House Price Crash Forum

The Banker

HOLA441

Whatever. They have to meet their maker, too, just like everyone else.

But "they", whoever they are, are probably right to hold the masses in utter contempt. Since being a young 'un, I have always found it bizarre that the millions are ordered around by the very few and meekly go about the daily grind without question, weighed down by laws, taxes, rules, authorities, taxes, restrictions, violations of liberties, taxes, petty officialdom, taxes, enforcement officers, clamping cowboys, taxes, threats, coercion, taxes, regulations, government lies and deceit. Oh, and taxes.

Think they call it demokrasee. Summink like that anyway.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Whatever. They have to meet their maker, too, just like everyone else.

But "they", whoever they are, are probably right to hold the masses in utter contempt. Since being a young 'un, I have always found it bizarre that the millions are ordered around by the very few and meekly go about the daily grind without question, weighed down by laws, taxes, rules, authorities, taxes, restrictions, violations of liberties, taxes, petty officialdom, taxes, enforcement officers, clamping cowboys, taxes, threats, coercion, taxes, regulations, government lies and deceit. Oh, and taxes.

Think they call it demokrasee. Summink like that anyway.

So, I take it you would approve of violent resistance to rich bankers and industrialists, aided and abbetted by their administrators otherwise known as your government, selling your kid's futures down the river since this would represent the "millions" refusing to meekly go about the daily grind that has been laid out for them?

Edited by tallguy

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Not going to happen, though, is it?

It's the boiling-frog syndrome

The plan is to boil us slowly enough that we won't complain.

What is needed is for a sudden and severe negative turn of events.

Also, a few more really big f*ck-off riots wouldn't go amiss.

There is hope.

Edited by tallguy

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

It is just to try and stir up hatred for bankers - why else bring the nazis into it.

The bankers have even less control than mr average. They are spinning into chaos.

So, an uber-rich banking executive working for Goldman Sachs, whose bonus last year was in the multi-million dollars and who has the ear of presidents, has less control than Mr average?

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

So, I take it you would approve of violent resistance to rich bankers and industrialists, aided and abbetted by their administrators otherwise known as your government, selling your kid's futures down the river since this would represent the "millions" refusing to meekly go about the daily grind that has been laid out for them?

Possibly. Most probably not, as passive resistance, non compliance, refusing to vote and give them the power they crave, probably more effective. Violent protest gives them the excuse for more police state type laws and strong arm tactics. They have all the guns.

HOLA4415

Possibly. Most probably not, as passive resistance, non compliance, refusing to vote and give them the power they crave, probably more effective. Violent protest gives them the excuse for more police state type laws and strong arm tactics. They have all the guns.

So, to summarise:

When the people passively take it up the *rse you despise them. But, if they put up a fight, you suddenly become squeamish.

You have the mind of a slave.

Wake up

Edited by tallguy

HOLA4416

So, to summarise:

When the people passively take it up the *rse you despise them. But, if they put up a fight, you suddenly become squeamish.

Wake up

To be fair simple rioting is easy for governments to handle. It is usually poorly directed and quite literally burns itself after a while. All the state needs is to wait for people to tire of mindless destruction as happened in 1981. If you want to discomfert the rich and powerful you are going to have to do more than torch your local High Street. After all none of the elites are likely to be shopping there.

What the rich really fear is that one day the poor will rise up and take their money away from them. A more focussed attack on the system is required which is why the idea of the plebs simply refusing to play the game by handing over what cash they have to the financial system is actually a more radical option. Forcing bank runs to crash the system as suggested by certain people in France may sound like a crazy idea but it is likely to concentrate the minds of your rulers more than setting fire to Tescos or smashing the windows of Tory HQ.

Edited by realcrookswearsuits

HOLA4417

So, to summarise:

Wake up

I can sympathise with your passionate arguments, but it is the case that 6000 years of civilisation has selected for members of homo sapiens sapiens who are better at conciliation rather than confrontation.

The benefits of a meek and trusting populace is obvious when you compare it with hunter gatherers or primitive agriculturalists like the Yanomami where violence accounts for nearly half of all male deaths.

The trend towards non-violence has been steep throughout recorded history and I am sure that there is a genetic basis for the current malaise you disparage.

