House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reck B

Advice Sought X 2

Picked up an injury 2 weeks ago at football which doesn't seem to be getting any better. it's a sharp pain on one of the metatarsels which is causing me to walk with lots of pressure on my big toe, which is creating more pain there and up my shin. I've just been to the walk in centre but there's a 2 hour wait so I'm considering a trip to A&E.

if it is broken, will they just strap it up, or would it need a cast? TBH it would be a massive waste of time to go there, wait ages and come out with a bandage I could have easily put on myself. if it's a cast, however i'd be willing to invest the time. having a cast makes you cool/dangerous to know.

In a semi linked way - i'm injured for tonights football so I'm going to the cinema instead;

Odeon

Skyline

Paranormal Activity 2

Due Date

3D Saw

3D Jackass

Vue

(Same as odeon except)

The Social Network

Burke & Hare

Let Me In

Picture House

Another Year

My Afternoons with margueritte (La Tete en Friche)

Any good films here?

Fractured my metatarsal when I was 11, quite painful. Did someone stand on your foot as you were running? I had a cast but only because I asked for one as I was at school. They will probably just strap it.

Have heard Social Network is very good.

Depends on the fracture. If it is a metatarsal they sometimes dont show up till a few weeks after the actual break. They should do an x-ray though just to make sure.

I find with A & E/drop in clinics these day, unfortunately, the best way to get things done is to lie - if you have to. Tell them you had someone really stamp on your foot and they will be much more likely to give you an x-ray. Not the way it should be but my recent experience with them points me in this direction.

Rub your fingers firmly down each bone. If there is a pin point extreme area of pain and the area around is not too bad them probably a fracture. May put you in a cast may not. PS - I am no medical expert just read a lot about this as thought I had one a while back.

Fractured my metatarsal when I was 11, quite painful. Did someone stand on your foot as you were running? I had a cast but only because I asked for one as I was at school. They will probably just strap it.

Have heard Social Network is very good.

i wear quite soft boots and kicked the bottom of someones foot. Quite hard. I guess I'm just concerned that it will take ages to heal if the bones are moving around in my shoes when I'm walking, Plus i broke a metacarpal 8 years ago and that still aches because it fused badly so want to avoid that.

Go to A&E during you usual football session tonight but take something to read. Not wasting any extra time and saves the cost of a half price cinema ticket.

Not sure if this is Viz or MSE.

i wear quite soft boots and kicked the bottom of someones foot. Quite hard. I guess I'm just concerned that it will take ages to heal if the bones are moving around in my shoes when I'm walking, Plus i broke a metacarpal 8 years ago and that still aches because it fused badly so want to avoid that.

I have done that too. Thought I had broken something but turned out I had bruised the top of my foot, took ages to heal, maybe 4 weeks. Get an xray.

Have it checked out ad it's if's broken buy a proper cast that you can take off, don't let the NHS put a plaster cast on you.

If you get the NHS cast at least make sure they are not stretching out your ankle and they leave enough space or your leg to bend -- and take some shorts because they expect you to cut off your trousers for their botchjob. It really is better to splash out for the plastic cast and then sell it on, this is what I did last time and it was so much better than the cast I worse years ago when I broke my other foot (limping evenly now, yay!)

Make sure you see the X-ray for yourself as well!

Other than that, it's no problem, the cast causes more problems than the break itself.

Picture house in Exeter for Social Network and a beer whilst you watch it.

Picture house in Exeter for Social Network and a beer whilst you watch it.

As someone I worked as a projectionist there for three years in the late '90s, seconded!

Didn't know that they're letting you take beer down into the auditoria now, though. In my time it was a constant battle to stop them, and the council's licensing people were always trying to catch us.

Tip: if the red sofas in the alcoves opposite the staircase and next to the entrance to the projection booth are still there, stay clear. If you knew what some of the staff have got up to on them after closing time, you would rapidly lose your appetite for the trademark City Screen cappuccino and flapjack...

As someone I worked as a projectionist there for three years in the late '90s, seconded!

Didn't know that they're letting you take beer down into the auditoria now, though. In my time it was a constant battle to stop them, and the council's licensing people were always trying to catch us.

Tip: if the red sofas in the alcoves opposite the staircase and next to the entrance to the projection booth are still there, stay clear. If you knew what some of the staff have got up to on them after closing time, you would rapidly lose your appetite for the trademark City Screen cappuccino and flapjack...

Had many an 'after hours' drink in the picture house! After your days though.

Watched Social network in Vue in the end. Excellent film. Still won't join facebook though..