House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Uk Financial Crisis

Just seen the british news....Ireland financial crisis..summarised as people withdrawing their money from banks....hopefully wont start a run....

How long till we see the headline...UK financial crisis....

My advice...dont panic....panic first!!!!

3rd funiest thing i've seen tnis week :lol:

1st was the post about someone loosing money on their house after doing it up

2nd was the tax payer being hit for the cost of a royal wedding and people asking for a public holiday....f**king pay for your own wedding like the rest of us and no, we cant afford another f@@king public holiday!!

Austerity is only for the poor.

We are seeeing the crisis play out before our eyes, however just as before when people laughed when we suggested house prices do NOT always go up they atre now ignorant to the coming bank failure disaster. this house of cards is getting increasingly tall........it will take but a breath of wind to bring it down!

I here the depressingly common response of " they wont let it happen" all over again!

We here all know whats coming...........

It really looks like it's happening very quickly, thought we'd get to 2012 before the sh1t really hit the fan. Having a hell of a time getting my Dad to listen to me and take some serious defensive financial action. He jokes about losing everything he's worked for like it doesn't matter. Told him he won't be laughing when he's lost the fruits of a life time of work and has to look forward to a relatively impoverished 30 years of retirement. Will also mean the 'pension' I'm counting on going up in smoke :blink:

He thinks buying a handful of Sovs is enough. Been on at him for 18 months to sort it out, he won't believe the writing on the wall until trusty news at 10 tell him everything is f4cked, by which time it'll all be too late. :(

Edited by General Congreve

twenty billion for milk...but houses will still be on rightmove at the same over-price level they are at the mo

but at least they'll cost f-all to rent : weimar rents

On timing, I don't know, but DMO redemption profiles suggest next year will pose much tougher questions than this one:

20100901 - DMO Quarterly report.JPG

post-141-0-48434600-1290042700_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sledgehead

Which will come first here - the financial crisis or the political crisis (when the Lib Dems are forced to choose between ending the coalition or facing oblivion) ?

Possibly both will coincide.

Edited by blankster