Why Are You Withdrawing This Cash?

HOLA441
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

You are never going to get below that £16k!! If you do they will recall all £20 notes and then when you go to the bank with the sacks full they will want to know where it came from. and there will be a tap on your shoulder from a dole officer.

What about opening an account with a bookmaker and deposting some there? You can make cash deposits and withdrawals in shops at firms such as Ladbrokes. Or use an online one based abroad such as Stan James in Gibraltar.

Or maybe using such as paypal to store some?

I'm worried about all this cash at your house!!

Keep it under £5000, else you trigger their security. They can freeze your account for 6 months, unless you can provide invoices, inventories...etc (after that they have to release the funds back to you)

HOLA443
HOLA444

Keep it under £5000, else you trigger their security. They can freeze your account for 6 months, unless you can provide invoices, inventories...etc (after that they have to release the funds back to you)

I've taken out over twice that on a regular basis for various bits and bobs over the years out of Barclays , and shit all has happened so far, they might just be lulling me into a false sense of security, the cunning bastards!

HOLA445
HOLA446

WHAT?? Is this true?

Surely anyone is entitled to withdraw their money whenever or in whatever sum they want?? No??

I sold a van a few months ago and walked into halifax with 7k. The chap behind the counter behaved like a child with his first boner. He sort of giggled, then looked embarrassed, then said something like" umm, thats an awfull lot of money. Did you sell something." But he couldn't seem to look me in the eye. It was very strange. I said surely working in a bank you have seen more than than that before?? He just sort of shrugged. I certainly wasn't going to tell him where it came from. Im just using a service they offer. I dont want a discussion on it. He counted it twice then asked his boss to count it. Bizzarre.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Maybe the question is in the "Standard Operating Procedure" or a pop-up comes up on their screen for any withdrawals >£x.

Er, they may have to type in what you said on your record after the prompt.

Why don't we have retail bankers on this forum?

It's called disclosure:

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/productsandservices/practicenotes/aml/460.article

everyone is demaded to enforce this law from the car salesman to the conveyancer.......anything over 5G's.

SOCA look for small regular movement like the 300quid from the ATM everyday

be afraid :ph34r:

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I've been withdrawing cash from the ATM for months, £300 per day, it will probably take another three months although I am getting ready to make a large cash withdrawal from the Nationwide any day soon.

Doubt I will win though, they will probably just re-issue a new run of banknotes and declare the last lot invalid.

Why?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

It's called disclosure:

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/productsandservices/practicenotes/aml/460.article

everyone is demaded to enforce this law from the car salesman to the conveyancer.......anything over 5G's.

SOCA look for small regular movement like the 300quid from the ATM everyday

be afraid :ph34r:

Nah.. they might have the algorithms to spot small suspicious movements, but they just haven't got the man power to follow them up. The laughable complexity of the linked form on how to be a tax grass guarantee's it's utter failure.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

They can look 'til their eyes fall out, it's my money and if I want to take £300 a day out of the ATM then that's my business.

HM you are human livestock & it's not *your* money !

As an aside, if it were your money you could burn it, you can't, it's illegal.

They will take their money from you whether fast or slow, by stealth or force.

free range serfdom brother.........

HOLA4418

Fun discussions, but if banks run out of reserves and FSA guarantee was rescinded, there surely isn't a scenario where people continue to walk around paying each other with the little bits of paper that we currently put so much faith in. :blink:

HOLA4419

Fun discussions, but if banks run out of reserves and FSA guarantee was rescinded, there surely isn't a scenario where people continue to walk around paying each other with the little bits of paper that we currently put so much faith in. :blink:

No, not an issue anymore. The banks did run out of reserves, the FSCS guarantee was worthless (because it isn't prefunded and was limited to £4bn), so the government stepped in and printed money. They've done it once, they'll do it again. They have no choice. Of course the bankers know that now, so they can take any risks they like, if the gamble works they win huge bonuses, if not, then the government print the cash and everyone sees their pounds devalued. Win / win for banks, and they know it.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

They just need to fill in the box on their computer screen.

I drew out £15K at the peak of the 'banking crisis'. They asked if I could give them a couple of days to get it together as I wanted it in £50s and they didn't have many of them at the branch. I said 'no problem' and the girl politely, and in a matter of fact way, asked what I wanted it for. I said that I wanted to keep some cash on me in case anything happened to the bank, she replied, with a smile, 'I don't blame you'. I picked up the cash two days later with no further questions.

When I paid it back in, nine months later at a different branch, they asked where the money came from, I told them and they accepted it without question.

HOLA4423

I remember seeing a really good film about this.....When I was a kid.

It was all about a little fellow who wanted to feed some birds, so went to the bank to withdraw twupence. It caused meyhem!

Cann't remember what it was called - but it was really good and based on a real story.:blink:

HOLA4424

So I popped into my local bank this lunchtime, timed to be at a busy time, to withdraw some cash over the counter (> cash machine allowance).

Of course they have to ask "why are you withdrawing this cash".

After making a scene about personal privacy and police state I loudly said:

"To ensure I have some cash to protect myself from the coming systemic banking failure".

There were some really worried looks behind me in the queue and some embarrassed shuffling from behind the counter.

All good fun - spreading the word and all that! :)

Bos.

I tried the same thing today. The counter staff looked at me as if I had 2 heads, and people in the queue made peculiar gestures with their hand.

Not sure what that means but clearly all concerned were very worried!!

Edited by adamxxx

HOLA4425

I remember seeing a really good film about this.....When I was a kid.

It was all about a little fellow who wanted to feed some birds, so went to the bank to withdraw twupence. It caused meyhem!

Cann't remember what it was called - but it was really good and based on a real story.:blink:

Are you thinking of a Paddington Bear episode...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr5_O0AK1tA