House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Fps Xbox Recommendation

I have been quite happy playing COD World At War on the xbox online - never got into Modern Warfare - but decided to jump to the COD Black Ops when it came out last week due to all the glowing reviews in the press.

Waited 48 hours and was gobsmacked by all the negative reviews about it, the authors rushing out patches to fix numerous things, etc, so have decided to avoid it. To be frank, not happy with some of the stuff like shooting Kennedy and Castro and the nonsense of having 2010 tech in the 1960s.

There was something satisfying about FPS re Doom, Quake and the original CODs set in WW2.

But COD World At War online has died in the last week. It suffered a hit when COD MW2 came out but a week or so later thousands returned to COD World At War online. It don't appear to be happening this time so...

Can anyone recommend a good FPS shooter for online play. I am a big fan of CTF so really want that in a game.

Halo Reach - bound to have lots of online players at the moment, or whatever the latest Medal of Honour/Battlefield game is - they're practically identical to CoD anyway.

Last years Battlefield: Bad Company 2 was great but I'm not sure if there will be many people playing it now. Medal of Honour only came out a month or so ago so probably has more players at the moment.

I have been quite happy playing COD World At War on the xbox online - never got into Modern Warfare - but decided to jump to the COD Black Ops when it came out last week due to all the glowing reviews in the press.

Waited 48 hours and was gobsmacked by all the negative reviews about it, the authors rushing out patches to fix numerous things, etc, so have decided to avoid it. To be frank, not happy with some of the stuff like shooting Kennedy and Castro and the nonsense of having 2010 tech in the 1960s.

There was something satisfying about FPS re Doom, Quake and the original CODs set in WW2.

But COD World At War online has died in the last week. It suffered a hit when COD MW2 came out but a week or so later thousands returned to COD World At War online. It don't appear to be happening this time so...

Can anyone recommend a good FPS shooter for online play. I am a big fan of CTF so really want that in a game.

Doom was absolutely class! Sampled from Evil dead.

Yeah , Halo is a superb game, Halo 1 is anyway, the story is truly superb. CTF on Halo reach is excellent.... 8v8

Nb: I once ranked 8th in the Uk in my youth :P

Doom was absolutely class! Sampled from Evil dead.

Yeah , Halo is a superb game, Halo 1 is anyway, the story is truly superb. CTF on Halo reach is excellent.... 8v8

Nb: I once ranked 8th in the Uk in my youth :P

8v8 is better than 5v5 on COD WOW.

I miss the days of massive Doom/Quake/COD CTF games on the PC. The original United Offensive Service Pack for the original COD was great for CTF - used to have 20 versus 20 games on it on the PC and it was mostly blokes in their 30s and 40s playing so really good.

Now I am on xbox I never know whether I am playing a 12 yr old or a 50 yr old - assume the former as you have jerks 'wanting to be your friend'.

Miss the way you could type in sarcy comments with the PC games.