrovert but he's simply trying to provide the tipping point for the end of the price suppression (something he understands).

Homework - http://harveyorgan.blogspot.com/

$5000/$250 or $2500/$125?? I wouldn't argue with it. There's a lot of $'s sloshing around the world looking for a home.

Silver is its own little beast IMO and I wouldn't really pay too much attention to the ratio, for now.

Max and Alex have for years been getting a lot of their information from someone who actually knows what he's talking about. And he's been proven correct already!

BOB CHAPMAN

Ted Butlers been tracking the suppression for years -

More homework - http://www.investmentrarities.com/tbarchives.shtml

If you had cared to listen he actually said the ratio would get to 20-1.

I wouldn't like to put an actual figure on anything, but his $10,000 - $500 sounds a bit extreme to me. Yes he sounds a bit extrovert but he's simply trying to provide the tipping point for the end of the price suppression (something he understands).

Homework - http://harveyorgan.blogspot.com/

$5000/$250 or $2500/$125?? I wouldn't argue with it. There's a lot of $'s sloshing around the world looking for a home.

Silver is its own little beast IMO and I wouldn't really pay too much attention to the ratio, for now.

Max and Alex have for years been getting a lot of their information from someone who actually knows what he's talking about. And he's been proven correct already!

BOB CHAPMAN

Ted Butlers been tracking the suppression for years -

More homework - http://www.investmentrarities.com/tbarchives.shtml

I did listen but the fact is that each of us buying 1oz of silver is not going to move the price of gold. Gold will increase but only due to seasonal factors, it will not get anywhere near $10,000.

So, from the logical assumption that gold will remain at a similar price to what it is now - silver at $500 gives a very low ratio. It gives a ratio that looks completely unrealistic. I would love to see 20:1 and may do in my life time but I have no doubt at all that it will not be as a result of keiser's plan.

I like silver and believe in it having the prospect for a really good run but it is a dangerous little beast. Those spare $ looking for somewhere to hide are unlikely to seek safety in silver. When things turn sour and liquidity leaves the markets silver drops like a brick.

I would not recommend anyone taking their eye of the ratio, even if the do not trade it ( like I do).

Silver really is the investment du jour, I've never seen so many silver coins on goldline, they're really pushing them with big bulk discounts. I

n the mid term it's headed for twenty quid an ounce, but once the feeding frenzy is over and they start being sold back to the dealers, watch those spreads widen... you'll be lucky to get 80% of market value!

It's a good bandwagon to jump on at the moment, the poor man's gold. But it just smells a bit fishy to me.... unless you can avoid the VAT you're going to be waiting a while to get your cash back...

It's a good bandwagon to jump on at the moment, the poor man's gold. But it just smells a bit fishy to me.... unless you can avoid the VAT you're going to be waiting a while to get your cash back...

Just wondering why you're thinking the above? (Recently purchased my 1st kilo).

Be rest assured I'm no expert but as I see it...

More VAT added in Jan so value will be added then.

Demand is outstripping supply.

It's already been heavily mined so mineral stocks are low.

It has many many industrial uses so shoud be in high demand when (if!) global industry / manufacture picks up.

And as you say, poor mans gold, with less confidence in traditional investment / the banking system, more & more joe blogs like me will be looking to get into PMs and slver is "affordable".

As a long term investment, I'm hopefull!