House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jester

Something That I Have Noticed Down My Way..............

I think that this is a good sign. I'm going to look at some properties this morning. Wish me luck.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Good luck! If they have started to reduce prices, remember they might find they have to reduce them more in a few weeks / months.

I think that this is a good sign. I'm going to look at some properties this morning. Wish me luck.

Has anyone else noticed this?

yes i have heard this, one of the places i go with work, a woman there her son and his wife bought a new build for 197k in feb of this year, next door bought 194k in june,

spetember they reduced the last house (same as the others) to 180k, (they are both very very pist off with this) then they reduced it to 160k, then last week when i was there again she told me they have reduced it to offers over 150k, she said they were trying to look at legal action!!! i said what a shame it was, how they have just thrown 50k down the drain. got outside and laughed.

IMO it is still over priced at 150k,

Oh yes I know exactly what you mean.

I've been watching house prices for a while now - I am looking to buy.

There is one builder here that builds to a high quality but their houses are competatively priced those are the ones that I am going to see today.

But last week I went to look at a less well build property. Tthey're selling the show house - and very nice it is too.

They're asking reduced price of £180,000 - I offered £150,000. I offered £150,000 because there will be nothing to do when I move in. But £150,000 is generous IMO.

My offer was not accepted. So I'm still watching ;-)

Oh yes I know exactly what you mean.

I've been watching house prices for a while now - I am looking to buy.

There is one builder here that builds to a high quality but their houses are competatively priced those are the ones that I am going to see today.

But last week I went to look at a less well build property. Tthey're selling the show house - and very nice it is too.

They're asking reduced price of £180,000 - I offered £150,000. I offered £150,000 because there will be nothing to do when I move in. But £150,000 is generous IMO.

My offer was not accepted. So I'm still watching ;-)

if they reduced it to 180k and this is their first reduction, i think they will be thinking about your 150k, would not suprise me if you got it for that.

what was it before the reduction to 180k ?

if they reduced it to 180k and this is their first reduction, i think they will be thinking about your 150k, would not suprise me if you got it for that.

what was it before the reduction to 180k ?

This builder has just reduced all of their properties (I think) by £10,000

Oh and by the way I went to see some other new properties and said to the sales lady they I thought that they were over priced by a lot. the poor woman looked really down. I felt sorry for her. Usually these sales advisors are trained to counteract such comments but she didn't even try. Bless.

i made a tentative offer to her too which was politely rejected.

All of these properties have been available for ages. I was shown round the same property last week that I looked at at least 9 months ago.

10k is nothing of a reduction,

i would stick with your 150k still sounds too much to me, but you might get it at that. it is only about a 25% reduction,

which is getting quite normal in some places

Yeah you're right.

i didn't bother going out this morning. £150,000 is a lot to pay for a rabbit hutch on a postage stamp. There are far better 2nd hand houses on the market. But I think that I'll wait a while yet and let prices drop even more :-)

I've noticed,in quite a few areas, house prices are twice what they should be and people buying them really need their head examined.

Anyone else noticed this ?

:lol:

I've noticed,in quite a few areas, house prices are twice what they should be and people buying them really need their head examined.

Anyone else noticed this ?

No, in London they are about three times what they should be.