House Price Crash Forum
Caveat Mortgagor

Price And Description Left Me Speechless

There is an inappropriately named part of Foleshill in Coventry which is officially called 'Paradise'. However, the people of Coventry must consider another contender for most inapproriate name for an area of Foleshill.

Ladies and gentlemen I give you 'the Beverley Hills of Foleshill!

Many other houses locally are 2-3 bed terraces with no front garden that sell for £80k(ish) But to live the dream in Beverley Hills you need to find £500k!

I am seriously thinking of plaguing the agent with calls to chide them for such a ludicrous description.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-28481686.html

Went to college in Coventry, dated a girl who live no more than

500 yards away from this house

I have to agree that is absolutely staggering

If the EA gets that away, then you have just blown my mind

I know nothing about Coventry. Pretty much assumed there weren't any £500k houses here!

What is really telling is when you click the 'find similar properties' link and nothing comes up. You have to lower the min price by a half for anything else in the neighbourhood to appear.

Totally deluded.

Here's what you can get within 3 miles:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27831347.html

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30681860.html?premiumA=true

Bit of a no brainer, even for an EA you'd have thought

property developer let loose on an ordinary 3 bed detached worth 250K at the most.

extension above the garage with a flat roof and ex-garage now a 4th reception :o

laminate flooring at its best and magnolia paint

says it all really and Coventry :o

not the nicest place to live - apologies to anyone who lives there.

There is an inappropriately named part of Foleshill in Coventry which is officially called 'Paradise'. However, the people of Coventry must consider another contender for most inapproriate name for an area of Foleshill.

Ladies and gentlemen I give you 'the Beverley Hills of Foleshill!

Many other houses locally are 2-3 bed terraces with no front garden that sell for £80k(ish) But to live the dream in Beverley Hills you need to find £500k!

I am seriously thinking of plaguing the agent with calls to chide them for such a ludicrous description.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-28481686.html

What's with the speed bump?

Let them waste their money or marketing costs, an EA out of pocket isn't a bad thing.

26/11/2007 £325,000 Det. F No Map 44, St Pauls Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV6 5DF

20/06/2007 £465,000 Det. F No Map 36, St Pauls Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV6 5DF

15/12/2003 £252,000 Det. F No Map 46, St Pauls Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV6 5DF

26/09/2000 £275,000 Det. F No Map 36, St Pauls Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV6 5DF

12/05/2000 £55,000 Det. F No Map 74, St Pauls Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV6 5DF

No. 36 perhaps?

IMPO lots of UK EAs are now out of control due to the ultra low interest rates - they are just taking the proverbial IMPO across the country.

The thing is - they know that they can try it on and that some mug might come along. It surely must be boom times for EAs.

Seamless extension, huh. They didnt even bother to put a matching roof on it.

I dont get people like that. Theyve made an effort inside - not my taste, but not awful either. But the outside is ugly as sin. A bit of foilage in the front might be nice. Instead its a sea of concrete.

Seamless extension, huh. They didnt even bother to put a matching roof on it.

I dont get people like that. Theyve made an effort inside - not my taste, but not awful either. But the outside is ugly as sin. A bit of foilage in the front might be nice. Instead its a sea of concrete.

As an outsider living here, i can confirm the locals like their concrete.

There is an area called Coundon which Mrs Caveat calls the concrete jungle. Everyone has got rid of the garden to have room to park three cars.

In fact if i can be bothered to find a link, there was a story in the local news about a whole estate of newbuilds in Daimler Green (Yep, depressingly it used to be a factory, now its new build housing - aaargh!) where the buyers had paved over their gardens and were then told they had to change it back as in the deeds it said the gardens should be left. Something to do with flood risk.

Any reasonable person would think it would be good to see some greenery restored to the area, but the locals, even people who didnt live on the affected estate, were up in arms about being deprived of concrete.

Edited by Caveat Mortgagor

There are lots of places like that, concreted gardens, all over the place.

A non too subtle combination of maximum density housing leaving little room for parking and green policies trying to minimise car ownership along the lines of 'If we don't give them anywhere to park they won't own cars', its all complete tosh, but that seems to be the long and short of it.

There are lots of places like that, concreted gardens, all over the place.

A non too subtle combination of maximum density housing leaving little room for parking and green policies trying to minimise car ownership along the lines of 'If we don't give them anywhere to park they won't own cars', its all complete tosh, but that seems to be the long and short of it.

An estate designed to discourage car ownership...on the site of a former British car factory.

Oh, the irony...

Welcome to UK 2013.

You would think that the EA would include a bloody floorplan if they were trying to sell a house that big.