HOLA4418

So, to summarise:

Wake up

So you feel the best way to "put up a fight" is to mindlessly torch, lay waste and destroy and if I don't agree with you I have the mind of a slave? There are more subtle, more effective and more intelligent ways to take on the powers that be. I'm up for the fight alright. It's a question of what might work best.

You are a simpleton. You are dismissed.

HOLA4419

To be fair simple rioting is easy for governments to handle. It is usually poorly directed and quite literally burns itself after a while. All the state needs is to wait for people to tire of mindless destruction as happened in 1981. If you want to discomfert the rich and powerful you are going to have to do more than torch your local High Street. After all none of the elites are likely to be shopping there.

What the rich really fear is that one day the poor will rise up and take their money away from them. A more focussed attack on the system is required which is why the idea of the plebs simply refusing to play the game by handing over what cash they have to the financial system is actually a more radical option. Forcing bank runs to crash the system as suggested by certain people in France may sound like a crazy idea but it is likely to concentrate the minds of your rulers more than setting fire to Tescos or smashing the windows of Tory HQ.

Well said.

HOLA4420

And what do you think they will do in response to your refusal to play the game by their rules? Do you really beleive that they will roll over and accept the game is over? Because you should know that they won't. You will be forced to comply if deemed necessary. At which point you have to decide what you are really prepared to do. You can't avoid this choice. Perhaps you may decide that resistance is futile and choose to comply. Perhaps not.

Soon enough, though, it is a choice that all of us will have to face.

Edited by tallguy

HOLA4421

And the solution is certainly not to let your government use this as an excuse to introduce a global taxation system. We all know where that ends. The French solution is an no go either. We don't want our savings to evaporate by causing a global banking crash.

A better strategy is to set up community banks or to align smaller banks with the community (difficult in Europe but there are still over 7000 smaller banks in the US).

Then transfer your money from the big boys to your community bank. It is not the banking system per se that is the problem it is the uber globals. Target the collective banking interests of the InterAlpha Group for a start. In the US, wall street needs to be the target.

HOLA4422

Utter rubbish. The general public do know that they are controlled and they dint really care. The other thing to point out is that these masters who have control, which I accept has an element of thruth has generally improved the quality of life for many. Let's face it wasn't that long ago that families often lost a child or two at an early age to disease . Say what you want for runaway house prices but it also wasnt long ago that this country was full of slums , I know many will say modern slave boxes are not much better but the state of housing in not only this country but in many just a few decades ago was terrible. If they were hellbent on us all turning our toes up and living miserable lives then they simply would have maintained the level but clearly things have improved.

I do understand that my pure existence supports the banks., but as long as I have an overall good quality of life I don't care, what would my options be otherwise.....

All I want is lower housing costs , life really is not that bad. Also you are asking too much to expect to have an average job with low enough living costs with plenty of money left to spend on loose women and fast cars. Instead be happy that some months we have additional luxuries and done months we don't.

I think the biggest issue with this site and where our credibilty is stretched , is that we seem to want it all which is exactly what wd ridicule the masses for. Life is not fair and it never will be, you have the haves, the have a little less and the have-nots. But as a salesman , office manager , bus driver etc , we are never going to own the best of everything , the bubble gave that illusionsnd that is why the masses are reluctant to let this go, but it will. We cannot, being in similar positions then expect we will all be better off , because we won't , this is playing out now , with new lending criteria prices will fall but maybe a number of hpcers will end up not being able to buy.

HOLA4423

Utter rubbish. The general public do know that they are controlled and they dint really care. The other thing to point out is that these masters who have control, which I accept has an element of thruth has generally improved the quality of life for many. Let's face it wasn't that long ago that families often lost a child or two at an early age to disease . Say what you want for runaway house prices but it also wasnt long ago that this country was full of slums , I know many will say modern slave boxes are not much better but the state of housing in not only this country but in many just a few decades ago was terrible. If they were hellbent on us all turning our toes up and living miserable lives then they simply would have maintained the level but clearly things have improved.

I do understand that my pure existence supports the banks., but as long as I have an overall good quality of life I don't care, what would my options be otherwise.....

