House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ToilAndTrouble

Channel 4 Homes Forum

What's going on at the Channel 4 Homes Forum? All the bulls have suddenly started growling, even susiecam.

Linkage

Anybody got news from expats?

T&T

Heres a quote from another part of C4 property forum:

'Well, firstly invest in an area miles away from where you are and you know nothing about the local rental market. Make sure you overpay on the price, as you want to guarantee you get the properdee. Dont speak to local EA's about rental prices or look in the local paper to get the market rentals value.

Spend loads on the cosmetics of the house so that you price out the average renter and limit your market to the rich and stupid. Do exactly what Phil and Kirsty tell you, thats a guaranteed way to suceed.

Oh, and ignore all the data which tell you the property values are falling, and ignore the maths which tell you that on the market rent for most properdee's in most areas will not even cover the mortgage without taking into account void periods and maintainence, and ignore the possibility that interest rates may rise leaving you bankrupt, eating cat food in your retirement.

Alternatively, start another type of business that will offer better returns for less risk, like becoming a baliff? IMO there will be a real shortage in this sector over the next years, evicting stupid people who thought property was a surefire way to make money without any reference to the wider economic conditions.'

Take it out of that!

Love the way he says "properdee". Perhaps we should all use that for a laugh?

link: http://community.channel4.com/groupee/foru...47/m/6340008803

Edited by OLDFTB

Moonietoon should have come and talked to HPC...

Wow. I could hardly believe what I was hearing on Trevors show. He started off saying something like " house prices have been falling for 12 months" and went on to talk about repossessions massively increasing and people getting into negative equity "like in the last CRASH in the early nineties"

and then theres...

Very doomish, and they backed all there info with statistics.

No, not statistics. People might start to take it seriously!!!

Wow, it's like reading a HPC thread from 12 months ago. It would be good if some of the more bullish C4 posters spent more time on here, especially suziecam. Didn't suziecam admit to being a bloke some time back?

I thought I was quoting a moron.  Very devious.  Very tricky.  A cunning plan!

Not moonietoon!

(Also, I have to be careful as my posts keep getting deleted - short and sharp I say [my parent's couldn't possible be wrong!])

Edited by Jason

I suspect Sir Trev's programme last night may of done a world of good. It's easy for joe public to dismiss people here as just some group of internet crackpots. However, seeing stuff like that on prime time ITV suddenly makes them think again as they can't just dismiss it as stuff coming from people who want the market to crash.

Plus it's primetime TV progs that probably gave them their bullish outlook - afterall if it's on TV it must be true. :rolleyes:

Or are they begining to reach acceptance....

I agree that ol' Trev seems to have made such opinions acceptable, mustrum.

Given the grief HPC folks have had with the CH4 Forum, has the forum also changed their policy on bearish posts?

You meant to say Toss Pot, he works for the media, his friends are advertisers, banks etc etc, when they start lossing money, ie sales dry up the only way to start the machine again is media hype, wheel out the Gimp, autocue ready and go fire.

"HOUSE PRICES HAVE FALLEN 50% LAST WEEK, EVERYONE PANIC".

great Trev, now read this.

"OIL IS NOW £1.05 A GALLON, ISN'T GORDON BROWN UNCOOL".

top stuff Trev, now try this one.

"I'M A CO*K".

Edited by Dicky

Well I'm on there but post under the same name as here.

I use a secret crazy name on C4 (you can guess who I am from the subtle clues in this thread), I never had my creative hat on when I joined here so just used my real name...

..or did I?

Maybe it stands for Judicial Accountability to Save Our Neighborhoods?

Who knows..?

Wow, it's like reading a HPC thread from 12 months ago. It would be good if some of the more bullish C4 posters spent more time on here, especially suziecam. Didn't suziecam admit to being a bloke some time back?

I think more Bulls would come on this site but apparently they get the "boot" ! Exactly how many bulls are on here as it seems all bears to me !

I think more Bulls would come on this site but apparently they get the  "boot" ! Exactly how many bulls are on here as it seems all bears to me !

Are you a bull, if so that makes 3-ish.

Being a bull around here must seem a bit like being a turkey around Christmas, but some do stick around to spice things up a bit.

'nodumsunreader' is border-line deranged but can certainly liven-up an otherwise boring thread.

Edited by HPCheese

I think more Bulls would come on this site but apparently they get the  "boot" ! Exactly how many bulls are on here as it seems all bears to me !

They come and go, kissmyb. I can count over a dozen that have put their opinions forward, often forcefully.

They have received some grief but generally have just quietly faded away one by one.

There is not much to argue about these days.

Edited by Starcrossed

Are you a bull, if so that makes 3-ish.

Being a bull around here must seem a bit like being a turkey around Christmas, but some do stick around to spice things up a bit.

'nodumsunreader' is border-line deranged but can certainly liven-up an otherwise boring thread.

Yes i suppose i am a Bull so that makes 4 ! I have scoured through the postings which are bearish and have to say - i dont agree with the HPC talk! ( dare i say i dont agree -YES!).

Yes  i suppose i am a Bull so that makes 4 ! I have scoured through the postings which are bearish and have to say - i dont agree with the HPC talk! ( dare i say i dont agree -YES!).

Can you give a reasoned explanation as to why you don't agree?

I use a secret crazy name on C4 (you can guess who I am from the subtle clues in this thread), I never had my creative hat on when I joined here so just used my real name...

..or did I?

Maybe it stands for Judicial Accountability to Save Our Neighborhoods?

Who knows..?

I also tried that one, used the name NobbysW4ankshaft, they saw right threw it, thoses moderators are something else.

Yes  i suppose i am a Bull so that makes 4 ! I have scoured through the postings which are bearish and have to say - i dont agree with the HPC talk! ( dare i say i dont agree -YES!).

May we ask your opinion of what will happen to house prices? And the economy?

I think a HPC is wishful thinking for a lot of people/renters who are not on the ladder but want to be.

I know what you mean, some people want houses prices to be half price this time next year!

1/3rd off should do it!

Edited by Jason

I know what you mean, some people want houses prices to be half price this time next year!

1/3rd off should do it!

Well i dont think it will happen.We would all like things cheaper but it does not happen.If prices were to drop drastically which they wont then sellers would take their homes off the market it stands to sense really .Th eonly houses that would be for sale are those that had to be for whatever unseen reasons ( a death etc) so there would be less choice more buyers and hey presto the prices are back up, supply and demand!

I think a HPC is wishful thinking for a lot of people/renters who are not on the ladder but want to be.

There are also plenty of pretty hard-headed folk here that feel that what they think does not matter. That house prices will drop regardless of how many threads are started on HPC.

Well i dont think it will happen.We would all like things cheaper but it does not happen.If prices were to drop drastically which they wont then sellers would take their homes off the market it stands to sense really .Th eonly houses that would be for sale are those that had to be for whatever unseen reasons ( a death etc) so there would be less choice more buyers and hey presto the prices are back up, supply and demand!

What happened in 91 to 96, did everyone suddenly have to move houses and so all had to sell at the same time.