House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thunderbird 900

Why Is This Bully Allowed To Present A Tv Programme?

I work from home and usually start at around 7am.

My elevenses is around 9.30 and I sit down with my cuppa and digestive and turn on the box to veg out for a short time.

For some strange reason I am drawn to watch a nasty, vicious TV presenter that goes by the name of Jeremy Kyle.

With a conveyor belt of the young underclass or middle aged simpletons they line up for the slaughter.

On comes this sneering arrogant bully Kyle who then shouts, lectures and demeans all who offend his moral standards.

Yes, you can say they deserve it. From alcohol abuse to drug taking the story usually follows the same pattern.

The individuals want a DNA to establish who is the unfortunate father or a lie detector to confirm he or she has been playing away from home.

What I object to is the presenter, Jeremy Kyle. He tells his guests to "Shut up". He shouts and sneers at them. He amplifies their lack of education by repeating their responses

to make them look like idiots. His role it seems is to act as judge and jury. The majority of his guests are overweight, tatooed with body piercings... and quite sadly suffer from a lack of education and a stable upbringing.

Is this the standard of television broadcasting that we have come to and deserve in the 21st Century, and that passes for adult informative? entertaining? meaningful? watching???

Your thoughts please...

Is this the standard of television broadcasting that we have come to and deserve in the 21st Century, and that passes for adult informative? entertaining? meaningful? watching???

Your thoughts please...

It is just an excuse for a freak show for the middle classes in my opinion. I also think that this is what Iain Duncan Smith and his thinktank watch when developing policies on benefits, well this and Vicky Pollard.

Speaking of bullies, has anyone ever watched any of the "An XXXX is born" programmes on Discovery? A plane is born, a car is born etc etc

They are presented by a guy called Mark Evans who is nothing short of a bully. Of couse, he would deny it, and to watch it you might not realise yourself, but he's one of those "small man syndrome" knobs who's constantly belittling those working with him or mocking their appearance, but done in a supposedly jovial way to hide it as playful teasing, when in reality its niggly, irritating bullying of the sort you find in many workplaces. Almost unwatchable because of it

Some people need a smack round the ear

Speaking of bullies, has anyone ever watched any of the "An XXXX is born" programmes on Discovery? A plane is born, a car is born etc etc

They are presented by a guy called Mark Evans who is nothing short of a bully. Of couse, he would deny it, and to watch it you might not realise yourself, but he's one of those "small man syndrome" knobs who's constantly belittling those working with him or mocking their appearance, but done in a supposedly jovial way to hide it as playful teasing, when in reality its niggly, irritating bullying of the sort you find in many workplaces. Almost unwatchable because of it

Some people need a smack round the ear

I would disagree with your views on Mark Evans, having caught the show a few times. I know he is a vet by profession. Obviously a clever chap, but I never picked up on the condescending vibes you are suggesting.....?

Agree that Jeremy Kyle is reminiscent of the slime you may find on the sole of your shoe.

{He is 'of the moment' and the popularity he has enjoyed, will only be matched by the vilification, and contempt he will face in the future. Of course he will probably convince himself people are just jealous of his success. Ten Star Cockhead....}

pete.hpc, I have watched Mark Evans on these rebuild projects.

The one thing I have noticed is that when he takes the mick out of someone else on the programme they stay silent.

I find the rebuild projects very interesting, but Mark Evans does come across as a strange person. He does make constant disparaging remarks

about his co workers. His only saving grace is that he does not take himself too seriously.

I agree that a smack around the chops would bring these irritating jumped up presenters a short sharp shock.

At least on Orange County Choppers, where the VERY ANGRY father is constantly shouting and arguing with his son, who then quite naturally gives him a bollicking in return.

I understand where you are coming from completely, however, we are dealing with a section of society who are Baby Peter's abusers peer group let's be honest here).

So even though I have caught the show a couple of times, perhaps Kyle is speaking to them in the only style they understand?

Not sticking up for him as such, but it's an alternative pov.

Recently a guy got mad at him and throw something at him, I saw the clip on Youtube and it did elicit a lot of sympathy for your thought.

The bloke, although clearly a bit of a scumbag, made a good point. Why was there need for him to sling the envelope away ? And then when questioned he gave some sarcastic comment about it just being an envelope. Well perhaps seeing it was the envelope that told this guy he was a dad................................... it may have meant something to him. Even scumbags have feelings.

What annoys me about that clip is the way Kyle seems to derive pleasure by deliberately winding up the male guest.

Look at those ridiculous security heavies. Protecting him from another "envelope attack".

Please don't think I am trying to defend the chav. I am not. I just find Kyle a complete and arrogant shit.

You can almost read his mind. He must be thinking this makes great TV.

Pity it was only an envelope and not a fist.

There's a whole section of the TV industry can makes its filthy lucre from exploiting ficko chavs. Kyle, Big Brother, Supernanny, Extreme Makeover, World's Strictest Parents, Wife Swap - thousands of bread and circus shows.

Could be worse, it could be Matthew Wright.

Jeremy has definetly got more rude over the years though, he didnt used to be quite so sneering and bitter. Maybe after years of confronting the pond life on his show he's finally losing it.