House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Laura

H S B C Doubles Bankers Pay

LINK

Banking giant HSBC is doubling the basic pay of hundreds of its senior investment bankers, Sky News can reveal.

Mustn't grumble. Wot's on telly tonight?

LINK

Banking giant HSBC is doubling the basic pay of hundreds of its senior investment bankers, Sky News can reveal.

Mustn't grumble. Wot's on telly tonight?

Fantastic. Thanks Laura.

They will everywhere else but in the UK.

Britain has zero history of peoples revolution.

Get used to living under the boot of some rich kunt, until such time as you move away from here.

This is Britain. Same as it ever was.

Why would they be? HSBC wasnt bailed out by the tax payer.

It took me a while to come around to the view that the bailout was actually systemic rather than institutional. Some institutions were merely the mechanism through which the system was bailed out.

Some say that minds are never changed on internet forums. Mine was.

Britain has a rich history in this department but a tradition of not raising it too often in case the people get inappropriate ideas.

Eg:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peasants'_Revolt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Days_of_May

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invergordon_Mutiny

The elites shape national consciousness by choosing what is and isn't focussed on.

Edited by newbie

They will everywhere else but in the UK.

Get used to living under the boot of some rich kunt, until such time as you move away from here.

This is Britain. Same as it ever was.

Civil war?

Why would they be? HSBC wasnt bailed out by the tax payer.

Quite right JS.

All Hail senior bankers at HSBC; they are glorious & wise; their pay should be doubled every year. All Hail

Quite right JS.

All Hail senior bankers at HSBC; they are glorious & wise; their pay should be doubled every year. All Hail

If I were you, id concentrate on doubling my own salary rather than worrying about what other people get. But this is loser Britain, and thats not how peoples minds here work.

If I were you, id concentrate on doubling my own salary rather than worrying about what other people get. But this is loser Britain, and thats not how peoples minds here work.

laugh.gif

So it's OK to dip your hands in the till as long as you own the till, even if it's full of other peoples' money? :D

Edited by Hyperduck Quack Quack

It took me a while to come around to the view that the bailout was actually systemic rather than institutional. Some institutions were merely the mechanism through which the system was bailed out.

+1

This is the exact point. JS (and others like him know it but don't want to admit it). The SYSTEM failed and the weakest fell first before the government stepped in to prop up the SYSTEM. If the government hadn't acted then the next tier of institutions would have fallen and then the next eventually wiping them ALL out. HSBC and Barclays WERE bailed out. It's bl00dy simple!

Mine was as well

And your part of it.

+1

This is the exact point. JS (and others like him know it but don't want to admit it). The SYSTEM failed and the weakest fell first before the government stepped in to prop up the SYSTEM. If the government hadn't acted then the next tier of institutions would have fallen and then the next eventually wiping them ALL out. HSBC and Barclays WERE bailed out. It's bl00dy simple!

Can you prove it any other way than a hand waving argument, though?

Can you prove it any other way than a hand waving argument, though?

You are joking right?

There are plenty of very good, academic and economic articles pointing to systemic risk in the Western banking system and concluding that without the intervention in 2008 the financial system would have collapsed due to contagion. In fact, I was of the impression that this was a pretty well and widely understood point.

No hand waving needed.