All I want is lower housing costs , life really is not that bad. Also you are asking too much to expect to have an average job with low enough living costs with plenty of money left to spend on loose women and fast cars. Instead be happy that some months we have additional luxuries and done months we don't.

I think the biggest issue with this site and where our credibilty is stretched , is that we seem to want it all which is exactly what wd ridicule the masses for. Life is not fair and it never will be, you have the haves, the have a little less and the have-nots. But as a salesman , office manager , bus driver etc , we are never going to own the best of everything , the bubble gave that illusionsnd that is why the masses are reluctant to let this go, but it will. We cannot, being in similar positions then expect we will all be better off , because we won't , this is playing out now , with new lending criteria prices will fall but maybe a number of hpcers will end up not being able to buy.

The technical advances which made a higher standard of living cheaper weren't caused by politicians - even in incredibly oppressive regimes, technology improves people's standard of living - even they can't stop the march of progress. People aren't on the whole asking that they have the best of everything. but that they be reasonably secure in their persons; that people not, as a default, be in situation where they can be moved on by somebody else within 30 days or have a mountain of unmanageable debt which is a payment for being able to stay. The thing is, this basic, underlying insecurity/ threat situation hasn't changed one jot for quite a while. Many things have been reformed and many new toys and comforts have been added, but very little, solid, unrepealable progress has been made on the issue of people's right to be here; their fundamental security of person; and we can expect very little progress on this front in the future (unless some of the victims make a noise)

Edited by Stars

HOLA4424

But isn't a right to he here simply something humankind has invented? There is no right in nature and unfortunately and rightly so , humans have created a system of rights , but it isn't perfect , not I's the system overall perfect. Life is a massive social experiment, ithad to be that way because we or rather they hVe had to implement rules to try and make everything work. Say what you want about the system , it has problems many of which are a product if the se do called puppett masters , but on balance we have some freedom, go back a bit in history or go to a country wartorn or run by drug barons etc, they are far more violent with horrendous living standards, these human systems are not perfect, in nature we would have to fight for our territory, defend our families etc, but humans have changed it and we are learning to control it.

Flipping this back to hpcers , I just think we sometimes lose perspective. And before we no it we have been bitter for a decade before we realise life is tough and unfair and always will be.

My view anyway.

HOLA4425

But isn't a right to he here simply something humankind has invented? There is no right in nature and unfortunately and rightly so , humans have created a system of rights , but it isn't perfect , not I's the system overall perfect. Life is a massive social experiment, ithad to be that way because we or rather they hVe had to implement rules to try and make everything work. Say what you want about the system , it has problems many of which are a product if the se do called puppett masters , but on balance we have some freedom, go back a bit in history or go to a country wartorn or run by drug barons etc, they are far more violent with horrendous living standards, these human systems are not perfect, in nature we would have to fight for our territory, defend our families etc, but humans have changed it and we are learning to control it.

Flipping this back to hpcers , I just think we sometimes lose perspective. And before we no it we have been bitter for a decade before we realise life is tough and unfair and always will be.

My view anyway.

The rise in living standards have nothing to do with the landlords. It has everything to do with the rise in the industrial use of resources. If anything, landlordism has hindered progress, not facillitated it.

And, now, as the resources are beginning to fail to meet demand, do you suppose those at the top of the table will continue to throw us the same amount of crumbs whilst knowing that their share must dimninish in order to do so? Of course they wont. At least not unless they are forced to. If the last two or three years does not demonstrate that I don't know what will.

Take a look at Ireland as just one example. Irish banks went crazy and lent too much money. They are now all bust. What should happen now is that they should pay for their mistakes. Instead, the Irish people are expected to allow their government to borrow an unimaginable amount money from the EU and the IMF, in turn condemning Irish kids as yet unborn to a lifetime of debt slavery, all in order to save some European bond holders from taking a haircut.

And yes, I am aware that if they let the banks fail this may well spread across to the banks in other countries. Quite apart from the fact that this is not for the Irish people to resolve, I would also contend that this is what needs to happen. Life would be horrible for a time and then the system could rebuild. All that is happening now is that long-term deprivation for the majority is being engineered so that a minority do not have to shoulder any of the pain.

Edited by tallguy